Hello, i bought a ibanez tube screamer mini and it arrived today but there,s one problem, it won,t turn on.
From what i,ve read online it will work with any standard plug that fits it but i,ve got about 7 at my house and it won,t work with any of them.
When i plug it in and press it nothing happens, the light doesnt even come on
Have you tried a battery? You had the 2 guitar cables plugged in also?
Guitars:
PRS Custom 24
Gibson Les Paul 60's Tribute
85' MIJ Strat
97' Snakepit Les Paul
LP Traditional 1960 Zebra
MIJ Tele
MIA Strat

Amps:
Silver Jubilee 2525
Peavey Ultra 112
Jet City JCA50H
66' Bassman
Pink Paisley Princeton RV
74' Vibro Champ
It wont work with any standard plug that fits it. You usually need the adapter specified in the manual.
Oftentimes you need to have a cable plugged into the input for the unit to turn on.
..I was watching my death.
Don't tell me you just started plugging in power supplies. You might have bricked it if you did that. It is absolutely not a good idea to just plug in any supply that fits.
Yeah i tried it with the input and output cables plugged in as well. From what i heard it should work with any 9v adapter, guess not though :/ i,ll just have to buy a proper ibanez adapter i guess.
Cheers
Did you check that you were actually using a 9V adapter? Those barrel plugs are generic and they'll put them on supplies with all sorts of voltages. Plus there's the center positive/center negative thing to worry about.

9V center negative supply is what you need. Any one with those two specs ought to work, but it's really important that you get those two.
Oh crap. The plugs i was using were 9v but i didnt know about the centre negative thing, i looked up the symbols and mine are positive. Could i have damaged it by doing that?
Quote by Roc8995
Don't tell me you just started plugging in power supplies. You might have bricked it if you did that. It is absolutely not a good idea to just plug in any supply that fits.

Quote by Roc8995
Did you check that you were actually using a 9V adapter? Those barrel plugs are generic and they'll put them on supplies with all sorts of voltages. Plus there's the center positive/center negative thing to worry about.

9V center negative supply is what you need. Any one with those two specs ought to work, but it's really important that you get those two.

Quote by mattyy97
Oh crap. The plugs i was using were 9v but i didnt know about the centre negative thing, i looked up the symbols and mine are positive. Could i have damaged it by doing that?
Sometimes mistakes have to cost you $79 USD to make sure you never do them again...

A friend of mine did something of the same thing a long while back. Except he used a 9VAC adapter with a 9VDC pedal, and then used another 9VDC supply I had with something else that did not like that. With the first adpater, his poor boutique overdrive busted, the caps/resistors actually popped. He gave me another 9VDC PSU and paid for another 9VAC adapter...
Quote by CodeMonk
Read the link about powering pedals in my sig (the section right below this)
Do we think we should sticky that article?
Last edited by Will Lane at Jan 20, 2016,
^ i think it's already linked to in the overall info sticky.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?