this is a matter of life & death but i deal with things like this everyday

Page 1 of 2
earlier gg92 suggested i write a ya novel

i did enjoy writing the post she responded to. i liked it cause it was some combination of my vernacular and a dumb flowery prose. i find that kind of thing endearing (though maybe not in the right proportions). it reminded me self-servingly of my favorite book, a clockwork orange, which i suggest everyone read if they can get their hands on the proper british edition (all 21 chapters).

so i wanna write more and get people to read it and stuff because it's probably the only form of expression i feel like i can wrangle in a way that satisfies me at this very moment. in the past i've had a lot of story ideas that appealed to me. i didn't have enough details worked out to be sure they weren't complete shit, but i enjoyed thinking about them.

however, i thought about those ideas in the car and right now there is 100% too much snow for me to drive in. so i figure if you all are anything like me, you get a lot of genius ideas for stories that are probably actually shit but you humor yourself anyway and get lost in day dreams about them and tbh i actually want to read them.

so post them please. it's ok if it's just an image. i have those too. it's also ok if it's mega derivative, cause mine are too.
Last edited by Eastwinn at Jan 24, 2016,
So check this, I've had an idea for a political drama/thriller about some mook being the President of the US. Dunno if its been done before, cbf'd to find out.

Although he is just some backbenching mook, he is also a pretty reasonable chap but who also turns out to be irreligious. He gets elected to presidency (somehow, details) and basically proceeds to be very normal.

AND THEN BAM, someone tries to do a JFK and shoots him at a rally halfway through his term. He does not die.

Then the storyline splits off into the presidents recovery from his perspective and also the investigative team handling the the 'project'.

Something something the main enemy is lovecraft-esque in its nebulousness something something dey dun turk ar jerbs
o()o

Quote by JamSessionFreak
yes every night of my entire life i go to bed crying because i wasnt born american
Tfw you give Ean a purpose and he can't even get your 92 right
:/

Anyway, I want to write a novel about the Clones from Star Wars that takes place during Order 66 and a few of the Clones rip their chips out and form a small rebel group that goes around saving Jedi.

And then Rex finds out he's force sensitive dun dun dun
Quote by EpiExplorer
So check this, I've had an idea for a political drama/thriller about some mook being the President of the US. Dunno if its been done before, cbf'd to find out.

Although he is just some backbenching mook, he is also a pretty reasonable chap but who also turns out to be irreligious. He gets elected to presidency (somehow, details) and basically proceeds to be very normal.

AND THEN BAM, someone tries to do a JFK and shoots him at a rally halfway through his term. He does not die.

Then the storyline splits off into the presidents recovery from his perspective and also the investigative team handling the the 'project'.

Something something the main enemy is lovecraft-esque in its nebulousness something something dey dun turk ar jerbs

i have ideas about important things like this sometimes but it was always falls apart when i remember that i don't know anything about what's it like to be one of those important people doing important things

Quote by GuitarGod_92
Tfw you give Ean a purpose and he can't even get your 92 right
:/

Anyway, I want to write a novel about the Clones from Star Wars that takes place during Order 66 and a few of the Clones rip their chips out and form a small rebel group that goes around saving Jedi.

And then Rex finds out he's force sensitive dun dun dun

typo i swear i don't think you're 16 years old
also i don't know what those words mean but
she was born in 93 though she's just a 92 poser
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
Quote by Hydra150
she was born in 93 though she's just a 92 poser

I can't help that my life is so unfortunate that I was born 2 months too late to be born in the year of my favorite number
14 is the best number

also 92 was the best year hmu
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
huu
Alright, its a film noir with a PI that starts in black and white, with a bit of vivids sparsed in like the subtle colors of Sin City.

Everything's going great, the case is being compiled, and the last piece of the puzzle somehow revolves around a hedge fund manager that specializes in a niche market of sweet-but-slightly-bitter/sour sodas and neurological studies, and they are meeting at a bar to discuss the hedge fund managers hearsay of an anonymous group talking of the PI's incident in question.

