Looking to upgrade my FR equipped guitar to something nicer. Two solid options seem to be the Ibanez prestige and the Schecter Blackjack C-1 FR. I have a fixed bridge Hellraiser and like that guitar very much but I'm looking for something with passive pickups this time.

A Les Paul would have been on my short list but I don't want a studio and a standard is out of my $1000-ish (flexible here if needed) budget.

Genre would be anything from crystal clear cleans to older metal. I play all kinds of stuff.

This is an internet purchase so I can't really try them out first, I can only return them if I don't like them. Good thing G/C has a good return policy.

Thoughts?
I would take a prestige over the Schecter any day as far as quality goes. I may be biased since I own a quad of prestiges.

Would you consider going used?
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Prestige seems like a rather obvious choice.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Prestige seems like a rather obvious choice.

That is the way I am leaning, but I was open to opinions on the Blackjack since I am quite happy with my Hellraiser.
I own a blackjack and a hellraiser (both without FR) and the blackjack feels like a better version of the hellraiser. I would definitely recommend it. In your price range, I would also recommend a LTD MH1000FR Deluxe. I have one and it plays great. It comes with EMGs but you could change the pickups if you really want passive. I have never played an Ibanez Prestige.
Quote by Jeffh40
Genre would be anything from crystal clear cleans to older metal."

This line made me lean towards the Ibanez Prestige personally. I just kinda lean towards the typical Ibanez for Iron Maiden type stuff and the typical Schecter for Modern type stuff.
Quote by Roc8995
Yes, and people still got polio and you had to crank your car up by hand and put whale oil in the lamps every night.

Things are better now.

Quote by dannyalcatraz
Style is in the hands. Taste is in the hands. But tone? Tone is in the gear.
I am an ibanez junkie, but my second choice would have to be a jackson. You can find nice MIJ dk-2 models for $400. However i have found prestiges for <$500, and I got three nice prestiges under $500. I did pay around $700 for my 3550mz.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Quote by trashedlostfdup
I would take a prestige over the Schecter any day as far as quality goes. I may be biased

+1
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Hellraiser Hybrid offers passive pups and they're Duncans compared to Ibanez's own in-house brand of pups in the prestiges.
Gibson LP Classic HP
Schecter LE Hellraiser C-1
Schecter KM-7
Peavey 6505+
Marshall1960a
Line 6 Wireless G50> Boss TU-3> Dunlop Orignal Crybaby> Ibanez TS-9> MXR Smart Gate> Digitech Turbo Flange> MXR Black Label Chorus> MXR Carbon Copy
Quote by Jeffh40
That is the way I am leaning, but I was open to opinions on the Blackjack since I am quite happy with my Hellraiser.

The hellraiser has a significantly fatter neck than the Prestige will have.
Quote by pantallica87
Hellraiser Hybrid offers passive pups and they're Duncans compared to Ibanez's own in-house brand of pups in the prestiges.

Newer Prestiges come with real Dimarzio's. Older ones with dimarzio ibz's required a pickup change
We're just a battery for hire with the guitar fire
Ready and aimed at you
Pick up your balls and load up your cannon
For a twenty one gun salute
For those about to rock, FIRE!
We salute you
Quote by 21GunSalute
Newer Prestiges come with real Dimarzio's. Older ones with dimarzio ibz's required a pickup change

+1. however i (from my rather limited sample), i have liked the older prestiges over the newer ones. yes, the pickups are better, but they are easily swapped. it is easier to swap pickups then mess with quality (overall).

saying that, i still think that the new prestige's are great for the money.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!