Page 1 of 2
Hello all — my pal is conducting a simple sports poll of you ranking the five major North American sports from 1 to 5 in order of how much you enjoy them. So far he's approaching 1,000 responses and we'd love to get a very wide sample size, so if you've got 30 seconds...

TAKE THE POLL!

Thanks, yo.
I don't care about sports so I answered the t as the ones I don't care about the least(?) Not sure if that sentence makes sense.
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
Quote by jables23092
That's pretty accurate. I still don't have an answer for calling football soccer.

soccer is a derivative of 'association' (association -> assoc -> soc etc) and it was used when people distinguished association football from rugby football. the term first appeared in british universities (including Oxford) in 1880's

took the poll. don't know what it's for, but good luck :p
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
What is Soccer

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
Quote by EndTheRapture51
What is Soccer

soccer is a derivative of 'association' (association -> assoc -> soc etc) and it was used when people distinguished association football from rugby football. the term first appeared in british universities (including Oxford) in 1880's
it's all coming back

Quote by Baby Joel

fucking

POSHO

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
Quote by Baby Joel

this brings up so many questions

association is not pronounced assockiation

it's pronounced assochiation (spelling it phonetically so to speak)

so association > assoc > soc > soccer

should be called

socher

instead of

socker

so-sher
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Quote by Baby Joel
However, the world governing body for the sport is called the Fédération Internationale de Football Association, and basically sets the standard for corruption that puny American sports can only wish they could emulate.

In fact, some are so depressed, they're going to stand on a step ladder with a noose around their necks and kick away the step ladder because they know they'll always suck at being corrupt compared to a step ladder .
yeah basically trowz

Quote by jables23092
Hello all — my pal is conducting a simple sports poll of you ranking the five major North American sports from 1 to 5 in order of how much you enjoy them. So far he's approaching 1,000 responses and we'd love to get a very wide sample size, so if you've got 30 seconds...

TAKE THE POLL!

Thanks, yo.

Depends, are you going to share the results with us?
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
hey get mad at the british people in oxford who started doing it o.k. it wasn't an american invention o.k.
it's all coming back

i did it but the only sport i like is basketball so i just picked the ones i think are the least shit
baseball came in at #2 bc one of my favorite anime is a baseball anime

so i guess basketball > baseball > hockey > soccer > football

Quote by Arby911 at #33787659
Depends, are you going to share the results with us?

after you do it and submit it, you can see the results so far
Quote by Baby Joel
hey get mad at the british people in oxford who started doing it o.k. it wasn't an american invention o.k.

And then when the US invented a game that was actually fun and popular, they decided to turn it back around to ride the bandwagon and start using football again.

Soccer is proof that it's entirely possible to mass hypnotize millions of people simultaneously into thinking that one of the most boring "sports" on the planet is actually fun to watch...

Curling is more suspenseful than soccer.

Curling.
Charles Darwin
Quote by Arby911
And then when the US invented a game that was actually fun and popular, they decided to turn it back around to ride the bandwagon and start using football again.

Soccer is proof that it's entirely possible to mass hypnotize millions of people simultaneously into thinking that one of the most boring "sports" on the planet is actually fun to watch...

Curling is more suspenseful than soccer.

Curling.

American Football is neither fun nor popular(outside the US).

It requires so much equipment it's a serious posho sport, like ice hockey or polo.
Quote by slapsymcdougal
American Football is neither fun nor popular(outside the US).

It requires so much equipment it's a serious posho sport, like ice hockey or polo.

Yeah, it takes some coin. That's why we have it and you don't...
Charles Darwin
Yeah, love spending 4 hours watching 11 minutes of gameplay

Quote by Trowzaa
Yeah, love spending 4 hours watching 11 minutes of gameplay

Beats watching a random-pattern marathon with a final score of 1-0.

I will say that most Soccer players are better actors than US football players. I've never seen anyone fake injuries better outside of Hollywood...
Charles Darwin
Quote by Arby911

I will say that most Soccer players are better actors than US football players. I've never seen anyone fake injuries better outside of Hollywood...

Reasons why football is better than NFL 1

Quote by Arby911

Here's your problem.

You think that a close match can't be good.
this one's pretty impressive

Quote by EndTheRapture51
Reasons why football is better than NFL 1

You would have a point if something that interesting happened more than once every 3,000 games or so.
Charles Darwin
Oh yay another "hur hur our football is better" discussion :eyeroll:
Eat your pheasant
Drink your wine
Your days are numbered, bourgeois swine!
Did you try watching football and tune into a United game by accident

Quote by Bladez22 at #33787788
Oh yay another "hur hur our football is better" discussion :eyeroll:

Arby's just butthurt that America makes a world series and no one comes to play with them

Quote by slapsymcdougal
Here's your problem.

You think that a close match can't be good.

Please see comments above re:mass hypnosis...
Charles Darwin
Quote by Trowzaa
Arby's just butthurt that America makes a world series and no one comes to play with them

Well, when you're #1, it doesn't really matter who else shows up.

But in your defense, baseball is almost as boring as soccer. Almost.
Charles Darwin
Quote by EndTheRapture51 at #33787789
Did you try watching football and tune into a United game by accident

Quote by Trowzaa at #33787791

I actually watched some nfl on sunday, I actually quite like it. Not as much as real football, but its good
Eat your pheasant
Drink your wine
Quote by Bladez22

I actually watched some nfl on sunday, I actually quite like it. Not as much as real football, but its good

Highlights or GTFO with NFL.
Quote by Bladez22 at #33787809

Yeah, I'm just fucking around for the sake of it. I've watched quite a bit of NFL and it's good to have on in the background, not to sit down and watch cos fucking hell so many adverts.

Quote by slapsymcdougal at #33787812
Highlights or GTFO with NFL.

tbh I don't mind watching it, it was quite nice to sit down for a while and have it on while I shitpost here

Quote by Trowzaa at #33787822
Yeah, I'm just fucking around for the sake of it. I've watched quite a bit of NFL and it's good to have on in the background, not to sit down and watch cos fucking hell so many adverts.

half of the enjoyment was watching how excited everyone got over each little play
Eat your pheasant
Drink your wine
Last edited by Bladez22 at Jan 20, 2016,
Page 1 of 2