I have been looking at several used Ibanez Prestige guitars, and frankly I have no idea what I should be looking at. There are so many models and numbers that I am completely lost. There is a local shop 45 minutes away that has a used RGA121h I found on reverb for $700, but I could probably knock it down a little bit since I've bought a guitar/setups from him before. Really nice guy.

Is that a lower end model? What other ones should I look at? Not for sure buying anything but a good deal would get me thinking!
I should add, comes with the J-Craft case and a Tone Zone bridge and a Fred(?) in the neck. No idea what the Fred is outside of just being a pickup lol.
i have four ibanez prestiges. 1570, 2550, 2570, and a 3550. all are very nice.

if any ibanez prestige comes without a case, don't look at it. cases are issued with every one, i would feel a little suspicious if it didn't have one. that is just me though

i believe that the tone zone and air norton are stock. i have never tried a fred. but i am not familiar with that model.

price isn't bad. but i would try to knock down a few.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by trashedlostfdup
i have four ibanez prestiges. 1570, 2550, 2570, and a 3550. all are very nice.

if any ibanez prestige comes without a case, don't look at it. cases are issued with every one, i would feel a little suspicious if it didn't have one. that is just me though

i believe that the tone zone and air norton are stock. i have never tried a fred. but i am not familiar with that model.

price isn't bad. but i would try to knock down a few.

How does the RGA121h compare to those that you have? Their number system completely messes with me!
IIRC the RGA121H came with V7/V8 pickups were the pups from factory.

Anyways the Fred is nice although it's mids are wah like tone wise.
Damn it! Disable can't use disable to disable Disable's disable because disable's disable has already been disabled by Disable's disable!
^ yeah. the pickups have been swapped. assuming it was done half-competently, that's an improvement.

i really liked the rga121. yeah, it's a lower-end prestige, but that doesn't really make a ton of difference- the big differences in the prestiges is wood choice (often basswood on the cheaper ones, though the 121 is mahogany with a plain maple top; the 321, the higher-end model, had a figured maple top and dimarzio/ibz pickups) and pickups (the cheaper ones have middling ibanez pickups but they're easily swapped).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?