Poll: question
Poll Options
View poll results: question
i tend to be the avoider
6 26%
i tend to be the douchewall
8 35%
both of us work together to achieve identified and agreed individual and strategic goals
9 39%
Voters: 23.
It's happened to everyone. You're walking down a hallway minding your own business when SUDDENLY your way is blocked by some fruit walking in the opposite direction of you

Obviously one of you has to get out of the way of the other, otherwise you'll smack right into each other in a hilarious display of carelessness

My question is how does this annoyingly common situation unfold for you?

Are you the avoider, who ducks and dips past annoying pedestrians in a stylish fashion

Or are you the immovable wall of steel who demands the entire hallway to him/herself in a douchelike manner

Or do both of you idk work together to avoid imminent collision

It is kinda weird, I'm mostly the one doing the avoiding but I hadn't even noticed until yesterday. Today I tried acting as the douchewall and ran into 3 people. How do you guys do it

does this have to do with masculinity? do the more manly of men and women act as walls while us betas swerve around them in fear? i bet this could be traced back to the stone ages where cavemen did the same thing except in caves and not in college hallways

this post probably makes no sense, I havent had my morning coffee yet so shut up and just vote
ggg1 ggg3

People get out of my way. it's why I carry a sword in the first place.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
It's just is matter of space, but we've collectively agreed to turn it into a form of commentary on how determined you are. Just let people pass. And if you're on your phone, look up every once in a while for fuck's sake.
I'd love if everyone slightly adjusted their path to avoid collision but that's not the world we live in.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
I usually swerve stylishly but if a collision is imminent I stand still and wait for them to get out of the way. I really am not a fan of that side-step dance
cat
The vast majority of the time I avoid but every now and then I see a right cunt walking by, I can just see it on his stupid face that he just isn't gonna move because he's an egocentric piece of shit. In that case I just brace for impact and let nature take its course.

I always move for women but honestly some of them would deserve the same treatment.

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
uboga gmajna, le vpup, le vkup,
le vkup, le vkup z menoj,
staro pravdo v mrak tulimo,
da se pretulimo skozi to zimo
I smile and nod, say "excuse me" or "sorry" and we do a mutual swerve around each other, typically

I don't avoid but I don't douchewall
Quote by DonGlover

You look like a young Eugene Levy, but with a moustache.

Quote by slapsymcdougal
Quote by Dreadnought
Kicking a man when he's down, I'm proud of you

When they're down is the safest time.

Soundcloud
Sharks Stanley Cup 15-16
Sharks Stanley Cup 16-17,,,,?
Quote by skylerjames13 at #33784531
I smile and nod, say "excuse me" or "sorry" and we do a mutual swerve around each other, typically

I don't avoid but I don't douchewall
good man
ggg1 ggg3

i used to be a hardcore avoider. but then i started thinking this probably psychologically stems from a lack of respect for myself. just like long hair in face usually means insecure (that was true too while i was in high school ) this is more so on sidewalks but i used to like step completely off the sidewalk if a couple people were walking side by side. i still move now i just won't completely get out of the way. just to the side of the sidewalk. if they wanna brush my shoulder then COME AT ME but usually people reciprocate slightly moving an inch or three to the side go figure

EDIT

Lemme tl;dr this into some advice. Don't be a bitch and completely avoid and be all passive. don't be a selfish douche either. just shoulder check the fuck out of everyone that you pass narrowly to assert dominance

Last edited by SaintsofNowhere at Jan 18, 2016,
I stand in the middle of the hallway and then give the other person a little kiss.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
If they aren't paying attention, I pause about a step away to give them time to notice and move around. If they walk directly into me, I shoot them a dirty look, maybe mutter "cunt" under my breath, and then motion for them to pass by as if they're a fucking child who can't pay attention to what's in front of them.
It depends on user input from the receiving end, prejudgement, and assumption.

If the guy is busy and not perspicacious , I will wrap around. If he's 'looking for it', I'll make a quick assessment and 'half-move' the shoulder. If response is not according, or there are other factors in play (rudeness/'squad backing'/size calcs/ego-pride/etc), the guy gets a rigid shoulder, which in effect causes a turn-around what-if scenario of: "oh okay", or "lets go bro".
Havent thought about this issue too intensely but I really dont Like having to stop and wait for people. I tend to try and squeeze my way past a large group and if its just one person who wont move ill probably Shoulder check them as I walk past while pre-emptively muttering sorry.
Quote by Mr E Meat
this is your brain

this is your brain on RT

Quote by Standard_A440
Given that you reside in the shade of the natural light of reason, I will defer doing your homework to you.
Quote by Gatecrasher53
Havent thought about this issue too intensely but I really dont Like having to stop and wait for people. I tend to try and squeeze my way past a large group and if its just one person who wont move ill probably Shoulder check them as I walk past while pre-emptively muttering sorry.

"Gatecrasher53"
Quote by Fat Lard
It depends on user input from the receiving end, prejudgement, and assumption.

If the guy is busy and not perspicacious , I will wrap around

"Fat Lard"
Quote by Mr E Meat
this is your brain

this is your brain on RT

Quote by Standard_A440
Given that you reside in the shade of the natural light of reason, I will defer doing your homework to you.
Move to my right and hope they know to do the same because this is America and we walk on the right.
EDIT:

Real answer, since people are giving those.

I generally do the half-avoid thing, as it's usually reciprocated. If it's an actual douchewaller, I'll put my hand on his shoulder; like, I clap it down like a coach would a player, and go, "Oh, excuse me, friend."

99% of the time it turns the confrontation into a bro moment. The other 1% they turn into ashes.
Last edited by JustRooster at Jan 18, 2016,
I'm actually pretty bad at squeezing past people since my shoulders are pretty broad and pointy compared to the rest of me so I always underestimate how much space I need
cat