so 2 days ago while playing hockey with friend i fell really hard on the ice and broke my right humerus, which is my strumming hand, so no more guitar right now... right now im in search of thing to do for the next 6-8 weeks and i tough about practicing my fretting hand even if i cant pick string ATM

im quite a beginner so i got a lot of point to improve, one thing i tough about is practicing chord shape. i have no other idea of what i can improve with only my left arm available so maybe you guys can give me some idea.
How about working on some more aural aspects of music? You could train your ear a bit, you could listen to a song and try to hum or sing the melody by ear, it could greatly benefit you in the future. Ear training is what I'd definitely recommend. Another often overlooked thing is rhythm, you can still work on rhythm by simply tapping some rhythms to a metronome click. And you could just read up some basic theory.

If you're a beginner, I actually think that chord shapes might be a good idea as well. You can try to familiarize yourself with different shapes and positions, it could make it easier to practice them when you can strum again. Another technical aspect you can work on with your fretting hand only - legato. You can try to make clean taps, hammer-ons and pull-offs with your left hand.

Or you can just listen to a lot of music. That's great practice in it's own right
Quote by Jet Penguin
Theory: Not rules, just tools.

Quote by Hail
*note that by fan i mean that guy who wants his friends to know he knows this totally obscure hip band that only he knows about with 236 views on youtube. lookin' at Kev here
Probably a stupid idea, but I'll toss it out there. When I was in High School I took a typing class (80 words per minute!). Learning the keyboard was a rote process. When I was bored somewhere I'd "type" everything I heard anybody say, in my mind, while going through the motions with my fingertips. Maybe think about the different chords, how they are fingered..and if you can move the fingers into "the shape" for the chords, so much better.
Try this
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=oDjUJQhw2Kk

This will really help your playing. No pain no gain
And you could also practice your vibrato.
🍗🎹🎶🎼🎧🎤🎮👾🎸🎨🎷⚽️🎱🏁🎺🎻🍮🍰🍪📱👻🐔🐣🐥🐤🐽🐷💀👽💩💸🚽👻
Last edited by Guitar137335 at Jan 19, 2016,
Quote by Guitar137335
And you could also practice your vibrato.

Why didn't I think of this? It's a great idea.
Quote by Jet Penguin
Theory: Not rules, just tools.

Quote by Hail
*note that by fan i mean that guy who wants his friends to know he knows this totally obscure hip band that only he knows about with 236 views on youtube. lookin' at Kev here
Quote by Kevätuhri
Why didn't I think of this? It's a great idea.

Yeah not many teachers show it. Basic put the metronome on say 80 then in quarter notes bend the string lightly (AKA vibrato) then eight notes, triplets etc..it really just improve it.
🍗🎹🎶🎼🎧🎤🎮👾🎸🎨🎷⚽️🎱🏁🎺🎻🍮🍰🍪📱👻🐔🐣🐥🐤🐽🐷💀👽💩💸🚽👻
Thanks for the input guys, that give me thing to work. Should make me quite a practice shedule for the next weeks to come.
I can't use fretting hand for several weeks (hand operation) so I'm doing rhythm studies (not strumming, but phrasing, shifting phrases, odd note groupings ... all just visualising as I can't physically do it), and ear training. If you theory is weak, look into that. If you guitar navigation is weak, try that (e.g octave patterns).