http://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/jan/21/chess-forbidden-in-islam-rules-saudi-arabia-grand-mufti

Saudi Arabia’s grand mufti has ruled that chess is forbidden in Islam, saying it encourages gambling and is a waste of time.

Sheikh Abdulaziz al-Sheikh was answering a question on a television show in which he issues fatwas in response to viewers’ queries on everyday religious matters.

He said chess was “included under gambling” and was “a waste of time and money and a cause for hatred and enmity between players”.

Ban sports, ban competitions, ban democracy because it causes hatred and enmity!

Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

It should just be banned for being shit.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
Of course a game of logic is Haram
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

^

"Chess forbidden in Islam, rules Saudi mufti, but issue not black and white"

ffs Guardian. anyhow it doesn't surprise me - if you're taking music out of culture you may as well commit mass-suicide - what difference does calling chess bad too, do?
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
Quote by Amuro Jay
I feel like every fatwa ever has been motivated by salt

like this dude got his ass whooped in chess and decided nobody else could play it

i can see that

I used to love chess as a kid until I moved to a new house and played the neighbour kids a bunch of times and they destroyed me constantly. was 100% done with the game and wishing I had the power to ban it for everyone.
O.K.

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”
~ Bill Watterson

O__o
do you think music is banned/looked down upon in these climates because an extreme muslim and a buddhist had a rock off and the buddhist did the tenacious d thing, and they're still hella butthurt about it or something?
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
Quote by MeTallIcA313
Isn't everything remotely fun banned in islam?

well, not chess, but yeah

Muslims don't actually have to listen to that dude btw. I've never been too bothered about fatwas. Very few preachers draw a large enough base to listen to.
Quote by theguitarist
i can see that

I used to love chess as a kid until I moved to a new house and played the neighbour kids a bunch of times and they destroyed me constantly. was 100% done with the game and wishing I had the power to ban it for everyone.

I'm sorry you had to go through that traumatizing experience, son.
fuck off mufti man, chess is gr8

tho i suck at it :<

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
uboga gmajna, le vpup, le vkup,
le vkup, le vkup z menoj,
staro pravdo v mrak tulimo,
da se pretulimo skozi to zimo
I think its because they are afraid that people are going to start resortig to gambling which is forbidden in the Islamic faith.
And as usual, anything they are afraid of, either gets banned or killed.

Time for the Arabs to get the Checkers Board ready
Guess that's why it's radical Islam, no dorks allowed.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Trigger warning: may bring up traumatic memories of the crusades
Check out my band Disturbed
I can't believe people are that stupid. Chess is the best game ever invented. I'll probably be a chess grandmaster before a professional musician.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
I can't believe people are that stupid. Chess is the best game ever invented. I'll probably be a chess grandmaster before a professional musician.

yeah, probably ;-)
Funny thing, Chess was first got widespread in Persia at 600's and was widely accepted in first Muslim lands.

Huh. We came a long way.
Quote by arcanom
Mint and chocolate shouldnt be togather.
"Literally Worst Post of 2k16" approved by After Eight Lovers...
Quote by Deliriumbassist at #33791899
The only thing chess related that should be haram is people that don't know and whinge about the en passant rule.

definitely
A poem.
Quote by yoman297
no girl, movember isnt for you. shave your stache pls

I can out-bore you any day