Poll: Is the refugee crisis destabilising Europe?
Poll Options
View poll results: Is the refugee crisis destabilising Europe?
Yes
21 72%
No
4 14%
Hard to say really
4 14%
Voters: 29.
Page 1 of 3
Obviously.

Under normal circumstances you'd get massively differing opinion on immigration. Add in Paris, the scenes from the channel tunnel last summer, and all the stuff going on in like Croatia and Hungary, and there's a lot of ammo for anti-immigration stuff.

Problem is, like with most things, nobody is willing or able to find the sensible middle ground.
Yes. Or rather it's finally showing how stable and 'unified' Europe actually is.

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
uboga gmajna, le vpup, le vkup,
le vkup, le vkup z menoj,
staro pravdo v mrak tulimo,
da se pretulimo skozi to zimo
Fucks sake Guizar

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
I'd love a snow storm just about now.

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
Quote by JamSessionFreak
I'd love a snow storm just about now.

Really cloudy over here at the moment but's been raining so snow seems unlikely.
Nah. It's just exacerbating existing problems in the shittier parts of Europe.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
The real question is, is Europe (including America) destabilising the Middle East?

Too much effort to read up on the past 60-70 years of Western Neo-Imperialism that's been leveled towards the Middle East that's caused the crisis, so instead, we should all just listen to cliche sound bitey articles that pretend that (contemporary) history doesn't matter, from media institutions that significantly over saturates the news cycles with stories about powerless populations which appeals to peoples biases, in an effort to direct the publics attention away from those with power.

Fact of the matter is this: the number of refugees that are entering Europe is minuscule compared to the total population of Europe (750 million Europeans vs 1 million refugees). The percentage adds up to around 0.1%. I'm just using rounded off numbers but if anyone else can give detailed numbers, than please do.

The idea that these refugees who hold absolutely no power at all could 'destabilise' Europe is laughable and is just xenophobic claptrap.
Last edited by Blacknoise at Jan 22, 2016,
Quote by Blacknoise

The idea that these refugees who hold absolutely no power at all could 'destabilise' Europe is laughable and is just xenophobic claptrap.

They're destablising because the people who do hold the power have vastly differing opinions on what to do with them.

It's not the refugees themselves, it's the fact they exist that's the problem.

And I definitely agree that the west has contributed significantly to that mess, which is why I think we should do everything we can to help make amends.
Quote by RAB11
They're destablising because the people who do hold the power have vastly differing opinions on what to do with them.

It's not the refugees themselves, it's the fact they exist that's the problem.

And I definitely agree that the west has contributed significantly to that mess, which is why I think we should do everything we can to help make amends.

I think Köln disagrees.

But yeah, as usual in european politics, we are now experiencing the negative side of a policy (schengen) that has been extremely profitable and beneficial for the entire group. However, not enough attention and resources have been spent to deal with the negative sides of it (like protecting the common border). So now we are experiencing the negative side off that and suddenly the Schengen treaty is under attack by right wing nuts. No, what we should do is strengthen the borders, send more aid to regions around conflict areas, kick out all refugees who violate western standards, and let in those that do follow our standards.
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
Last edited by Neo Evil11 at Jan 22, 2016,
Quote by Neo Evil11
I think Köln disagrees.

But yeah, as usual in european politics, we are now experiencing the negative side of a policy (schengen) that has been extremely profitable and beneficial for the entire group. However, not enough attention and resources have been spent to deal with the negative sides of it (like protecting the common border). So now we are experiencing the negative side off that and suddenly the Schengen treaty is under attack by right wing nuts. No, what we should do is strengthen the borders, send more aid to regions around conflict areas, kick out all refugees who violate western standards, and let in those that do follow our standards.

Maybe, but the NYE thing there seems to be the only occurrence of refugees getting all rapey(at least no similar incidents are making the news here), so that's kind of playing into the hands of the "close the borders and torpedo refugee boats" right-wing fucknuggets.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Quote by slapsymcdougal
Maybe, but the NYE thing there seems to be the only occurrence of refugees getting all rapey(at least no similar incidents are making the news here), so that's kind of playing into the hands of the "close the borders and torpedo refugee boats" right-wing fucknuggets.

More than that, the idea that they're all rapey because they're refugees is ridiculous. Scumbags are scumbags, no matter where they're from and I highly doubt it was a case of no Germans committing sexual assault that night either.

Kick out those that are breaking the laws (including/especially those morons who were lobbing rocks/bricks at border security last year), but don't punish the majority.
Last edited by RAB11 at Jan 22, 2016,
Quote by slapsymcdougal

It happened in multiple cities, and in sweden it happened way before that but it was put under the rug. We get reports here all the time that some refugees made life unliveable in the refugee centres for homosexuals, women and other groups.

