Page 1 of 2
And or are you interested in learning any new types of music? I, myself, personally, have experimented, to a certain degree of success in many styles of music. Nothing satisfies my soul quite as much as just rocking out.

I've done Ragtime, Dixieland, jazz standards( I don't consider myself a jazz guitar player thank you) really bad classical. I got really good at playing a fast bluegrass chicken pickin style with pedal steel guitar riffs when I played in a country band playing Ricky Skaggs music for a long time. I have dabbled in some heavy metal music. I like that okay but it's definitely not my favorite. Everybody's got the blues I've done my share that. I'm a balladeer in that I have done that too but not too much of a level of success with that. I have done what I considered to be a fairly good Frank Zappa imitation, whatever style it is that he played.

My best loved music that I am most adept at seems to be blues-based rock on the heavier side. When I rock out on that I like to think I sound like a combination of Eric Clapton and Lindsey Buckingham with a mishmash of other influences.
I have recordings to backup everything I've said here. 270 of them.
Last edited by yope at Jan 24, 2016,
Always interested in new types.

I tend to gravitate towards the blues and blues based rock when I play tho. I can play other styles obviously, but the blues feels natural to me
Seattle Seahawks

Quote by chookiecookie
i feel like you have an obsession with aubrey plaza.

Quote by WCPhils
at least we can all agree SGstriker is the woooooooooooooooooooooorst
lol who here plays guitar?
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
‘Cause there's nothing here for you my dear
And everything must pass
Honestly it never feels like I copy playing styles anymore. I just pretty much play in my own style now
Quote by SGstriker at #33793533
Always interested in new types.

I tend to gravitate towards the blues and blues based rock when I play tho. I can play other styles obviously, but the blues feels natural to me

Hey so are you still doing an online band?
Last edited by whywefight at Jan 24, 2016,
I stopped playing guitar after that thread where you said you're the best guitarist in the pit. Figured might as well give up now, you know???
You play music on your guitar? That's silly. I play card games on my.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by theogonia777
You play music on your guitar? That's silly. I play card games on my.

I have found mine to be a nifty ironing board at a pinch
Quote by Joshua Garcia
I stopped playing guitar after that thread where you said you're the best guitarist in the pit. Figured might as well give up now, you know???

How could you not know he was the best? You stupid fucking bastard.
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
And everything must pass
Quote by whywefight
Honestly it never feels like I copy playing styles anymore. I just pretty much play in my own style now

I'm not sure tbh. If I did, it would be a slow project just because I've got a lot on my plate atm. But I'm always down to trade ideas and record some music with some cool people!
Seattle Seahawks

Quote by chookiecookie

Quote by WCPhils
You may or may not receive a pm in the future totes not tonight though because I'm not getting out of bed
Seattle Seahawks

Quote by chookiecookie

Quote by WCPhils
Quote by whywefight

Pretty much the same here. Moreso with my bass playing, but over the past few years that I've been playing guitar a lot more, I'm copying styles less and less.
i play a lot of different music.

i write a lot of rock/blues

but i have always enjoyed learning heavy metal and punk songs the most.
Anything from cannibal corpse to sepultura to cradle of filth to Tool, deftones, chevelle...
all the way to ramones, misfits, etc to very "post punk/post rock" like The Cure.

i think diversity is the key we're all searching for in our playing
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

I just bought my first bass guitar yesterday and spent the day playing Blink, Nirvana, Iron Maiden and Metallica riffs.

If i'm playing a 'type' of music on my guitar then I guess it would be a lot of indie folk shit on my classical guitar
"If you want beef, then bring the ruckus." - Marilyn Monroe
either swing jazz, or long, droney post rock

sometimes cutesy fingerpicking stuff
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
Quote by slapsymcdougal
Eminent musicians have described me as a ten-thumbed, tone-deaf talentless noise polluter.

You should team up with H. Jon Benjamin
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
And everything must pass
rap

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
uboga gmajna, le vpup, le vkup,
le vkup, le vkup z menoj,
staro pravdo v mrak tulimo,
da se pretulimo skozi to zimo
Shred shred shred shred shred fast chugga chug, slow doom/sludge and clean whatever

Sometimes I do funky stuff.
I have nothing important to say
Quote by JamSessionFreak
rap

Yo, yo
1, 2 check

Hit it!

