I want to record some tunes with only DI box and computer (is it possible?), but I'm very clueless about the order, and stuff.
So can you guys help me with the order of the set-up,
I didn't have a DI box yet but I'm planning to get the Whirlwind, I heard It's pretty good for It's price.
and also can you recommend me some software for the recording?

Thanks In Advance
It is possible, but i'm not all that sure about its quality. If anything I would suggest getting an audio interface and going that route (I like the Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 personally). So the chain would go:

Guitar > Guitar cable into Audio Interface > Audio interface USB into PC > DAW

So first off, software for recording is more commonly known as a DAW - Digital Audio Workstation. And I guess it comes down to what quality are you after?

My personal preference, and what I find to be the cheapest way to high quality is Focusrite Scarlett (http://www.amazon.co.uk/Musical-Instruments-Focusrite-Scarlett-2i2-Computer-Interface/dp/B005OZE9SA) and Cubase LE8 (https://www.steinberg.net/en/shop/buy_product/product/cubase-elements-8.html) meaning a total of like £160?

I'd see what other options people post, but I personally don't find Reaper/the cheaper options all that fun or great to work with. But it comes down to preference. For the price it's a pretty killer package, Cubase has a lot of amp/cab sims and it's very easy and quick to operate. On top of that there's all kinds of synths to make use of it you want to expand your range.
You Dont Know Me

I have 10 Anarchy Points - I also have 8 Mythology points!

Peavey Generation EXP Custom White
Yamaha 120S Black
Korg AX5G
Digitech Whammy
Zvex Fuzz Factory
Boss OS2

Quote by mrfinkle213
This man has brains.

Quote by CoreysMonster
Banned for indirect reference.
Yeah I wouldn't DI, just get an Audio Interface into DAW.
I use a M-Audio Fast Track Ultra, for recording guitars and vocals.

In regards to DAW, Reaper is free and very easy to use once you get the hang of it. I prefer it tons more over that of Cakewalk, Sonar, or Logic. Don't be put off by the fact it's free either since it works just as well if not better than those three.

For amp/cab sim, I use Guitar Rig which sounds absolutely killer. It's expensive though so a cheaper option could be Amplitude (or is it Amplitube?) which doesn't sound as good but still gets the job done.

Example: Ace of Spades - Motorhead (ignore the bass, it's programmed)
https://soundcloud.com/paulgrumblegrumblegrumble/ace-of-spades-motorhead-cover

Also worth noting, I'm terrible around a DAW / mixing / mastering.
Guitar Rig vs Amplitube - that's 6 here, half a dozen there...they're pretty much interchangeable. There is a freeware version of Guitar Rig that has some useful amps, one clean and one dirty and one cab I think, but they all sound good. I've been playing with that lately even though I have all the full version of the other ones. As long as you know what you're doing you can get good sounds with either.

So look at audio interface that has a guitar (instrument) input: Mackie, Roland, PreSonus, etc.

Personally, I like Presonus as it comes with Studio One and their amp modeling software Ampire, which gets me great results.
I'd rather get BIAS Desktop than Guitar rig etc
You Dont Know Me

I have 10 Anarchy Points - I also have 8 Mythology points!

Peavey Generation EXP Custom White
Yamaha 120S Black
Korg AX5G
Digitech Whammy
Zvex Fuzz Factory
Boss OS2

Quote by mrfinkle213
This man has brains.

Quote by CoreysMonster
Banned for indirect reference.