We really need to kick out everyone that doesn't fit in with western values. Can't have any lax rules atm with more and more coming in. I am all for taking in families, children and such. But there cannot be any room for anyone that doesn't share our values when it comes to women and homosexuals.
Quote by Carmel

ಠ_ಠ
Last edited by Neo Evil11 at Jan 22, 2016,
Quote by Neo Evil11
It happened in multiple cities, and in sweden it happened way before that but it was put under the rug. We get reports here all the time that some refugees made life unliveable in the refugee centres for homosexuals, women and other groups.

We really need to kick out everyone that doesn't fit in with western values. Can't have any lax rules atm with more and more coming in. I am all for taking in families, children and such. But there cannot be any room for anyone that doesn't share our values when it comes to women and homosexuals.

Yes, that'll be easy.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Hello do you fit in with western values?

- ...Yes.

Excellent, enjoy your stay here.

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
Quote by Neo Evil11

Too much too soon.

Absolutely come down hard on those that don't respect the laws of the country that's taken them in though. But at the same time afford those that do the same respect.
They should take a test and if they fail we give them a badge and send them to a camp

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
Quote by slapsymcdougal
Yes, that'll be easy.

If they are caught harrassing gay people or women, then yes.
Quote by Carmel

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by EndTheRapture51
They should take a test and if they fail we give them a badge and send them to a camp

That's a great idea! Who doesn't love camp?
Quote by Neo Evil11
If they are caught harrassing gay people or women, then yes.

Ok. Do we do the same for the countless white people that do the same shit?

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
Quote by JamSessionFreak

No. It's them foreigners coming over here, harassing our women.

They should go home and harass their own women.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Quote by JamSessionFreak

I am all for sending natives back to their own country... which is the netherlands. We have limited resources and I want to spend it on people that follow the rules and that can contribute in a positive way to our society. If you want to let everyone, even the guys who grope women in, then that is your choice and you can vote for the political party in your country that stands for that.
Quote by Carmel

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by JamSessionFreak

But Jam, now you're mixing up brown people and white people problems. The two should stay strictly separated!
brown people
Eat your pheasant
Drink your wine
Your days are numbered, bourgeois swine!
Quote by Blacknoise at #33790405
The real question is, is Europe (including America)

excuse me
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Quote by ErikLensherr
excuse me

Oh right...

This might be a lot to take in, but that whole bit with the declaration of independence was a hoax.

- sunaj
i was talking about this with my dad and sister the other day. an offhand thought we came up with went back to the great depression and how america's immigration policy, and public perception, where affected by the economic crisis. america basically closed down everything, notably held a really sketchy trial incriminating two italian immigrants, and everyone hated foreigners.

so with the refugee crisis happening right now, it definitely does have a destabilising affect, but it definitely is highlighting the already existing problems in europe.
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
Quote by ali.guitarkid7
Don't call the racist racist don't call the racist racist don't call the racist racist

Who is being racist in this thread? None of this has to do with race.
Quote by Carmel

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by ali.guitarkid7
Don't call the racist racist don't call the racist racist don't call the racist racist

I think there's an important distinction to make between racism and xenophobia

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
Quote by EndTheRapture51
I think there's an important distinction to make between racism and xenophobia

That's cuz you don't understand either

BOOM #killinit
Of course you're #BOOM killing it you're a brown muslim man

Racism is hating people cos of skin colour and xenophobic is hating someone cos they're a Johnny Foreigner innit

Last edited by EndTheRapture51 at Jan 22, 2016,
i think this kind of "you can't live here unless you agree with western values" is pr much hilarious bullshit
Quote by tateandlyle
i think this kind of "you can't live here unless you agree with western values" is pr much hilarious bullshit

Bet you'd say we have to respect the culture of Dubai when we go there #shameful #traitor

the migrant problem is just adding to the existing problems Europe has. Its a tough situation
Eat your pheasant
Drink your wine
Your days are numbered, bourgeois swine!
tbh i think some refugees already embody a lot of what being english is about

going to foreign countries, not knowing a word of the language, getting together a mob and fucking up everything is just a big away day over here don't know why we're pretending to be upset about it
Quote by EndTheRapture51
Of course you're #BOOM killing it you're a brown muslim man

Racism is hating people cos of skin colour and xenophobic is hating someone cos they're a Johnny Foreigner innit

Do you really think I'm Muslim lol

Yeah they're two different things, but practically there's not much difference. No one's concerned about white Belgian Christians getting into France right. Cuz in a sense they're perceived as "one of us".
Page 1 of 3