Hi all! Thanks to all of those experts here on Ultimate Guitar who helped me decided what new gear to get, I recently purchased this used Epiphone Les Paul Standard, along with a Peavey Vypyr amp.

I'm absolutely loving it so far, and except for a few small issues that'll be solved by a good set-up, it's been a great axe. It certainly sounds a heck of a lot better than my old Squier Bullet!

I bought the guitar from Guitar Center, so I wasn't told a great deal of details about it, so I thought the gurus on here might be able to answer some questions about it. What year is it? What pickups/other hardware is it equipped with? How can I improve its sound and tone? What can I do to take care of it? And, most importantly, what do you think about it?

Thanks a lot!

-Noah
Looks like someone put a Dimarzio Crunch Lab in the bridge which is why it sounds so good.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
I'd think the switch tip, pickguard, knobs, tuning pegs and pickup rings were replaced as well. Hopefully and probably, the tuning pegs are an upgrade. If you have a picture of them (back of the headstock), people might be able to tell you what tuning pegs they are.

The bridge pickup is aftermarket as mentioned, the neck pickup might be as well, but you'd only know for sure if you take it out.

I think it looks neat. If you keep it for a while and feel like upgrading it more, you could swap the bridge out for something black and have all black hardware.
That guitar looks heavily modified, hopefully for the better! The bridge pickup definitely looks like a Crunch Lab so I guess they knew what they were doing as far as good parts go, I wonder if they upgraded the pots and switch?
My Gear:
Ibanez Jet King 2
Ibanez RGDIX7 MPB
Ibanez GRG 7221
OLP John Petrucci
Epiphone Les Paul Custom Pro
Squier Stratocaster (modified)
Harley Benton CLD-41S (Acoustic)

Peavey Vypyr 30.

Boss CH-1 Super Chorus
Boss DD-3 Digital Delay
Boss FRV-1 '63 Fender Reverb
The tuners look like Grover Romantic's (which are good) they came on my G400 stock.

Epi full sized pots are just fine, it is the mini pots in the specials that are not very good.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Very cool! I wouldn't have guessed that it was so heavily modified. I must have gotten a pretty good deal on it, seeing as the Crunch Lab pickup alone goes for $150+
Quote by TheAviator1997
Very cool! I wouldn't have guessed that it was so heavily modified. I must have gotten a pretty good deal on it, seeing as the Crunch Lab pickup alone goes for $150+

Modified guitars are usually worth less than stock guitars. On cheaper guitars like this it usually doesn't have a huge effect on the price.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Quote by TheAviator1997

Never consider a heavily modified guitar a "good deal." In almost every case, I downgrade the price I'll offer for a used guitar if it's been modified from the original.
I wouldn't say an Epiphone with upgraded pickups is worth less, but it's not necessarily worth much more either. It's not like it's a high end guitar that's been modified.
Quote by TheAviator1997

You got a deal for sure. That pickup runs $85ish new $150ish for the set

If I were you I'd either put chrome/nickel tuners on it or swap the TOM and stop tail to black also. just for pure looks
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate