Page 1 of 8
Ya'll know the drill. And if you don't, here are the details I guess (copied shamelessly from the previous planning thread):

The basic idea is that you guys write some original songs with the single restriction that they need to be acoustically arranged (we're a little bit lenient on that, though... I'll elaborate later in the post), then you submit them and we compile them all into a super-rad album.

I'll be running this project along with SGstriker, so if you have any questions or whatever feel free to ask either of us.

If you want to participate just let me know. Also, please sticky this thread so that you can stay up to date with everything going on.

The Details
-Submissions can't be covers. Original songs only. Instrumentals are ok.
-Feel free to submit old songs. You don't have to write something new for this.
-One submission per person. This rule is subject to change depending on how many people participate.
-Collabs are cool! If you want to collaborate on a submission with other UGers that's totally fine.
-IMPORTANT: To submit your song, post a link to download your track. Keep in mind that your songs should be in in one of the following file formats: .wav, .aif or .flac. This is so that once the album is finished we can release it on bandcamp. Also, when you post a link to your song, please include your artist name (this will be either your username, your real name, or some sort of other artist name that you want to be credited under) and the name of your song.
-What counts as "acoustic"?
-The focus of the song needs to be on an acoustic instrument.
-Electric and acoustic basses are both acceptable.
-VST samples are allowed. Drum samples must be of acoustic drums/percussion. Orchestral/bowed instrument samples are allowed but cannot be used as the driving force on the track. Keyboards are also allowed to be used to emulate strings/piano.
-Keep to more natural-sounding effects when tracking or mixing (echo, reverb, compression, light chorus or phase, etc).

Deadline
TBD (probably late April, though)

Participants*
Jon777
SGstriker
ehbacon
nico_9550
xTURTLENECKx
whywefight
K'Nuckles
MeGaDeth2314
Grey Dynasty
StewieSwan
ultimate-slash
slipknot5678
Kryptos
mind_meld
Shotgunmerc
Lord-O-Donuts
hamett91
Weaponized
korinaflyingv
TV-Casualty
Harlot Hero
chev311e
vintage x metal
SaintsofNowhere
CaptainCadmium
DempseyPunk
skylerjames13
AllJudasPriest
SirZep

*participants who've sent in a song are colored in green

UG Community Acoustic Albums Bandcamp

planning thread for album 1
release thread for the first album
planning thread for album 2
release thread for the second album
Last edited by Jon777 at Jul 1, 2016,
I want in. I've been meaning to contribute to this for years but I never seem to see the planning thread and then I forget
I'm in, loved doing it last year.

Anyone needs to add any piano to their track, I'm down to do a bit of a collab
AWWWW SHIIIIIIT.
excited for this
Seattle Seahawks

Quote by chookiecookie
i feel like you have an obsession with aubrey plaza.

Quote by WCPhils
at least we can all agree SGstriker is the woooooooooooooooooooooorst
I'm in. I could do a collab if someone wants to do one with me.
Edit: Can we upload to Bandcamp?
Last edited by Kryptos at Jan 25, 2016,
Quote by slipknot5678
I'd be down but idk if I can find a way to record

I usually just record riffs n shit on a phone, or use a ipad. I'd be keen but I have no way to record at the moment.
SANDBLAST YOURSELF.

Quote by i_lovemetallica
If you think Gollum was sober with his whole "Gollum/Smeagol" thing and thinking he was invisible with the ring, then you need to remove the cotton wool from your eyes.

Wake up sheeple.

Sunaj
Quote by Lord-O-Donuts
I was bored

I approve of this message.

Not enough dick drawings tho
Seattle Seahawks

Quote by chookiecookie
i feel like you have an obsession with aubrey plaza.

Quote by WCPhils
at least we can all agree SGstriker is the woooooooooooooooooooooorst
Quote by Kryptos
Can we upload to Bandcamp?

Yup

Quote by Kryptos
Where do we post the links to the songs?

Feel free to post it here, or PM it to me

Quote by Shotgunmerc
If I could submit a demo of what I'm working on now and see if it counts/if anyone would like to help me out with the percussion section, would that be cool?

Go for it, dude. I might be able to help you out with the percussion, depends on how busy I am in the next few months though

Quote by Lord-O-Donuts
I was bored

This is way rad my favorite cover art so far
Quote by Jon777 at #33797514
Go for it, dude. I might be able to help you out with the percussion, depends on how busy I am in the next few months though

https://soundcloud.com/davemw/unnamed-song

Here's what I have so far. It's pretttttttty much written, just needs a guitar solo at the end, and then I'll be reprising a section on piano and then that'll be it.

I don't know how I feel about the percussion part tbh, I think some parts are golden but others are maybe a bit much. In any case, I'd need a way to record it so the final product isn't TuxGuitar. I could probably do the guitar/piano parts myself

Thanks in advance for whatever you might offer me
If anyone needs instruments recorded hmu. Acoustic, orchestral, piano, etc
Check out my band Disturbed
I'd be up for this but it'd be recorded in one take on a phone so if that's not legit-sounding enough that's cool.