Bill banning child marriage fails in Pakistan because it's ‘un-Islamic’

Page 1 of 2
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/worldviews/wp/2016/01/15/bill-banning-child-marriage-fails-in-pakistan-after-its-deemed-un-islamic/?tid=sm_fb

Pakistani lawmakers had to withdraw a bill aimed at curbing the practice of child marriage after a prominent religious body declared the legislation un-Islamic.

The bill, which proposed raising the marriage age for females from 16 to 18, also called for harsher penalties for those who would arrange marriages involving children. Despite the laws in place, child marriages, particularly involving young female brides, are common in parts of the country. It's estimated that some 20 percent of girls in the country are married before they turn 18.

But the Council of Islamic Ideology, a constitutional body which gives advice to parliament on the compatibility of laws with Sharia, appeared to slap down the legislation after deeming it "un-Islamic" and "blasphemous," according to Agence France Presse. It had already handed down a similar ruling in 2014.
Last edited by bradulator at Jan 16, 2016,
Nuke Pakistan, it's the only solution.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
Quote by EndTheRapture51
#ReligionOfPeace

Domestic peace if you marry the girls off young and train them to obedience.
Quote by Diemon Dave
ya idk most Asian cultures (muslim or not) still mostly arrange marriages at that age or a bit younger in rural areas
Quote by Arthur Curry
it's official, vintage x metal is the saving grace of this board and/or the antichrist

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

Quote by slapsymcdougal
Nuke Pakistan, it's the only solution.

Angry slapsy is a scary prospect.
o()o

Quote by JamSessionFreak
yes every night of my entire life i go to bed crying because i wasnt born american
Did you read this part:

Clerics on the council object to minimum age requirements, arguing instead that an individual can marry once reaching puberty, which can be as early as the age of 9.
I watched a documentary in school once about Pakistan and they went to a water park and every went on the slides and stuff with their clothes on.

Quote by bradulator
Did you read this part:

Girls can reach puberty way earlier than 9. Those assholes should do some damn research. Shaking my head.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Last edited by theogonia777 at Jan 16, 2016,
Quote by EpiExplorer
Angry slapsy is a scary prospect.

Take comfort in the fact that if I ever do somehow gain the authority to launch mankind's explodiest creations, there's a good chance you'll already be dead.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Well is 9 really a child tho, I'd beaten Pokemon Red, Blue and Yellow versions by that age.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Quote by bradulator
Did you read this part:

sorry this isn't new news to me

the Guinness book of world records consistently has its youngest marked marriages in Bangladesh, usually infants. my grandma got married when she was 13. my parents weren't arranged but most of their friends were so a bunch of my friends' parents were arranged at a young age
Quote by Arthur Curry
it's official, vintage x metal is the saving grace of this board and/or the antichrist

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

I couldn't imagine how bad of a woman my parents would have picked for me. Ugh.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
That part of the world being shitty isn't news tho, it's olds
My God, it's full of stars!
Quote by JustRooster
Hey Dreadnought, what's your favorite fruit?

... why
Hey Rossenrot, what's your favorite fruit? Apparently Dread's trying to have a serious time in this thread, he's no fun.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
Why is everyone mad? This is good news cx
Islam is due for a reform and modernization.
Strawberry is definitely up there. Kiwi too.'

But damn, probably a nice ripe peach/nectarine.

edit: mmm mango
Quote by WCPhils
plums easily

huehuehuehue
Quote by Diemon Dave
I like pumpkin personally, but I've heard conflicting information about whether they count as a fruit or not.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 50-54
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 0-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 0-0
Peaches and mangoes and raspberries and blueberries hmu
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
sometimes i put islamic vinegar on my burgers or salad

i like pataya by the way
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Yeah it's gonna take Islam a few years to finally make pedophilia illegal. Hopefully they'll get there, though. Certain progressive Muslims think pedophilia is bad. So I look forward to it when Islam becomes fully modernized and no longer sanctions pedophilia.
Quote by Dreadnought
But damn, probably a nice ripe peach/nectarine.

edit: mmm mango

Yeah these are some of the best things in the world

the first two you mentioned I hate tho
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
Quote by theogonia777
sometimes i put islamic vinegar on my burgers or salad

i like pataya by the way

Uncle aciD

&

The deadbeatS

Do What Your Love Tells You
Quote by slapsymcdougal
Take comfort in the fact that if I ever do somehow gain the authority to launch mankind's explodiest creations, there's a good chance you'll already be dead.

Aw.
o()o

Quote by JamSessionFreak
yes every night of my entire life i go to bed crying because i wasnt born american
Page 1 of 2