Ehh...pointy Les Paul copies...NEXT
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
I thought companies had some sort of gentleman agreement not to steal each others shapes and such. Maybe they thought if they changed the headstock no one would notice?? LOL

Shoulda ripped off the explorer that actually would have been cool.
Jackson DK2
1962 Fender Esquire
PEAVEY JSX 212
PEAVEY 6505+ 112
Quote by UFC on VHS
I thought companies had some sort of gentleman agreement not to steal each others shapes and such. Maybe they thought if they changed the headstock no one would notice?? LOL

Shoulda ripped off the explorer that actually would have been cool.

If there is such agreement, the Japanese companies don't seem to know about it. That's being generous of course.

Isn't the Jackson Kelly their version of the Explorer?
Yeah I guess that's true its just a little sharper.

This just feels very cheesy on Jackson's part.
Jackson DK2
1962 Fender Esquire
PEAVEY JSX 212
PEAVEY 6505+ 112
Ibanez did this about 35 years ago, except their copies were a little too exact and they got their butt's sued off. That is why all their copies are now a bit, pointier. It's also why this guitar is pointy.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Why is Jackson making LP copies now in particular and not in the years that came before it? Makes no sense. There's already a heavily saturated market of pointy LP copies. Stupid idea that undermines the core values of the brand.

On the other hand though:

Awesome.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
Those headstocks just look wrong on the les paul wannabes.=/

This however might end up an addition to my family.
Here's hoping that's an ebony fingerboard and an unpainted neck.<3
Quote by Roc8995
Yes, and people still got polio and you had to crank your car up by hand and put whale oil in the lamps every night.

Things are better now.

Quote by dannyalcatraz
Style is in the hands. Taste is in the hands. But tone? Tone is in the gear.
Quote by GraceByDeath

It's in the Pro line, so yeah, ebony and unpainted neck.
Quote by dthmtl3
It's in the Pro line, so yeah, ebony and unpainted neck.

Don't you lie to me...
Quote by GraceByDeath
Don't you lie to me...

You can tell from the pick the headstock isn't painted on the back, and also the fretboard isn't as light colored as rosewood. Plus those are standard Pro line features. So yeah, get that credit card ready.
Quote by GraceByDeath

Would buy if there was a fixed bridge version.
I really wanted to see the Warrior offered in the Pro Series. Guess there's always next year... that gives me time to pay off a little bit of debt until then
Jackson Pro King V
Schecter LE Hellraiser C-1
Schecter Hellraiser V-1
Peavey 6505+
Marshall1960a
Line 6 Wireless G50> Boss TU-3> Dunlop Orignal Crybaby> Ibanez TS-9> MXR Smart Gate> Digitech Turbo Flange> MXR Black Label Chorus> MXR Carbon Copy
Quote by slapsymcdougal
Would buy if there was a fixed bridge version.

You're in luck.

http://jacksonguitars.com/guitars/rhoads/models/pro-rhoads-rrt-3-ebony-fingerboard-ivory-with-black-pinstripes/
Quote by Roc8995
Yes, and people still got polio and you had to crank your car up by hand and put whale oil in the lamps every night.

Things are better now.

Quote by dannyalcatraz
Quote by pantallica87
I really wanted to see the Warrior offered in the Pro Series. Guess there's always next year... that gives me time to pay off a little bit of debt until then

That makes two of us.
Quote by ad_works
yay. fender finally gets to make a les paul.

Charvel Desolation much?
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Quote by Kevin Saale
Ehh...pointy Les Paul copies...NEXT

read my mind.
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
On the other hand though:

Awesome.

that is nice.
Quote by ad_works
yay. fender finally gets to make a les paul.

it's an insult to les pauls.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Last edited by gregs1020 at Jan 21, 2016,
Well, I guess I'm selling my RRXMG now
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
I don't care for the LP clones, but just about everything else in the pro series has me excited.
I'd love the maple board soloist to go with my collection of DK2Ms!

Really are overdue for a new pro Kelly and Warrior though.
Last edited by Confuse-a-Cat at Jan 21, 2016,
hate the LP style. not what i think of when i think Jackson. seems like at this point these gfuys need to concentrate on core models and if the urge to do something diffeernt comes up then make sure it's actually different. the world just doesn't need another singlecut let alone one that looks like that.
Quote by Confuse-a-Cat
I don't care for the LP clones, but just about everything else in the pro series has me excited.
I'd love the maple board soloist to go with my collection of DK2Ms!

Really are overdue for a new pro Kelly and Warrior though.

I'd really like it if they brought back the Friedman Kelly to the US market. I'd love one.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by monwobobbo
hate the LP style. not what i think of when i think Jackson.

Yup.

One of the reasons why I like Jackson as a brand is that the large majority of their designs were not so much mere copies of other brands. All of their designs took inspiration from other companies of course, but they were all different enough that they sort of became unique in their own right. And anything that does look somewhat generic in this day and age, (like the Dinky and Soloist) was because Jackson/Charvel were one of the very first on the market to popularise the superstrat design. They only look 'generic' because so many other brands have copied it since. It's the same story with the King V's and Rhoads. And that to me is one of the key things that differentiates Jackson/Charvel from other 'metal' brands.

Making an LP copy that looks like an Ibanez Artist ripoff is a very poor marketing move.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Jan 21, 2016,
I'm no fan of the LP shape either (or of the strat shape) and I'm no fan of copying designs. But that's the norm in the industry (as well as in others) and it's a necessity of sorts that all brands offer all designs. If you like Jacksons and like the LP shape, you were left having to buy some Japanese LP copy. So I understand their move, and while it's not for me, there will be others who will hopefully buy it so that Jackson has the funds to come up with stuff that I do like.

