Hi everyone,

I found a used, heavily worn but still working Vox AD120VTX on Reverb for $175 and was wondering if this is actually a good deal. Here is the link. . The AD120VTX is the 120 w combo blue grill unit in the second generation of Valvetronix modeling amps from about 2002ish that feature a closed back and Celestion Neodog speakers. People say they are really good with lots of usable tones and with the 12AX7 preamp tube kind of sound like a tube amp in some scenarios.

So do you guys think this is a good deal? It seems hundreds less than what others are selling them for, and it's been unsold on Reverb for 2 months, so I'm kind of skeptical. Do you think it might just be that people don't want an amp that is really beat up, or is it not worth my time and should I look for a different amp.

Thanks!
Did you read the four gospels? (Fender, Gibson, Vox and Marshall?)

Several years ago I bought a VT100 for $100, granted it was from a dude that looked like he was hurting for a fix, if you know what I mean. They're amazingly invisible in a band mix for some strange reason, could be cause it got really muddy when cranked. I don't know but I was pretty disappointed in it even though I only paid $100 for it. Fortunately I ended up trading it for an Egnater Rebel 20 head so it worked out but I didn't dig it anywhere near as much as I dig the VT30, which is actually a kickass amp for what it is. Though it was the AD100VT 212, maybe the newer models are better. Just my thoughts.
Fender Mustang/Derfenstein DST> Boss Power Wah> Pedal Monsters Klone> Bogner Uberschall> Walrus Audio Janus> Randall RM20> Line 6 M9> Randall RM20
I may be wrong, but I'm fairly sure that the 60 and 120 were the first generation of Valvetronix amps.
Or at least the first version that was worth a damn.
I'd jump on that quicker than a $10,000 a night whore.

And to Lucky and Will, many of the Valvetronix fans consider those 60 and 120 models superior to the following generation of Valvetronix amps.

And Lucky, yeah, the stock speakers, IMO kinda sucked.
The Eminence Rajun Cajun made a huge difference in my AD30VT.
Last edited by CodeMonk at Jan 23, 2016,