Page 1 of 2
Really cool video!
"In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years."-Abraham Lincoln
I dunno, people have been telling me I'm a genius for years
"There are two styles of music. Good music and bad music." -Duke Ellington

"If you really think about it, the guitar is a pointless instrument." - Robert Fripp
Quote by Jet Penguin
I dunno, people have been telling me I'm a genius for years

even matt damon's a genius in boston, don't let it get to your head
Quote by Kevätuhri
Hail isn't too edgy for posts, posts are not edgy enough for Hail.

Quote by UseYourThumb
You win. I'm done here.
Quote by Hail
even matt damon's a genius in boston, don't let it get to your head

Do you need to say anything beyond the fact that they like Brady and the Bruins? I mean that should tell the whole story about Boston's collective intelligence or lack thereof.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
i'd probably play FO4 just to nuke boston tbh
Quote by Kevätuhri

Quote by UseYourThumb
You win. I'm done here.
To put it back onto topic: anyone can think they are smarter than folks put them down for. It depends on whether one simply gives a shit what others think about them that decides it, personally :P
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
Glad to cross paths with you on this adventure called life
Quote by Jet Penguin
lots of flirting with the other key without confirming. JUST LIKE THEIR LOVE IN THE MOVIE OH DAMN.
Quote by Hail
you're acting like you have perfect pitch or something
Quote by jerrykramskoy
This rapidly went off topic. Ah well...

Was the topic about being smarter than people from Boston?
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
this vid?
Quote by Kevätuhri

Quote by UseYourThumb
You win. I'm done here.
Quote by Hail
this vid?

That's like the lamest nuking of boston I've ever seen. But it's better than nothing.

I'm waiting for someone to start the argument on how listening to jazz and classical music make you a smarter person than someone who listens to pop.
Quote by Jet Penguin
Theory: Not rules, just tools.

Quote by Hail
*note that by fan i mean that guy who wants his friends to know he knows this totally obscure hip band that only he knows about with 236 views on youtube. lookin' at Kev here
Quote by jerrykramskoy
Apart from Saintp83 ... did you guys watch the video? Which has nothing to do with Boston etc, has nothing to do with someone trying to be smarter than anyone else, and all to do with how so much of the brain activates playing music.

Did you even watch it? It was definitely about people from Boston.
Quote by Kevätuhri

I'm waiting for someone to start the argument on how listening to jazz and classical music shred metal make you a smarter person than someone who listens to pop.

Actually, its been proven that male born people have a predisposition to liking harsh noise. I'm not saying women can't or don't but they are the biological exception to the rule. My cousin
Quote by Kevätuhri

Quote by UseYourThumb
You win. I'm done here.
Well, seeing that people here don't think guitar is an instrument, it hardly applies to many people here :')

Maybe we should call the site Ultimate-Music-Wannabes...
Quote by Jet Penguin
lots of flirting with the other key without confirming. JUST LIKE THEIR LOVE IN THE MOVIE OH DAMN.
Quote by Hail
Quote by NeoMvsEu
Well, seeing that people here don't think guitar is an instrument, it hardly applies to many people here :')

Maybe we should call the site Ultimate-Music-Wannabes...

Hi Neo... do me a favour ... what are the first few words spoken on that video? That'll confirm one way or the other.
Something about mental fireworks and musicians picking up instruments?

According to MT sentiment, the guitars should have been used as firewood instead :'D
Quote by Jet Penguin
Quote by Hail
Quote by NeoMvsEu
Something about mental fireworks and musicians picking up instruments?

According to MT sentiment, the guitars should have been used as firewood instead :'D

Thank you, Neo. That's the correct site.

Well, unless there are weird and wonderful DNS remappings in parts of the states, then I'm inclined to agree with you. Surprises me though.

So, other folk ... you know who you are ... what the hell does banging on about Boston have the remotest to do with the video?
Quote by jerrykramskoy
So, other folk ... you know who you are ... what the hell does banging on about Boston have the remotest to do with the video?

Well I don't know since I didn't watch it yet, but Kristen said that it's about Boston and I think she's a trustworthy person.
Quote by Jet Penguin

Quote by Hail
*note that by fan i mean that guy who wants his friends to know he knows this totally obscure hip band that only he knows about with 236 views on youtube. lookin' at Kev here
Quote by Kevätuhri
Well I don't know since I didn't watch it yet, but Kristen said that it's about Boston and I think she's a trustworthy person.

No worries ... but take a look ... it really is interesting what these guys have found doing brain scans of musicians.
Quote by Hail
Actually, its been proven that male born people have a predisposition to liking harsh noise. I'm not saying women can't or don't but they are the biological exception to the rule. My cousin

Quote by jerrykramskoy
No worries ... but take a look ... it really is interesting what these guys have found doing brain scans of musicians.

Well, I didn't actually think that it was about Boston... I think I've seen the video before though, I'll watch it again and give you my opinion when I have time.
Quote by Jet Penguin

Quote by Hail
The joke is that I'm from Boston and Kristen is not down with that.

"If you really think about it, the guitar is a pointless instrument." - Robert Fripp
Lit up just like the brain shown in the video, with the fireworks going off due to music. On a side note, that joke...'s pretty good
Quote by Jet Penguin

I'm from London, but worked in Boston for a couple of years. Met the drummer from The Cars at the Rathskellar club ... ego the size of a planet ... told him I'd never heard of the Cars ... he wasn't down with that. True story.
That's hilarious.

My dad used to live across the hall from J. Geils' drummer, saw them all hanging with Ric Ocasek a few times.

I have yet to meet anyone with an Aerosmith story. Plenty of Bosstones and Dropkick sightings though.

Quote by Jet Penguin

Mediocre city with overrated schools and shit sports teams with even shittier fans.
And bigger alcohol intakes than a majority of other states...perhaps a correlation? (I might or might not have made up the "bigger alcohol" thing)
^No that's true. We party hard. Kristen's just jealous.

boston is a city, not a state

however it is a state of matter

fecal matter

--
a boston haiku
beans are supposed to make gas
from your ass not mouth
Quote by Kevätuhri

Quote by UseYourThumb
You win. I'm done here.
Last edited by Hail at Jan 26, 2016,
Quote by Hail
boston is a city, not a state

however it is a state of matter

fecal matter

--
a boston haiku
beans are supposed to make gas
from your ass not mouth

This should be painted in blood on the wall of an art gallery.
Quote by jazz_rock_feel at #33798581
This should be painted in ass' blood on the wall of an art gallery.

ftfy
Quote by Jet Penguin
Quote by Hail
Yes, I realize I poorly worded that with the term "state" only now >.< I meant to say places, but state was the first thing on mind.
Hear the one about Billy Gibbons and Santa's Grotto?

While you're knocking Boston, what about Austin, TX? I was working there, and hotel clerk tells me I got to visit the bridge at sunset, to see the million+ bats. Pitch black eventually, saw about 6 bats frapping around the road.

London's where it's at. Bats, buses, clubs, pubs, pranksters, gangsters ... occasional band that's any good (if you're lucky).
Page 1 of 2