Hey guys!
I have a Peavey Vypyr 30 and i was wondering if you have any good amp setups for playing metal? The bands i play are Bring Me The Horizon (please no spamming about how crap you think they are) Asking Alexandria, etc.

Thank you
Welcome to UG, friend! I realize this isn't your first post, but technically this post is against the rules. Check out the rules and stickied posts in this forum, they will give you a lot of useful information, including the answer to your question.

To answer the question more fully, your best bet is to figure out what amps that band uses and use the model on your amp that best emulates that amp. From there just tweak the setting to get a usable tone.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Last edited by Kevin Saale at Jan 21, 2016,
what era BMTH?
I believe Lee uses les pauls and Marshall amps now
for a Vypyr I'd suggest maybe the marshall amp model although tbh I didn't think much of it.

or use the 6505 model since the Peavey models are the best on the amp (as expected)
don't scoop the mids
mess about with the settings and try get a good low end to the tone without muddying and still retaining clarity and treble.

just research what the bands are doing and try emulate it.
Gear:

Gibson lpj
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Epiphone Les Paul 1960's Tribute Plus
Schecter s-1
Marshall JCM900 100WATT HEAD
Fender mustang 1
Dunlop Crybaby
Danelectro Distortion
Tanglewood exotic electro acoustic
Westfield Bass
just had a look and I was right
gibson and epiphone les pauls with a nodded jcm 800.

that's a good place to start.

AA use ibanez and esp guitars with 6505 and other similar amps.

so yeah, seen as though I don't personally rate the marshall on the vypyr I'd go for the 6505 with a good humbucker guitar.
id set the EQ around 5 or 6 on each and tweak from there.
Gear:

Gibson lpj
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Epiphone Les Paul 1960's Tribute Plus
Schecter s-1
Marshall JCM900 100WATT HEAD
Fender mustang 1
Dunlop Crybaby
Danelectro Distortion
Tanglewood exotic electro acoustic
Westfield Bass
Last edited by nightwalker903 at Jan 21, 2016,