Hey, everyone! I just finished up a new psychedelic rock EP with 5 tracks. I play all the instruments on each track-- guitar, bass, and drums. I really hope you all find it enjoyable, and feedback would be greatly appreciated! Thanks! Will c4c.

Scriptures
Last edited by BeatlesFan789 at Jan 17, 2016,
Loved it from the off set, you really captured a psychedelic vibe without trying too hard. The production is fantastic, what do you use? I love the violining effect done with the electric guitar. My only complaint would be it kind of stays the same, it would have been better in my opinion if you transitioned to different sections you know? But overall I really enjoyed it man keep up the good work!
Also some Jim Morrison-esque vocals would have sounded cool over it
i was talking about the title track btw if that's not clear haha
Thanks for the crit.

For production, I just use Audacity because at the moment I'm way too broke to pay for a software. For the violin-ish effect on the guitar, I just recorded a guitar track as normal and then reversed it.
I dig it! Scriptures and Endless Sand remind me a ton of "the end" by the doors.
Fantastic Voyage and Present, Future, and Past both sound like a clash between Tame Impala and the Doors which is very cool. Nice mix between lead and rythym guitars.
Paisley Magnolia is a great little outro, I actually wanted to hear it turn into a full length song!
Also, the production sounds great for just using Audacity - surprising imo.
Quote by stratdud39
I dig it! Scriptures and Endless Sand remind me a ton of "the end" by the doors.
Fantastic Voyage and Present, Future, and Past both sound like a clash between Tame Impala and the Doors which is very cool. Nice mix between lead and rythym guitars.
Paisley Magnolia is a great little outro, I actually wanted to hear it turn into a full length song!
Also, the production sounds great for just using Audacity - surprising imo.

Thanks so much! Tame Impala is one of my favorite groups, and the Doors are also incredible. I'm really flattered that you picked up that sound from my music
BeatlesFan789,
I also noticed "The End" influence. Perhaps I've mentioned before I have performed at Gazzarri's in Hollywood (the Doors played there before they got real famous). I was waiting for Jim Morrision to start singing, but alas, no vocals. Overall, it sounds pretty cool! I have experimented with backwards guitar, and it's not easy to make it sound good. You did it well. Please review my music at this link:

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1694037
Last edited by aaron aardvark at Jan 21, 2016,