New track from my experimental electronica project. What do you guys think? Post your track too, and i´ll check it out! ;-)
https://soundcloud.com/catnip-cloud/our-fears-are-dancing-between
Last edited by Usernames sucks at Jan 17, 2016,
I'll give you feedback, but a link would make things a lot easier
Quote by Jet Penguin
Theory: Not rules, just tools.

Quote by Hail
*note that by fan i mean that guy who wants his friends to know he knows this totally obscure hip band that only he knows about with 236 views on youtube. lookin' at Kev here
I see no problem with the guitars to be honest, the intro sequence sounds chill. The "drop" (I honestly don't know much about electronic music so I'm sorry if I say anything stupid) at 1:15 leads into a very catchy melody, and I like the sound you've chosen for it. Part after that has nice funk guitar part, that's a bit more in my realm so I enjoyed it. The ending of the song was good, I like how it faded into the acoustic guitar just before the end. I do think the song cut off very abruptly at the end, and I'm not sure why. I know next to nothing about electronic music so I don't really know how to criticize the production or anything else in the track for that matter, I could hear everything clearly and I think it was a nice, chill song
Quote by Jet Penguin
Theory: Not rules, just tools.

Quote by Hail
*note that by fan i mean that guy who wants his friends to know he knows this totally obscure hip band that only he knows about with 236 views on youtube. lookin' at Kev here
nice production and nice atmosphere in the intro. i like the high synth dancing around at 0:40 and throughout that section. the guitar bouncing back and forth between the two notes is a little stiff and i feel like stiffness is the only thing holding back the next section at 1:20 too. Once the tom fill happens and the funk guitar comes in it really starts to get groovy. You tie the ending back in with the beginning well. This song is build around sounds that create a cohesive sentimental vibe to me and they all work together to achieve that. I'd say the only exception is the lead synth that enters during the 1:20 section. It might just be too high in the mix where the rest of the song, everything is kind of blending together in a surreal way but the way this jumps out is a little jarring. The tone of it seems out of place, but for the sake of a dynamic composition, there definitely is an argument for having a lead jumping out at that point in the song. Just my 2 cents on that.

Here's a link to my music, looking forward to seeing your thoughts on it!
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1694526