Hello everyone! i just purchased and Ibanez RG350DXZ with the Edge-Zero II Floating Tremolo,now it came with 0.10 D'Addario Nickel Wound Strings, which is ok but i do prefer playing with 11s or Ernie Ball's Skinny Top Heavy Bottom, mainly because i enjoy the extra tension on the thicker strings and i generally change between E Standard and D Standard (mainly for playing Gojira,Ghost and other D standard music) so i took to the guitar shop,and the guy over there said that he found 11s to be way thick for this guitar,he said that it could end up damaging it during the long run, so he recommended a set of 10s. I would like to know if what he said is true about 11s on a Wizard III rosewood neck with a 25.5 Radius, because im OK with 10s however i do prefer 11s
He said that only because he didn't want to set it up for .011s. It is a bit of work change a floating trem guitar to a different gauge of strings, but it won't hurt the guitar. You'll need to adjust the truss rod and adjust the spring tension of the tremolo, otherwise it shouldn't be an issue.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
lolz,what a slacker..............well i guess i will have to do it myself,or take it to another guitar tech, i do know how to setup my guitars,what scared me was the fact that it was brand new,but after reading its manual and looking at the official Floyd Rose website about how to setup new strings it looks really time consuming but nothing impossible to do
Exactly. With time, patience, and a little knowledge it isn't terrible difficult. Check out the stickied threads in this forum that show how to set up a floyd rose (another type of floating trem like the one you have, the name floyd rose has become synonymous with floating tremolos the way kleenex is synonymous with tissue paper).
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not