Hi All

I have a Bugera 333XL w/Infinium and it is very loud but it sounds great. It's too loud for my current living conditions. I have a guy who wants to trade even a Line 6 Spider HD100 and the foot switch. I was thinking about selling it out right and getting a jet City JCA22H. Something about Line 6 rubs me the wrong way, especially a preamp section that has only 2 tubes?? What would you do?

Any thoughts?

Thanks
Do you gig or jam with friends? If you're just doing bedroom practice you might be better off with something like a POD and some headphones or studio monitor.

I definitely would not trade the bugera for anything spider from Line6. Line6 makes some decent stuff, but definitely not the spider series.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Quote by Will Lane
I would go with the JCA. Avoid the Spider.

Also, musical equipment is only loud if you set the volume up high.

I should have mentioned: I have the channel volume cranked up. The Master becomes super freaking sensitive. toooooo sensitive. need that channel volume cranked
Put a volume pedal in the effects loop. You don't need another amp.

You may WANT another amp, but you don't need one.
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
I'm going to go out on a limb and say the JCA probably will be too loud as well. Also, the 333XL does a lot heavier stuff than the JCA can do AFAIK.
Sell it, save up and get a modeler. If you want loud rocking, tube/amp tone, you're not going to get it from an amp in your bedroom. 10W Tube amp is massively loud and as you know tubes require volume up to sound their best.

If you are doing home recording mostly you should save for an AxeFX, trust me, I have one and their new AX8, I've owned many tube amps over the years...its as good and in many cases better.

If you can't afford an AxeFx ultra right now, get a Line6 HD PRO X, again with the plan to sell and get that AxeFX
Jackson: DKMG w/Zakk Wylde EMGs
Fender: Fat Strat HSS
Epiphone: Les Paul Custom w/SD Pickups
Dean: Performer E Acoustic/Electric
Vox: DA5
Vox JamVox
Digitech: GNX4 Workstation
Digitech: EX-7 Distortion Factory
Boss DR-880
MAudio Bx5a Deluxe
Quote by Dazzl1113
Sell it, save up and get a modeler. If you want loud rocking, tube/amp tone, you're not going to get it from an amp in your bedroom. 10W Tube amp is massively loud and as you know tubes require volume up to sound their best.

If you are doing home recording mostly you should save for an AxeFX, trust me, I have one and their new AX8, I've owned many tube amps over the years...its as good and in many cases better.

If you can't afford an AxeFx ultra right now, get a Line6 HD PRO X, again with the plan to sell and get that AxeFX

This is shit advice. The guy has a bugera, what makes you think he can or is willing to save up for something like the axefx? And as far as 10w being too loud, yeah, and so is 1/4 watt if it's cranked, but that's why these things have volume knobs.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Quote by Blick Fang
I should have mentioned: I have the channel volume cranked up. The Master becomes super freaking sensitive. toooooo sensitive. need that channel volume cranked

Why on earth do you want to do that? You kill the point of master volumes. Turn the channel volume down, WAY down and 333 becomes excellent bedroom amp.

You can bedroomify it more by pulling two outer power tubes away (and flip impedance down a notch) to half the wattage. Not because of volume (because wattage is irrelevant when it comes to finding a minimum usable volume) but to save on power tube costs.

ESP LTD F-50 + Tonezone
Cort EVL-Z4 + X2N
Cort EVL-K47B

Marshall Valvestate 8100
Randall RG1503
Bugera 333
Peavey Rockmaster preamp

Line6 Pod X3
Last edited by MaaZeus at Jan 23, 2016,
^Are you sure you can do that on the Bugera Infiniums?

Blick Fang - what kind of music do you record?

I also agree that you have no reason running the channel volume wide open like that. To give you an example, on my Mesa Rectoverb I run my Gain at around 1 oclock, Channel Volume at 10 oclock and Master Volume at 9 oclock - and it is balls to the wall loud.

But manageable
turn the channel volume down and get a OD pedal to use as a boost.

But if you want to get a smaller amp, what about the Laney IRT studio? It even has a headphone out. should get as heavy as you need
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Last edited by Robbgnarly at Jan 23, 2016,
Quote by jtees4
but you might find the Jet City too loud for the bedroom too.

+1

EDIT: +1 on turning down the channel volumes and using an OD pedal as a boost
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
^Are you sure you can do that on the Bugera Infiniums?

Blick Fang - what kind of music do you record?

I also agree that you have no reason running the channel volume wide open like that. To give you an example, on my Mesa Rectoverb I run my Gain at around 1 oclock, Channel Volume at 10 oclock and Master Volume at 9 oclock - and it is balls to the wall loud.

But manageable

Good question. My Bugera is pre-infinium and I run it half power but Infinium might go apeshit when you pull power tubes out. This is something that you have to ask Bugera. But either way, still turn the channel volume down. 333 nor 333xl master volume is not PPIMV nor attenuator, cranking the channel volume is largely pointless.

ESP LTD F-50 + Tonezone
Cort EVL-Z4 + X2N
Cort EVL-K47B

Marshall Valvestate 8100
Randall RG1503
Bugera 333
Peavey Rockmaster preamp

Line6 Pod X3