So I just put in a fat 50s fender single coil into the bridge of my dual hb ibanez. The new stock pickup is still in. Anyway I realized that besides the ground wire. There was only one wire in the hot wire. Where as my Ibanez stock pickup have 2. Which were connected to two different parts of the switch. I didn't know what to do and couldn't find any schematics for it So I simply soldered it into one of the postions that one of the wires was on. The other I left empty. Now my tone knob is acting like a volume knob. Can anyone help?
besides grounding not being mentioned this is your harness on guitarelectronics.com if you have a 3 way blade as you mentioned H/H

I'm not familiar with fender pickups , but if it's a 2 wire pickup it shouldn't matter much. Googled of course
Neck PU - Black & White
Middle PU - Black & Yellow
Bridge PU - Black & White
black seems like ground , colored is going to your switch

here's your wiring harness, I finished making a better one but photobucket is currently doing maintenance. if you got a 5 way blade though let me know in a private message.
Last edited by Tallwood13 at Jan 20, 2016,
Quote by Tallwood13
besides grounding not being mentioned this is your harness on guitarelectronics.com if you have a 3 way blade as you mentioned H/H

I'm not familiar with fender pickups , but if it's a 2 wire pickup it shouldn't matter much. Googled of course
Neck PU - Black & White
Middle PU - Black & Yellow
Bridge PU - Black & White
black seems like ground , colored is going to your switch

here's your wiring harness, I finished making a better one but photobucket is currently doing maintenance. if you got a 5 way blade though let me know in a private message.
its a 5 way blade but the stock neck pickup has 2 wires besides the ground. And the new one that I put in the bridge only has one besides the ground. I'm not replacing the neck, just the bridge
what brand is the bridge pickup, 3 wires i've seen on certain ibanez like whatever was in my RG350. Think they were INF pickups or V7 / V8 . This hagstrom i worked on the other day had 4 wires coming out including the bare. I put the pickup in an SG as i needed a second black pickup to flip it as no one liked pure black and a classic zebra.

anyways ... two conductor it's an either or thing
regardless power is going in and out

three wires the ibanez forum is a big help. I have a multimeter luckily and have taken pickups apart converting 2 wire to 4 (not fun). But INF and V7/V8 ibanez pickups you'll know in 2 seconds on a google search.

if you got a multimeter remember you can twist wires together that are stripped and test it with 20k in ohms if anyone you know has a multimeter.
Last edited by Tallwood13 at Jan 20, 2016,