is the pit the area for the members of ug who got tired of the rest of the forum

Poll: is it
Poll Options
View poll results: is it
y
9 27%
n
10 30%
myb
9 27%
idk
4 12%
repeat
1 3%
Voters: 33.
nah it's just lowest in the nerd totem
Quote by Arthur Curry
it's official, vintage x metal is the saving grace of this board and/or the antichrist

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

lol i got tired of the pit so went to musician talk but then got tired of that so went back.

the pit is best pit

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by mattedbird
i don't have to think too hard here and this is where the humor is

I thought that was in yr upper arm
Quote by Arthur Curry
it's official, vintage x metal is the saving grace of this board and/or the antichrist

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

In '05 and '06 I was in the Classic Rock and Electric Guitar forums all the time. I probably never even opened The Pit until late '05, but it was so much of a clusterfuck back then that I never really got into it. Then all the other subforums started to die out (you can only talk about Pink Floyd so much before the conversation starts to loop around again) and I started using The Pit more.

So I guess I vote yes.
I started in the actual music forums, but back when I first started here the people in those forums could be massively elitist and incredibly brutal (No idea what it's like now), so I came to the Pit and never left.
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
‘Cause there's nothing here for you my dear
And everything must pass
I don't think I even used my account until 2011. I posted mostly in bands and artists, then stopped then started posting in the pit around the end of 2013. I'll post in the Gear Building and Electric guitar forums at times now, but mostly just stay in the pit.
Quote by i_lovemetallica at #33791741
I started in the actual music forums, but back when I first started here the people in those forums could be massively elitist and incredibly brutal (No idea what it's like now), so I came to the Pit and never left.

Bands & Artists had some real dicks years ago. If you called a band the wrong genre people would get so butthurt about it.
Quote by MeTallIcA313
I don't think I even used my account until 2011. I posted mostly in bands and artists, then stopped then started posting in the pit around the end of 2013. I'll post in the Gear Building and Electric guitar forums at times now, but mostly just stay in the pit.

Bands & Artists had some real dicks years ago. If you called a band the wrong genre people would get so butthurt about it.

Same with the Guitar Gear guys, you ask about buying a certain pedal or guitar or whatever, and you would get totally reamed out for it
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
And everything must pass
Quote by i_lovemetallica

and the pit was different? :^)
Quote by Thrashtastic15
and the pit was different? :^)

The Pit was made up of people who were as bigger losers as I was, so I could blend in
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
And everything must pass
In my case, I just went straight to The Pit after 3 years of submitting tabs. I had known about it's existence, but, in all honesty, the Classic Theme turned me off too much to join.

Then I realized the Black Theme existed, and the world was a better place for it.

Was never interested in the other forums. Still not tbh.
I started here in The Pit.
then got tired of it, moved into the Gear Building and Customizing sub forum, then the Gear forum, making stops back here now and then.
Quote by Joshua Garcia
In my case, I just went straight to The Pit after 3 years of submitting tabs. I had known about it's existence, but, in all honesty, the Classic Theme turned me off too much to join.

Then I realized the Black Theme existed, and the world was a better place for it.

Was never interested in the other forums. Still not tbh.

well, debatable..
nah i use the rest of the forums plenty
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one
I've spent like 95% of my UG time in The Pit with occasional trips out to GG&A, Bands & Artists and Electric Guitar, although most of those visits happen from seeing an interesting looking thread on the home page.
I used to visit the hardcore forum when it was more active because I liked a few of the bands. But it was mostly because everyone there took themselves way too seriously and it was hysterical
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Quote by i_lovemetallica
Same with the Guitar Gear guys, you ask about buying a certain pedal or guitar or whatever, and you would get totally reamed out for it
that is because a lot of times the person asking about an item is making a bad decision.
i enjoy reading those front page articles and i regularly view tabs for guitar covers.

but most of my time is spent in the pit
you guys are hilarious (and kinda sad).

but it's not as interesting or involved community section as it was a few years back
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

Last edited by k.lainad at Jan 23, 2016,
I started in the Pit and have 84 total posts in all the other forums lol

Pretty sure most of those were from when Momie trolled the metal forum by asking if nu metal was metal
Quote by WCPhils
I used to visit the hardcore forum when it was more active because I liked a few of the bands. But it was mostly because everyone there took themselves way too seriously and it was hysterical
it was the metal forum for me.

admittedly I lurked more than I posted but still

if you're reading, y'all get waay too upset over some shit
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
I mostly post here. Sometimes in GG&A but, most of the time someone already states what I would've said.
Quote by Will Lane
that is because a lot of times the person asking about an item is making a bad decision.

Yeah, but they were always total dicks about it, especially to new players.

Instead of saying something like "Hey man, those pedals aren't that great, for the type of music you play and the budget you have, you should look into product X"

it was usually "Lol, ur a faggot, probably play stairway in ur mums basement olololol"
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
And everything must pass
Quote by UltimateGuizar
I originally came here to laugh at nerds, but then I got infected and now I am also a nerd.
Just like all of you nerds.

What a bunch of nerds, right?
I started off on Electric Guitar / Gear forum, gravitated towards the Hardcore forum whilst dabbling in The Pit but then they moved all the threads around and the regulars stopped posting, The Pit became the main attraction of the site.

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car