Suddenly BOOM turns out the hedgefund manager and his cronies are all vampire zombies, and the PI has to : BOOM BOOM : his way out of the bar in Mexico
Quote by Fat Lard
Alright, its a film noir with a PI that starts in black and white, with a bit of vivids sparsed in like the subtle colors of Sin City.

Everything's going great, the case is being compiled, and the last piece of the puzzle somehow revolves around a hedge fund manager that specializes in a niche market of sweet-but-slightly-bitter/sour sodas and neurological studies, and they are meeting at a bar to discuss the hedge fund managers hearsay of an anonymous group talking of the PI's incident in question.

Suddenly BOOM turns out the hedgefund manager and his cronies are all vampire zombies, and the PI has to : BOOM BOOM : his way out of the bar in Mexico

that was pretty cool till the end tbh
clockwork orange is a fantastic book, i read the whole thing (all 21 chapters) in line two days, just did nothing but read. i haven't re-read it yet, and im reluctant to because it wont hit me as strongly the second time
Eat your pheasant
Drink your wine
Your days are numbered, bourgeois swine!
Quote by Bladez22
clockwork orange is a fantastic book, i read the whole thing (all 21 chapters) in line two days, just did nothing but read. i haven't re-read it yet, and im reluctant to because it wont hit me as strongly the second time

i've liked it on repeated readings because the language became much more natural to me and that made me empathize with the narrator in the kind of uncomfortable way that you have to
Quote by Eastwinn at #33794735
i've liked it on repeated readings because the language became much more natural to me and that made me empathize with the narrator in the kind of uncomfortable way that you have to

i didnt find the language that hard to pick up on tbh

but i'll give it another read soon, i need something else to do, im going insane
Eat your pheasant
Drink your wine
yeah i hear complaints about it often and i don't really relate to them. it only took a few chapters to start reading at regular speed

it's a huge feature of the book though
and as a linguistics fan boy obviously i think it's great but w/e fuck the h8rs
So this homeless guy is begging for money. He manages to scrape together a couple of dollars and buys a jacket at a thrift store. He also convinces a barber to give him a free shave and haircut, promising to repay him later. Then he pretends to be a charity worker, handing out a bunch pamphlets he got from a local church, and people feel more encouraged to give him donations. Things seem to be looking up for him until he is found out and arrested for fraud. In his defense, he states that he never deceived anyone, as 100% of the money collected went directly towards helping the homeless (ie. himself).

I can't think of an ending. Maybe he kills himself since he is deep in debt and everyone considers him untrustworthy.
Last edited by sashki at Jan 24, 2016,
Quote by sashki

I can't think of an ending.

murder
i have a huge interest in rhyming slang and other slang dialects, so i loved the book
Eat your pheasant
Drink your wine
Quote by Eastwinn
that was pretty cool till the end tbh

I was trying to do a loosely-based movie parody starring Quentin Tarantino, heh
Quote by sashki at #33794753
So this homeless guy is begging for money. He manages to scrape together a couple of dollars and buys a jacket at a thrift store. He also convinces a barber to give him a free shave and haircut, promising to repay him later. Then he pretends to be a charity worker, handing out a bunch pamphlets he got from a local church, and people feel more encouraged to give him donations. Things seem to be looking up for him until he is found out and arrested for fraud. In his defense, he states that he never deceived anyone, as 100% of the money collected went directly towards helping the homeless (ie. himself).

I can't think of an ending. Maybe he kills himself since he is deep in debt and everyone considers him untrustworthy.

Then he wakes up and it was all a dream and he's not even homeless.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Here's another equally stupid one:
A fake documentary about affluent middle-aged men who collect babies' rattles.
The movie begins by showing rattle enthusiasts meeting up at conventions. They talk about what makes a rattle desirable, the "golden age" of rattle design and the joy of collecting them. Some particularly rare models are shown to fetch thousands of dollars. At one point the interviewer jokingly asks a collector what his wife thinks of his hobby. He laughs it off. As the film progresses, it focusses less on the collectors and more on their families. Initially, their wives and children seem supportive, even if they don't fully understand it. Eventually, they are shown to be annoyed that their fathers and husbands are so absorbed by this strange hobby. Several of the interviewed collectors admit that their obsession cost them their marriage. The teenage children would prefer not to talk about their fathers. Towards the end, one woman cannot hold back her tears, thinking her husband has gone insane. She blames herself for marrying such an idiot.

The final shot is of a man in an empty room with no furniture. He sits down on the hardwood floor with a rattle in his hand. He shakes it a few times close to his ear, as if trying to hear something. He looks down at the rattle in his hands and sighs. Screen goes black. Credits roll.
Last edited by sashki at Jan 24, 2016,
Quote by sashki
The movie begins by showing rattle enthusiasts meeting up at conventions. They talk about what makes a rattle desirable, the "golden age" of rattle design and the joy of collecting them. Some particularly rare models are shown to fetch thousands of dollars. At one point the interviewer jokingly asks a collector what his wife thinks of his hobby. He laughs it off. As the film progresses, it focusses less on the collectors and more on their families. Initially, their wives and children seem supportive, even if they don't fully understand it. Eventually, they are shown to be annoyed that their fathers and husbands are so absorbed by this strange hobby. Several of the interviewed collectors admit that their obsession cost them their marriage. The teenage children would prefer not to talk about their fathers. Towards the end, one woman cannot hold back her tears, thinking her husband has gone insane. She blames herself for marrying such an idiot.

The final shot is of a man in an empty room with no furniture. He sits down on the hardwood floor with a rattle in his hand. He shakes it a few times close to his ear, as if trying to hear something. He looks down at the rattle in his hands and sighs. Screen goes black. Credits roll.

i'd watch that
i've got a lot of final shots in my head too. those are the best
Creative Writing was the only class I failed in high school, so I'm a shit writer.

But I did write a song for my sister.
Lyrics only so far, but I do have a few melodies going through my head trying to get something that fits.
If Eastwinn asks me to post it here I will, since he is the only one on here that knows the story behind it.
Go flip a coin
Last edited by CodeMonk at Jan 24, 2016,
Quote by sashki

Title suggestion: Million Dollar Babies
Life drama about three brothers dysfunctional brothers 33-39 years old.

Marty 33 - The youngest brother is a know it all type. lean but not athletic. He's been out of work for 18 months and recently moved home. He has a family, wife and two kids but moved back home with his mother while he gets on his feet. He can be a little bit socially inept and ultimately is too lazy to get a job. He micro-manages his kids and talks to his wife with such condescension she has grown to resent him. She is foreign and believes in marriage for life even if it's not a happy one. She picks up a little bit of work now and then but primarily looks after the kids. Marty plays on his computer, watches movies, and talks shit about astrophysics and the nature of the universe. He's intelligent but not as intelligent as he likes to think.

Alex - 39- Another brother is never out of work but a mess. Drinks too much. Never married but two kids to two different mothers, both of whom are batshit crazy selfish and vindictive. But he's always been that way. He has a big heart but is also pretty rough. He's a great dad but sometimes his drinking gets the better of him and his kids are getting older now and starting to express their dislike of their dad drinking. Alex is in denial. He's from a trade background and now in construction management. Swearing is a constant part of his speech patterns and is quite opinionated. He thinks his exes are poisoning his kids against him in regard to the drinking and won't acknowledge his issues.

Johnny 37 - The third brother is pretty messed up from a recently failed marriage and trying various means to bounce back and find his feet again. This varies from wild partying to depression and attempted revenge plots against his ex wife. He has just been diagnosed with cancer and hasn't told anyone yet. He's trying to come to terms with it and has developed a crush on the 17 year old neighbour whom he feels is the only person he's been able to really talk to about stuff. He works but his work is suffering on account of the depression he just doesn't care so procrastinates and then has some sudden deadlines that need to be met and still puts it off.

