so i wanted a single coil but have a hb guitar so i bought this humbucker to single coil adapter ring. Turns out the holes dont align. So the question is, does anyone know the measurements? should i make four completely new holes? or align 2 and then make the new 2 on the other side? IF that, do i align the top two, or the bottom two,

http://imgur.com/a/O4map
You'll need to fit the pickup and run a high e and low e string through to check the alignment of the pole pieces on the pickup. Once you've got the pickup in the right place, then you'll know which holes you can use, and which you'll have to fill and re-drill.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
Quote by slapsymcdougal
You'll need to fit the pickup and run a high e and low e string through to check the alignment of the pole pieces on the pickup. Once you've got the pickup in the right place, then you'll know which holes you can use, and which you'll have to fill and re-drill.

okay, how do i check the alignment? should both strings be directly in the middle of the pole pieces? or what do i look for?
Quote by GuitarNewbee
okay, how do i check the alignment? should both strings be directly in the middle of the pole pieces? or what do i look for?

Basically this .

It's possible that this might sound OK, but the look is pretty jarring, so it's worth the extra effort(IMO) to make sure it's aligned.
Quote by Diemon Dave
to my understanding there is flat mounting rings and arched. I was looking into seymour duncan liberators and there was two different kind of mounting rings with this circuitboard on it to do all the cool effects, besides that no extra accentuation.

with really cheap mounting rings on ebay the only ones I'd ever have any issues with were the neck ones, sometimes i'd use two bridge pickup mounting rings which sounds bad but if its a 50$-100$ beginner guitar it's not getting the love or attention of a 1000$ guitar.

but lets see what everyone else says,
Quote by Tallwood13
to my understanding there is flat mounting rings and arched. I was looking into seymour duncan liberators and there was two different kind of mounting rings with this circuitboard on it to do all the cool effects, besides that no extra accentuation.

with really cheap mounting rings on ebay the only ones I'd ever have any issues with were the neck ones, sometimes i'd use two bridge pickup mounting rings which sounds bad but if its a 50$-100$ beginner guitar it's not getting the love or attention of a 1000$ guitar.

but lets see what everyone else says,

I'd forgotten about that...

OP, does your guitar have a flat or a carved top?
Quote by Diemon Dave
I would drill new holes in the adapters and not your guitar. If you ever decide to sell your guitar later on then extra holes in the guitar body will devalue the instrument while extra holes in the aftermarket mounting rings won't hurt anything. In the short term it may not look as nice but in the long term...
Not taking any online orders.