Hey UG! I'm looking for a good metal amp/cab for bedroom playing. My budget is $500-$1000. I play mainly metalcore, nu-metal (slipknotish) and so on. What would you suggest would be a suitable bedroom amp that will not blow the walls?
Dunno about specifics as they aren't my genres, but I don't like loud, so I have gone clean plus stomps rather than try and find amp-derived sounds. As an example, I'm running a Sansamp Character British as the preamp into the Fx loop of my H&K. - So a wide range of decent Marshall type sounds at low volume.

The new amps with built-in digital multiFX might be very good, but I'm not keen on the idea of having all those parts in one box - too much to go wrong.
What don't you like about your Orange?
Guitars:
PRS Custom 24
Gibson Les Paul 60's Tribute
85' MIJ Strat
97' Snakepit Les Paul
LP Traditional 1960 Zebra
MIJ Tele
MIA Strat

Amps:
Silver Jubilee 2525
Peavey Ultra 112
Jet City JCA50H
66' Bassman
Pink Paisley Princeton RV
74' Vibro Champ
Quote by red.guitar
What don't you like about your Orange?

I really dig it! The only problem is that I use it for band rehersal so it's always on our band venue. I need something to work at home, but the Line 6 doesn't really cut it.
Sell the Line 6 and grab a Peavey Vyper. Decent metal tones from a modeler and no stomps necessary. You'll be way under budget, too.
Harmony: Stratocaster
Alvarez: F-200
Schecter: Omen 6
Fender: BXR-60
Dean: Metalman Z Bass (Betty)
Egnator: Tweaker 15
Pearl: Maximum
ESP/LTD: EXP-300
Custom: Harley Quinn Bass
Custom: TK-421 Explorer
A steadily growing supply of pedals
Yeah, a Peavey Vypyr VIP should be more than sufficient for bedroom playing. But if you want a tube amp, I'd go with mini head, like a Peavey 6505 MH
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Vypyr Tube 60 if you can find one.

Or move the #4 Terror setup to home and get yourself a proper used Rockerverb.

+1

If you like the orange tone, you should be able to find a used RV at the top of your budget.
Guitars:
PRS Custom 24
Gibson Les Paul 60's Tribute
85' MIJ Strat
97' Snakepit Les Paul
LP Traditional 1960 Zebra
MIJ Tele
MIA Strat

Amps:
Silver Jubilee 2525
Peavey Ultra 112
Jet City JCA50H
66' Bassman
Pink Paisley Princeton RV
74' Vibro Champ
Isn't the Terror less than 15lbs and doesn't it come with a gig bag? Why not just get a cabinet for home and carry the head to and fro rehearsal.
Quote by JELIFISH19
Isn't the Terror less than 15lbs and doesn't it come with a gig bag? Why not just get a cabinet for home and carry the head to and fro rehearsal.

Very true and with the money that you have you could buy a mighty fine cab.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Orange Tiny Terror is what I use but you'll need an overdrive for some of the higher gain sounds, although I think the Dark Terror probably covers that, so maybe get that one if you don't want to stick overdrive in front.
It may be that "amp" is not what you're looking for, if the venue is a bedroom. You'll always be running an amp at way lower than optimal values, and simply getting a low-power amp isn't going to help anything. My suggestion would be a really good set of headphones and any kind of preamp that will get you the sounds you like.
I like the snott watt suggestion. I can't find one to play yet but it has the right specs on paper and it sounds great on YouTube.
I'll throw out there that you could pick up a Vox amplug and a great set of headphones. Not the same feel as moving some air with a real amp but they sound surprisingly good for how small and simple to use they are.

I know you said amp/cab but if you're open to combos you could grab a used XXX or 5150 combo, or for that matter a new 6505 combo. With an OD out front they sound great at low volumes, and you would have room in your budget to get a maxon OD or something.
Die troll

Dean VMNTX (EMG set)
Peavey 6505+ 112
+ a buncha teh pedlulz