After setting the scene and unfolding the characters stories a little bit there is a culmination as Alex has work the following day but also has his kids and needs someone to watch his kids for a few hours while he attends a couple of meetings. He calls johnny first but Johnny can't because he's been putting work off for so long he has a deadline looming and it's his last day to get anything done.

So Alex calls Marty's wife and she says she will look after them but Marty gets on the phone and says no. He says he has looked after Alex's kids all the time and that he's sick of it. He's not Alex's personal babysitter and tells Alex he needs to sort his shit out. because he's not good at confrontation he delivers his "No" message in an aggressive over the top firm manner.

Alex doesn't respond well and gets very upset. The meeting would lead to a six month project on which he would be able to get Marty some labouring work. Marty's wife has been using Alex's car for the last several months since moving back home (because Alex was DQd from driving on account of drinking). Not only does Alex feel he's been helping Marty out but also doesn't see any reason why they can't help out since they aren't doing anything anyway. It's not like Marty does anything all day. An argument ensues.

Alex stews on the argument and vents to Johnny who stops by that night. He's had a couple of drinks but isn't off his face yet. He goes on about how he is going to "smash Marty's face in" and that someone needs to tell him how much of a dick he is that he can't live with his head in the clouds and has to face up to life and get a fucking job...etc etc.

Johnny tries to talk Alex down but also doesn't understand Marty's reluctance to help out. He offers to take the kids for a few hours the following day. And tells Alex he will talk to Marty. But Marty says he will.

Blah blah blah...

That weekend Alex sees Marty and tells him what he thinks. An argument ensues and when Alex sees there's no getting through to Marty he lashes out and punches him in the head. Marty goes stiff and drops. Alex stands over him swearing at him while Johnny runs in from outside too late to stop the fight just in time to see the punch. He pushes past Alex and tends to an unconscious Marty. Marty won't wake up so they call an ambulance. Alex starts to see that it's pretty bad and just leaves.

Marty dies. Alex goes to Jail.

Johnny delays his chemo for a bit but tells his neighbour about his cancer. He says there's a chance that the treatment won't work and he might die. Once the treatment is started he will get sick and be weak. He tells her he is in love with her and wants to spend the last night before his treatment with her...

Anyway I could go on and on and on developing this story more and more but those are some basic ideas. Dysfunctional family drama. The trick is to tell the story with some serious emotional weight while also delivering some truly hilarious situations regularly throughout as well as some dry humour.

Another story idea was about a hedhgehog's revenge.

Some teenagers have gone up to the scouthall one night and broken in. They're drinking and having fun being teenagers. On the walk home down a road through the woods they come across two hedgehogs which one of them starts kicking down the road like a soccer ball. They then kick it off the side of the road down a hill. There is wood and shrubbery surrounding the road. It is where a local mad scientist (or whatever) has been dumping his waste material.

