http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-35333647

Ms Tsai, 59, leads the Democratic Progressive Party (DPP) that wants independence from China.

In her victory speech, she vowed to preserve the status quo in relations with China, adding Beijing must respect Taiwan's democracy and both sides must ensure there are no provocations.

China sees the island as a breakaway province - which it has threatened to take back by force if necessary.

Considering that Taiwan has been under the same party since WW2 (which committed many atrocities and human rights violations during its time), this is a massive deal.
o()o

Quote by JamSessionFreak
yes every night of my entire life i go to bed crying because i wasnt born american
Should have elected Freddy Lim from Chthonic instead. How sweet would it be for your president to be the vocalist in a folk metal band
Check out my band Disturbed
women cant be president
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
Quote by StewieSwan
Should have elected Freddy Lim from Chthonic instead. How sweet would it be for your president to be the vocalist in a folk metal band

If you're gonna say something silly, at least get the genre right.

smh
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by theogonia777
If you're gonna say something silly, at least get the genre right.

smh

they are folk metal

people who still call them black metal are living in the past
Check out my band Disturbed
China should just fuck off.
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
Ok
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Quote by StewieSwan

His party won several seats in the legislative vote, I believe.
o()o

Quote by JamSessionFreak
yes every night of my entire life i go to bed crying because i wasnt born american
Big fucking deal
They are still racist because they've never had a white president.
it's probably a man really lbr
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Pffft who ever heard of a plane country having a woman president
My God, it's full of stars!
Finland.
Glad to cross paths with you on this adventure called life
Quote by Jet Penguin
lots of flirting with the other key without confirming. JUST LIKE THEIR LOVE IN THE MOVIE OH DAMN.
Quote by Hail
you're acting like you have perfect pitch or something