roughly 19 inches wide , 9.5 high and 11 deep did you see that ?? ....... that's pretty much "mini " territory although the 40 pounds of weight is not mini
Pretty nice looking, I wonder what they'll want for it
I'm just a kickin' and a gougin' in the mud and the blood and the beer.
Ouch. I suppose that's to be expected, but damn.
So it's an overpriced Mk5 with two EQ controls?

Sorry, I never got the JP hype. He's a fantastic guitarist, but he's a close second to EVH on whoring his name out on signature gear.
Gibson RD Silverburst w/ Lace Dissonant Aggressors (SOLD)
Electra Omega Prime Ceruse
Fender Franken-Jag Bass

Amps and the like:
Laney VH100R
Seismic Luke 2x12
Dunlop 105Q Wah
Gojira FX 808
Line 6 M9
Quote by TheStig1214

I think it's more of a 3 channel IIC reissue more than a MK V
It's an updated Mark 2C+, not a Mark 5. That makes it a very good thing. Mark IIC's rock hard.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
And I got a Mark iiC+ about 5 months ago...Sounds beyond phenomenal, but I'd love to be able to change channels quickly (from clean to dirty). This looks awesome.
WANT! I have an Axe fx 2 and I hope they just model it like they are modeling the Joe Satriani Signature Marshall.
Quote by JosephFeagin8
WANT! I have an Axe fx 2 and I hope they just model it like they are modeling the Joe Satriani Signature Marshall.

Doesn't the Axe-FX already model a Mark IIC+?
No thanks, way too expensive for what you get IMO. Why not just find a used IIC+ and be done for less than 1/2 that price.

besides, I never really liked the IIC+ very much. I don't know if I'm the only one
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Robbgnarly
No thanks, way too expensive for what you get IMO. Why not just find a used IIC+ and be done for less than 1/2 that price.

besides, I never really liked the IIC+ very much. I don't know if I'm the only one

I've never seen a 2C+ for under $2500. I mean I'm sure you can find good deals but they command a pretty high price. Hell, I've seen them go for more than this amp would new. I agree with you, this thing is still too damn expensive, but I feel that way about most of Mesas products.
Quote by dementiacaptain
I've never seen a 2C+ for under $2500. I mean I'm sure you can find good deals but they command a pretty high price. Hell, I've seen them go for more than this amp would new. I agree with you, this thing is still too damn expensive, but I feel that way about most of Mesas products.

If it can do the IIC/IIC+ well, it'll probably be worth it, specially with used pricing.
Quote by Ippon
If it can do the IIC/IIC+ well, it'll probably be worth it, specially with used pricing.

the only vintage IIC+ on ebay right now has a BIN price of 3500.00 ...... and does not have the "make a offer " option either ...... if Mesa is over priced new they sure seem to hold the value well used ........
damn I didn't realize they were going for that these days. well I guess it might be a good choice if you really wanted that tone.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Wow. Interesting. A modern IIC+? Count me in!

Not sure I'd need that second GEQ, but if it actually sounds like the original, that's justification enough for the price.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by TheStig1214

Sorry, I never got the JP hype. He's a fantastic guitarist, but he's a close second to EVH on whoring his name out on signature gear.

It's not whoring yourself out when your gear is great and you actually use it. Musicman guitars are top quality and Mesa Boogie is also a top quality amp - he records and uses the gear on his touring and in records, so how is any of this an issue?

An example of whoring yourself out was Dave Mustaine's Zoom Fx Pedal - there's no way he's ever used it live or on a record - if anything, his whole career he's used top quality tube amps or Axe Fx, which are premium products.

The distortion pedals used by Satriani and Vai were cash grabs as well, though at least they show up on their pedalboards, or did for a while.
All Petrucci ever use amp-wise were Mesa Boogies so he deserve his own model now.
Quote by Fumble fingers
^^^^ no doubt , if they use it , it's not whoring ^^^^

They probably wouldn't be using it if they weren't endorsed. Petrucci would probably be playing a Mark IIC+ if Mesa didn't make him play amps that were currently in production. In the end, they made him a Mark IIC+ so it worked out. But hey, there's nothing wrong with getting paid to use certain gear. If someone wants to pay you to use something, why not? Getting paid is the difference between a professional and an amateur.
If I had the money I would buy one of these in a heartbeat, but I am a huge JP fanboy, I would also buy one oh his old BFR JP guitars (not too keen on the Majesty).

I think I might sell my girlfriend.
My Gear:
Ibanez Jet King 2
Ibanez RGDIX7 MPB
Ibanez GRG 7221
OLP John Petrucci
Epiphone Les Paul Custom Pro
Squier Stratocaster (modified)
Harley Benton CLD-41S (Acoustic)

Peavey Vypyr 30.

Boss CH-1 Super Chorus
Boss DD-3 Digital Delay
Boss FRV-1 '63 Fender Reverb
One of the things I like about it is the relatively few knobs per channel and the fact that it appears to be a small head. That is cool. Getting a small cab that you could lug around to go with it might make if more portable than its siblings.

Maybe the final counterpart I have been looking for that could take its place next to my venerable Tremoverb fitted with EL-34s. This one could give me that tight 6l6 mark tone I lack. Very cool indeed. Perhaps a second mortgage would do it......
Not the biggest Dream Theater fan but I think Petrucci shreds. Looking at this amp gives me a whole new respect for this man. Dual graphics solves the problem of trading off setting up the clean/ crunch sound optimally or the classic scooped midrange of the classic Boogie "V" for the high gain stuff. 2 graphic EQs solves this dilemma so elegantly that I have to give John his props for making this happen. I hope this philosophy makes its way to more of the Mark series because I always either had to tweak my amps between clean songs and heavy ones, now all you have to do is set it and forget it(or buy the graphic EQ stomp box).