Eventually we'll get to the point that all brands offer all shapes in all colors and finishes, and will have little to distinguish themselves by, compounded by the fact that all these companies make their guitars at the same 3 or 4 Asian plants.
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Yup.

One of the reasons why I like Jackson as a brand is that the large majority of their designs were not so much mere copies of other brands. All of their designs took inspiration from other companies of course, but they were all different enough that they sort of became unique in their own right. And anything that does look somewhat generic in this day and age, (like the Dinky and Soloist) was because Jackson/Charvel were one of the very first on the market to popularise the superstrat design. They only look 'generic' because so many other brands have copied it since. It's the same story with the King V's and Rhoads. And that to me is one of the key things that differentiates Jackson/Charvel from other 'metal' brands.

Making an LP copy that looks like an Ibanez Artist ripoff is a very poor marketing move.

totally agree. doing what everyone else is doing isn't a good way to stand out. it's funny cuz companies seem to get criticized either way. many said why doesn't fender do superstrats (past a token effort). no need for them to do it as there are a million of them out there already. (and yes they own charvel/jackson at this point but that is kinda beside the point). to much copying and not enough innovating.
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Yup.

Yep, I'm another in agreement here. They've got a great lineup of original designs, and I hate to see some of those being neglected in favour of yet another LP clone. Like I said in my last post, the Kelly and Warrior in particular are overdue some love.

I don't even like the Monarkh as an LP type guitar aesthetically - I've never particularly liked LP type guitars which make the horn pointy, and I don't think the SLS headstock looks right on it. I think it would have worked better with the Broderick headstock - though I'd probably say that the Broderick would be better than the SLS headstock in about 90% of cases anyway. I do quite like the backwards hollow sharkfins though.
Quote by dthmtl3
I'm no fan of the LP shape either (or of the strat shape) and I'm no fan of copying designs. But that's the norm in the industry (as well as in others) and it's a necessity of sorts that all brands offer all designs. If you like Jacksons and like the LP shape, you were left having to buy some Japanese LP copy. So I understand their move, and while it's not for me, there will be others who will hopefully buy it so that Jackson has the funds to come up with stuff that I do like.

Eventually we'll get to the point that all brands offer all shapes in all colors and finishes, and will have little to distinguish themselves by, compounded by the fact that all these companies make their guitars at the same 3 or 4 Asian plants.

I understand the move too, but it doesn't make it any less misguided under the lens of the designs Jackson has done before. Customers who like Jacksons may very well like LP designs, but those desires have always been mutually exclusive.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Jan 21, 2016,
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Charvel Desolation much?

yeah.... ok, you're right.
Quote by Confuse-a-Cat
Yep, I'm another in agreement here. They've got a great lineup of original designs, and I hate to see some of those being neglected in favour of yet another LP clone. Like I said in my last post, the Kelly and Warrior in particular are overdue some love.

I don't even like the Monarkh as an LP type guitar aesthetically - I've never particularly liked LP type guitars which make the horn pointy, and I don't think the SLS headstock looks right on it. I think it would have worked better with the Broderick headstock - though I'd probably say that the Broderick would be better than the SLS headstock in about 90% of cases anyway. I do quite like the backwards hollow sharkfins though.

i just picked up a black warrior (wrxmg reverse). the thing is just so fucking awesomely playable. who knew that four pointy headstocks rotated around making up the body is the magic shape? at least for me anyway. so comfortable.
Quote by ad_works
i just picked up a black warrior (wrxmg reverse). the thing is just so fucking awesomely playable. who knew that four pointy headstocks rotated around making up the body is the magic shape? at least for me anyway. so comfortable.

Isn't that the truth? In my limited experience, the X-shape is the way to go. Add to that a light basswood body and you have in the Warrior the most comfortable and playable guitar. And awesome looking too.
I'll stick with my PRS singlecuts if I want another les paul style guitar with pointy headstock
Quote by slapsymcdougal
My bank account hates you.

Do it man! I'm just hoping to at least play one of those beauties.
Quote by Roc8995

Things are better now.

Quote by dannyalcatraz
Quote by GraceByDeath
Do it man! I'm just hoping to at least play one of those beauties.

Maybe I should sell my Ibby S-something(770 I think?). Won't raise a whole bunch(maybe £250 if I'm lucky), but I'm not playing it these days.
Damn those are ugly, I'm a Jackson guy but those are homely I'm not a fan of that headstock on any guitar. The body looks like a bad Eclipse clone

I do like the white superstrat with pirahna inlays
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge

Didn't liked the LPs either. That headstock with the LP shape is so... ew.

The white SL2M and the Quicksilver Pro V are pure sex though. I think I'm in love.
Damn those are ugly looks like an bad Eclipse clone with an ugly headstock!

I do like the white superstrat with pirahna inlays!
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge

Quote by DanyFS
Didn't liked the LPs either. That headstock with the LP shape is so... ew.

The white SL2M and the Quicksilver Pro V are pure sex though. I think I'm in love.

Yeah. I've found the same pattern the last few years when I've seen the new models - I immediately fall in love with the new versions of the classic Jackson shapes, particularly the Pro series ones, and I don't care at all for the newer stuff like the USA Baritones, Monarkhs and the various X series SLATs and such.