Does anyone here use the POD and CAB combo? I know the CAB is a pedal sort of thing but I was wondering how you plug it in. Is there any latency? Do I need an awesome computer? Thanks
Are you talking about using these for recording? And do you have them in hand right now?
You don't need an "Awesome computer" to use the Pod and the C.A.B. together. In fact, you don't really need the Pod HD ProX, unless there's some other reason you want the rack version. The "bean" or HD500X versions will work equally as well. In fact, it's possible to run the C.A.B. via MIDI commands from the Pod's user presets.

I've programmed the Pod using an iMac because the editing software's not bad, but you can program everything using the Pod and C.A.B. themselves if you need to. It's only when you need to ADD software (new model packs for the Pod, new IRs for the C.A.B., etc.) that you want a computer around.

And if you're recording, latency isn't an issue (unless it arises from having the wrong drivers for your recording software, etc.) with the two pieces themselves.
I should've been more specific. I'm not being a smart ass either lol. I use the pod for recording. I don't use it live or anything. The signal goes straight to my computer and I have my KRKs in the back of my POD.

I got the Pod Pro X for the same price as the 500x cause there was an open box thing so that's why I got it. Kinda sucks that I don't have a foot pedal but oh well.

The amps sound great but the cabs aren't as amazing as I had hoped. The 2 cabs I like have something that I like about it and something I hate. So instead of having to blend 2 amps/cabs to just get a decent tone I was thinking that if I ever saw the Torpedo Used I could grab that and do wonders to my tone.
Quote by Sir Stoney
So instead of having to blend 2 amps/cabs to just get a decent tone I was thinking that if I ever saw the Torpedo Used I could grab that and do wonders to my tone.

Congrats on getting the rackmount at a great price.

The FBV Shortboard II is widely available used for under $100. Just check the switches and make sure that they all work and try to get the VDI cable with it (if the seller has one). Another footboard that actually works very well is the FBV Express II. It's smaller and cheaper than the Shortboard, but it's got a tuner display, an expression pedal four switches for bank (or is it "channel," I forget) switching, a tuner mute, the ability to switch between volume and wah for the expression pedal and tap tempo. Honestly, I've done whole live sets with those and never missed the extra switches on the Shortboard (until I had a shortboard, of course). They run $50 and under, used.

The C.A.B., in my estimation, adds to the Pod what the Pod lacks. It gives you great cab simulations (and you can buy more if you need them) using a pretty sophisticated set of IR controls. The OTHER thing that it provides is a set of tube *power* amp simulations (EL-34, 6L6, KT88, EL84, etc.), and this can make a nice difference as well. The combination actually rivals the more expensive spread (F*a*t*l *x* F*, K*m*e*, etc. ).
It's actually more expensive than the HD500X, but very good stuff.

Check this out, if you can get past the sub-par guitar work:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Mn9116AxiE