MC Jam in the house, here to evenly distribute the capital
Flow so chill you haven't even noticed how fast I rap at all
Dropping beats all over, need a cartographer to map it all
Built a cabin in the woods so the haters can go lumberjack it all

Ah yeah

Whatchu got bitches?

Jam out!
*mic drop*
Last edited by ultimate-slash at Jan 24, 2016,
Quote by ultimate-slash
Yo, yo
1, 2 check

Hit it!

MC Jam in the house, here to evenly distribute the capital
Flow so chill you haven't even noticed how fast I rap at all
Dropping beats all over, need a cartographer to map it all
Built a cabin in the woods so the haters can go lumberjack it all

Ah yeah

Whatchu got bitches?

Jam out!
*mic drop*

Lmao yesssss

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
uboga gmajna, le vpup, le vkup,
le vkup, le vkup z menoj,
staro pravdo v mrak tulimo,
da se pretulimo skozi to zimo
Buncha Sikth.

Buncha other stuff.

Mostly stuff that sounds like 'ba dow bap budap weedlyweedly'.
o()o

Quote by JamSessionFreak
yes every night of my entire life i go to bed crying because i wasnt born american
I try to play a variety of styles, but I'm probably best at classical at the moment. I'm playing a gig next week and my setlist includes songs by Pink Floyd, Elliot Smith, Nickelback, Michael Jackson, Between The Buried and Me, John Mayer, classical and jazz pieces, and some others.

It's both a gift and a curse. I kind of wish I could focus more on one type of playing and get really good at that, but also I'm just not satisfied playing the same things over and over.
i play mostly 70s style hard rock/metal and blues/blues rock. working on a bit of country to please the mrs. i'm open to other styles but would most likely try to find ways to incorporate them into what i'm playing now.
Quote by EpiExplorer
Buncha Sikth.

Dope band

Bland Street Bloom has the best beat to it
I like playing any style, but I always go back to the blues
Originally posted by Joshua Garcia
I just come here to dick around.
And maybe occasionally wave my dick around.

My D is major
Peepeebuttwangrock
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
Quote by MeGaDeth2314
I try to play a variety of styles, but I'm probably best at classical at the moment. I'm playing a gig next week and my setlist includes songs by Pink Floyd, Elliot Smith, Nickelback, Michael Jackson, Between The Buried and Me, John Mayer, classical and jazz pieces, and some others.

It's both a gift and a curse. I kind of wish I could focus more on one type of playing and get really good at that, but also I'm just not satisfied playing the same things over and over.

I am a scatterbrain also. Not all rock 'n roll is totally based in blues but even the most melodic rock and roll has elements of blues in it. It's hard to find a rock 'n roll song that doesn't have a blues idiom in it somewhere So I know what I am, rock 'n roll guitarist who can't resist trying new things. If you learn some jazz stuff you can make your kick ass rock 'n roll sound a little bit more interesting I think. I also like melodic pop rock because it's fun to improvise a melody over it when it comes time to do a solo. The Beatles, the most melodic rock band in history has elements of blues in over half of the songs if not more. Probably much more.
My band play alt-rock/prog stuff but whenever I pick up a guitar on my own its pretty much just country stuff I play, or I max the reverb and make the house sound like a spaghetti western.
funk/funk rock and blues and reggae/ska/anything with skanks basically

sometimes post punk
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one
Quote by yope
I am a scatterbrain also. Not all rock 'n roll is totally based in blues but even the most melodic rock and roll has elements of blues in it. It's hard to find a rock 'n roll song that doesn't have a blues idiom in it somewhere So I know what I am, rock 'n roll guitarist who can't resist trying new things. If you learn some jazz stuff you can make your kick ass rock 'n roll sound a little bit more interesting I think. I also like melodic pop rock because it's fun to improvise a melody over it when it comes time to do a solo. The Beatles, the most melodic rock band in history has elements of blues in over half of the songs if not more. Probably much more.

Yope, you could try doing some modern prog.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VxMaTuErrSk
o()o

Quote by JamSessionFreak
yes every night of my entire life i go to bed crying because i wasnt born american
Page 1 of 2