The hedgehog dies but the other hedgehog, his brother, runs after him and rolls down the bank to be with him. While with his brother he swears vengeance. He gets exposed to the waste and for some reason it has an effect on him. He becomes very intelligent develops psychic powers and can access the minds of other hedgehogs seeing their memories and instructing them telepathically. He comes across an old reclusive drunk that thinks the hedgehog is a hallucination of an unhealthy mind but accepts his hallucination and treats it as though it were real (which it actually is). The old hermit has an obsession with old kung fu movies and for the next fifteen years the hedgehog grows to become four feet tall learns to talk and to read and he studies, trains, and adapts kung fu to suit his unique strengths and weaknesses. Then the hermit disappears one day without explanation. The hedgehog grieves the loss of his friend and teacher. He is distracted from his grief by some noise and notices some drunken teenagers kicking a hedgehog like a soccer ball. He remembers a forgotten promise he made to his dying brother and goes berserk killing all the kids. He then sets out on a mission to find the kids from all those years ago that killed his brother and kill them all one by one. The image of their faces (and I don't know their scent or something) he sets out on his mission of revenge.

~~~Yeah, I daydream a lot. By the way I'll sue for damages if you steal my bad ideas and make them good
Si
Quote by sashki

Sequel Idea that runs a huge deficit, and disappoints film critics and the cult following:

All of the families' savings were tied into rattles, but new advances in technology and children's toys shakes the market dead. But it turns out that the fathers pooled their funds together to purchase the fabled Holy Grail of Rattles: it turns out this specific rattle's sound was produced by the rarest of the gemstones.

Now multiple families must fight in legal battles to claim The Rattle for themselves. It was discovered that some of the funds used to acquire The Rattle was produced by overvaluing past rattle trades by a good number of the families.

Distraught, the affected families -- seeing it as unfair that the sins of the fathers have visited the children -- plot vengeance. In:

Million Dollar Babies : Rattled 2 The Grave
Then they wake up and actually was babies so playing with rattles wasn't even weird.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
So, Adam Sandler is like.......coaching the local little league hockey team...........and then some stuff happens.....and Steve Buscemi comes out and is like..........
I thought of one last night but im not gonna type it all out on my phone.

one idea that I've let stew in my mind is a short story thriller. Basically theres a detective investigating some crime, a string of murders or a dissapearance or something like that. The entire story takes place in the space of 5 minutes as he's driving to a suspects home to ask them questions. The detective is so close to cracking the case and hes thinking over the evidence as he exits his car and walks up the driveway To the door. He knocks on the door and then notices some clue that had evaded him before, but its a key bit of evidence that solves the crime and implicates the man who's door he just knocked on. Stunned, the door opens, the perpetrator is standing before him. "Hello detective" he snarls before revealing the glint of a Letter opener that he thrusts through the detectives fleshy neck, pulling him inside as he does.

It needs a bit more work but I've never really bothered to try and put it tp paper, maybe I should.
Quote by Mr E Meat
this is your brain

this is your brain on RT

Quote by Standard_A440
Given that you reside in the shade of the natural light of reason, I will defer doing your homework to you.
So get this; a killer robot driving instructor who travels back in time for some reason. This robot, he's got a heartbreaking decision to make about whether his best friend lives ... or dies. His best friend is a talking pie.
Thinking of calling it "The Terminizor".
Quote by GuitarGod_92 at #33794711
I can't help that my life is so unfortunate that I was born 2 months too late to be born in the year of my favorite number

it is pretty great
Quote by eGraham at #33794719

also 92 was the best year hmu

huu
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Last edited by WCPhils at Jan 25, 2016,
Quote by UltimateGuizar
So get this; a killer robot driving instructor who travels back in time for some reason. This robot, he's got a heartbreaking decision to make about whether his best friend lives ... or dies. His best friend is a talking pie.
Thinking of calling it "The Terminizor".

I get this reference.
o()o

Quote by JamSessionFreak
yes every night of my entire life i go to bed crying because i wasnt born american
I used to write a lot and had loads of ideas for novels but I never wrote anything longer than 2 chapters plus bits of dialogue/descriptions. I loved fleshing characters/situations out but never actually had enough self-discipline to stick with one storyline.

a lot of them explored how you can perceive the same entity in numerous ways
cat
pseudo-sci-fi-thriller short story

man wakes up, has retrograde amnesia doesn't know where he is or how he got there etc. abandoned city. there are mannequins and operating machinery, running water, etc. all infrastructure is functional and automated, but there is no human life. after some time (maybe like after he falls asleep or dies or something) he wakes up again with amnesia. this happens over and over again. each time he wakes up he loses more and more of his memory. he begins to lose knowledge of culture, reading, language, etc. eventually he is essentially a caveman. once he reaches a 'first human' state of intelligence, he starts to retain knowledge. he learns to make fire, invents the wheel, etc. there are several other peoples that have been going through the same thing, and eventually they meet up, repopulate the earth, etc.

im watching twilight zone so you know
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
Quote by Baby Joel
im watching twilight zone so you know

i knew that right when i saw 'abandoned city' and 'mannequin'
Page 1 of 2