So, I have a Kustom Dual 35 DFX amp. Would any tech geeks out there be able to tell me how to connect that to the 3.5 mm jack (standard jack) on my phone?

In theory it should be possible, right? An amp is meant to accept input, so if that input were music from a device, it should, in theory, play the music.

Would I buy a converter? Or is it even possible? Thanks in advance.
It's got a CD/Tape input so all you'd need is a 1/8"female to 1/4"male adapter.
..I was watching my death.
Well you could do it with an adapter but you are only going to get one side up. Guitar amps have mono inputs and your phone is stereo.

Edit: Oh it's got a CD input? Then yes, all you need is an adapter.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Last edited by Cathbard at Jan 23, 2016,
To expand on what these guys have said, yeah, if it's got a CD/Tape input, just get the necessary size adapter and you're golden. If it doesn't have that then yes, you CAN plug your phone right into the guitar input jack, and the music WILL come out of the speaker. But it will be stripped of one stereo channel (which could have hardly any effect, or could COMPLETELY fuck with the song, depending on what you're listening to), and the sound will also be colored by the amp's tone and EQ.
Guitars
Schecter Hellraiser C-1FR, C-1 Classic, Hellraiser Hybrid Solo-II, Special Edition E-1FR-S
Orange Rockerverb 50 212
Basses
Yamaha RBX374 and Washburn MB-6
Not to mention whatever modeling you have active at the time...

Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Quote by timbit2006
It's got a CD/Tape input so all you'd need is a 1/8"female to 1/4"male adapter.

Thanks! How much are those, and could you post a pic of one? I want to look in store as well as online.
1/8" to 1/4 TRS adapter would be what you need.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by hofmannd167
Grundsätzlich sollten es denkbar, ist das nicht so? Ein Amp soll Daten bestätigen also würde die Infos Musik aus einem Gadget, es, sollte grundsätzlich die Musik spielen.

I don't know if you speak any English, but posting in languages other than English without a translation is against the rules.

Von Google Translate. Ich weiß nicht, wenn Sie kein Englisch sprechen, aber Entsendung in anderen Sprachen als Englisch , ohne Übersetzung ist gegen die Regeln .
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Quote by toateridax2010

In theory it should be possible, right? An amp is meant to accept input, so if that input were music from a device, it should, in theory, play the music.

The input of a guitar amp is meant to work with a magnetic pickup. That's a different kind of input from that put out by an iPhone.

Second, guitar speakers are not full range. They cut off bottom end beginning at around 100Hz on down, and they cut off top end above about 4000Hz. That's not because that's *all* that guitars can put out; it's just something that's become traditional. In fact, a miked-up acoustic guitar requires a special "acoustic" amp with more bottom end AND a tweeter for the top end to sound even remotely accurate. So your iPhone output wouldn't sound anywhere near as good through a guitar amp as it does via a four buck set of ear buds.

Best you can say for it is that it's louder.

There ARE some newer amps that are designed to work with iPhone/iPod/iPad type output. The Line 6 Amplifi is one, and it provides stereo sound with five speakers.
Grundsätzlich sollten es denkbar, ist das nicht so? Ein Amp soll Daten bestätigen also würde die Infos Musik aus einem Gadget, es, sollte grundsätzlich die Musik spielen.

'Kay, so this translates to:

"In principle, it should be feasible , that is not so ? An amp is so data confirm the information would music from a gadget , it should , in principle, play the music ."

And, yes, that was why I thought it would work. If that translation is inaccurate, it's probably because I resorted to Google Translate.
Quote by dspellman
The input of a guitar amp is meant to work with a magnetic pickup. That's a different kind of input from that put out by an iPhone.

Second, guitar speakers are not full range. They cut off bottom end beginning at around 100Hz on down, and they cut off top end above about 4000Hz. That's not because that's *all* that guitars can put out; it's just something that's become traditional. In fact, a miked-up acoustic guitar requires a special "acoustic" amp with more bottom end AND a tweeter for the top end to sound even remotely accurate. So your iPhone output wouldn't sound anywhere near as good through a guitar amp as it does via a four buck set of ear buds.

Best you can say for it is that it's louder.

There ARE some newer amps that are designed to work with iPhone/iPod/iPad type output. The Line 6 Amplifi is one, and it provides stereo sound with five speakers.

So what effect will that have on the music? Would extreme highs and lows just get cut? What if you messed with the equalizer to amplify THOSE frequencies?
It'll work fine, just plug it in and quit worrying.

If you don't like how it sounds you're out what, a couple bucks for the adapter?
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
Quote by toateridax2010
So what effect will that have on the music? Would extreme highs and lows just get cut? What if you messed with the equalizer to amplify THOSE frequencies?
It will work but it just will not be a good quality, you are essentially sending a mixed track through a bunch of preamp and power amp circuitry that is meant to make the signal sound like a guitar. Using the amp EQ will probably just make it worse.
Quote by Will Lane
It will work but it just will not be a good quality, you are essentially sending a mixed track through a bunch of preamp and power amp circuitry that is meant to make the signal sound like a guitar. Using the amp EQ will probably just make it worse.

Actually I was talking about my phone's equalizer.
Quote by Will Lane

It's got a CD input, it's designed to do exactly what he's asking.
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
Quote by toateridax2010

Those aren't extreme highs or lows.

What happens when you run music through a guitar amp is that it sounds muffled. The equalizer won't do anything if the speaker itself can't reproduce the frequencies.