how you thought pedals worked is wrong (x-post from GG&A cuz old thread got locked)

Erm.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
The best tone for worship music is to not play worship music because it's stupid.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
I have never heard a Matchless sound so shit in my life.

That's impressive.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I have never heard a Matchless sound so shit in my life.
That's impressive.

Getting a Matchless to sound like a Spider or Marshall MG requires deep hidden talent.
Quote by Cajundaddy

Getting a Matchless to sound like a Spider or Marshall MG requires deep hidden talent.

Heck, if that's what he makes a Matchless Clubman 35 sound like, I don't think I ever want to hear him near an MG or a Spider.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
what is an x-post
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
Worship music is gay
Quote by suckmahnuts
Watterboy, I love you.

Quote by davrossss
You are now my favourite person on UG.....You write cool shit.

Quote by wannabestoner69

Quote by Deliriumbassist
I finished watching the video about 4 minutes ago. Still awaiting the punchline.
for those who did not catch it the guy in the video gave some very incorrect and misleading information on pedals

for instance

"overdrives heighten the frequency of your signal"
"worship music is all about the transparent overdrives. non-transparent overdrives will just wrap your tone in distortion."
"reverb essentially takes a mono signal and widens it to a stereo feel"

or something like that
Jesus christ how long does this guy talk about the term transparent overdrive

Transparent things are see-through and don't color the image behind them

Transparent overdrives just add clipping and don't add a huge mid boost like a tubescreamer or other pedals

How long does he talk about something that self-explanatory
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 73-78
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 2-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 24-7
Quote by Will Lane
for those who did not catch it the guy in the video gave some very incorrect and misleading information on pedals

for instance

"worship music is all about the transparent overdrives. non-transparent overdrives will just wrap your tone in distortion."

or something like that

I missed all his words. I was too busy dry-heaving over the nasty MG tone coming from that marvelous tube amp.

Pick 100 youtube gear demo vids and 98 are just really awful. Zero production values, clipped audio completely in the red, rank novice players fumbling on the fretboard, cords dangling distractingly in front of the guitar, bumbling dialog, and chalk-board quality guitar tone. Aaaak! Edit your stuff before you post it people! Sometimes you might need more than one take.

#freemeansnofilters
Last edited by Cajundaddy at Jan 19, 2016,
Quote by Will Lane

for instance

or something like that

I get all that. I was just hoping there was an end to the joke. Nobody could be this dim about effects.
Quote by Deliriumbassist
I get all that. I was just hoping there was an end to the joke. Nobody could be this dim about effects.
oh. nah it is less of a joke and more of a cringe kind of thing.

i mean i get where the guy is coming from i used to be a dope with that kind of thing and just kind of said things and i still am sometimes but all my really dopey gear demos i deleted.

also i just caught his explanation of the morning glory (which he is actually using the double-barrel but whatev) saying it is a "JTM 45" sound, which is right because the morning glory is ~blues-breaker based which according to wiki is JTM 45 based. so he got that right i guess.
Last edited by Will Lane at Jan 20, 2016,
That's you in the video, isn't it?
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Lately, I've just been running clean through my old Marshall plexi, with a delay setup to a slap back effect. Gives a nice old school sound.
I'll occasionally throw on MXR Slash Custom fuzz/octave, as well
Seattle Seahawks

Quote by chookiecookie
i feel like you have an obsession with aubrey plaza.

Quote by WCPhils
at least we can all agree SGstriker is the woooooooooooooooooooooorst