was listening to heavy psych rock last night.
was doing some yoga.
started singing.
really meditated on thee... uh...physiology? bio-mechanics? science? of singing/vocal techniques.
concentrating vibrations through skeleton, chest, larynx, teeth, nose, etc.
started thinking about "chakras" and HIPPIE MUMBO JUMBO.

i.e. how music was used in previous cultures, how music is used for healing, how music can be scientifically proven to have certain effects on our bodies and minds. At cellular levels, or like, uh, chemical levels you know like different chemical pathways and what not. i read something about the pituitary gland being stimulated or something?

anyway, curious. I feel like there's something to it that i kind of get but am not quite getting and need to do some more digging.

did a quick google search.

not sure how this is relevant but still kind of fascinating to me.

" The science of cymatics most visually demonstrates the way that sound shapes matter. Cymatics is the study of wave phenomena, and was "discovered" by German scientist Dr. Hans Jenny in the 1930's. His experiments showed that fine powders, sand and iron filings, when placed on a flat metal plaque and vibrated with soundwaves, arranged themselves into intricate patterns. The various substances concentrated themselves in the troughs of the soundwaves, thus highlighting the areas where the sound was most dense. These wonderful patterns, also known as Chalynadi figures, are often, in the case of harmonious sounds, geometrically symmetrical mandalas. In some cases they are not symmetrical, yet are nevertheless fascinating to behold"

(http://www.globalsoundhealing.net/en/content/healing-power-sound-and-overtone-chant)

just did a quick scan of that page.
not sure if legit, would prefer better sources.
got any? (would save time and troulble of digging thru not as qualified sources)

wondering if any of ya UGer Pit Dwellers have done any digging around this general subject, what you found, how you found it, any other resources you might supplement that would save me having to filter thru dense/irrelevant/unauthenticé BORING source material, like, any thing that would help me "cut to the chase" more or less.

also if you could share any experiences you've had or heard about that are similar that would be great for my curiosity is slightly like some kind of bird cocking its head and looking at you strange & strong enough to make one desire to know more about this

p.s. please rate my use of smilies out of mechanized degree of cyborg bears and their psychic powers
but if we could the vibration that would be cool too. maybe we got something here

Oh, that's supposed to be "see the vibrations"
Last edited by mattedbird at Jan 17, 2016,
Quote by mattedbird
but if we could the vibration that would be cool too. maybe we got something here

ive been trying to the vibration for years and it aint happenin

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
uboga gmajna, le vpup, le vkup,
le vkup, le vkup z menoj,
staro pravdo v mrak tulimo,
da se pretulimo skozi to zimo
Its bunk psuedo-science m8.

Actual relevant and legitimate areas of science:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychoacoustics

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cognitive_neuroscience_of_music

I did an article related to cymatics on the 'mystical' (but not really) frequency of 432hz for standard A, my conclusion being that it's an artistic preference and that any actual science behind it doesn't seem to exist outside of mooks with tuning forks trying to sell you their magical soundwave formulas.
o()o

Quote by JamSessionFreak
yes every night of my entire life i go to bed crying because i wasnt born american