Just had hand operation on fretting hand ... typing one handed feels really awkward ... service resumed in a few weeks! Couple of months before playing guitar again. Here comes some rhythm theory for me (metric moudlation and displacements) ... can still tap my feet and one hand :-)
Take it easy amigo. Have a speedy recovery, work on some polyrhythms or something. Play drums?

And compose
"There are two styles of music. Good music and bad music." -Duke Ellington

"If you really think about it, the guitar is a pointless instrument." - Robert Fripp
Learn to play with your feet.
Quote by Jet Penguin
Theory: Not rules, just tools.

Quote by Hail
*note that by fan i mean that guy who wants his friends to know he knows this totally obscure hip band that only he knows about with 236 views on youtube. lookin' at Kev here
I was out of playing guitar regularly for about 8 months, finally resuming last May. I tried to keep up with using a keyboard to compose and play, doing ear exercises, right hand finger exercises... depending on the nature of your injury/operation, playing slide may still be possible. There's stuff you can do, though it can be hard to stay motivated.

Take it easy, make sure you get healed up so you don't cause further injuries.
http://www.gizmotron.com/

get one of these and play lefty
Quote by Kevätuhri
Hail isn't too edgy for posts, posts are not edgy enough for Hail.

Quote by UseYourThumb
You win. I'm done here.
good luck with the recovery
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by jerrykramskoy

Going lefty seems impossible ... have tried this at times.

maybe not in your current state, but you really should learn lefty at some point. just enough to do basic chord shapes and scales. you have no idea how much it'll help your 8-finger tapping game
Quote by Kevätuhri
Hail isn't too edgy for posts, posts are not edgy enough for Hail.

Quote by UseYourThumb
You win. I'm done here.