So need some help I was recently gifted quite a view pedals including a JOYO plx 4 ( 4 channel looper) so these are the pedals I have , tuner , wah,flanger,, wireless system, tubescreamer, 2 delay pedals, a chorus, and a clean boost. How should I run this with my
Looper? Any help would be great
Well it would help to know what kind of amp you have, especially if it has an FX loop.

If you do have a loop you'll probably want this order:

Wireless -> tuner -> clean boost/wah/tubescreamer (order for those 3 is preference) -> amp FX loop out -> flanger/chorus -> delay -> looper -> FX loop in

If you don't have an FX loop (or don't want to use it) just ignore the "FX loop out/in" and go from there.

Now whether or not you put modulation effects or delays in the loop is preference, but with the looper if you don't put it in the FX loop then you can't, for example, record a clean loop pattern and turn the distortion on your amp on and solo over that. If the looper is before the amp the amp will shape whatever tone is coming out of the looper, so if you recorded something clean then turned the distortion on then the recorded pattern would then be distorted. The same goes for anything you put after the looper, which is why it really should be dead last.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Last edited by Kevin Saale at Jan 24, 2016,
We'll also want to know the actual models, since buffering and interactions are not universal.
I have a black star ht 50, and it does have a fx loop but I rather not use it. Also it isn't that kind of looper it's a looper in the sense that it is able to program a bunch of pedals to go on at once. You can see it at http://joyoaudio.com/mobile/pshow.php?pid=26&cid=54&id=186

Quote by Kevin Saale
Well it would help to know what kind of amp you have, especially if it has an FX loop.

If you do have a loop you'll probably want this order:

Wireless -> tuner -> clean boost/wah/tubescreamer (order for those 3 is preference) -> amp FX loop out -> flanger/chorus -> delay -> looper -> FX loop in

If you don't have an FX loop (or don't want to use it) just ignore the "FX loop out/in" and go from there.

Now whether or not you put modulation effects or delays in the loop is preference, but with the looper if you don't put it in the FX loop then you can't, for example, record a clean loop pattern and turn the distortion on your amp on and solo over that. If the looper is before the amp the amp will shape whatever tone is coming out of the looper, so if you recorded something clean then turned the distortion on then the recorded pattern would then be distorted. The same goes for anything you put after the looper, which is why it really should be dead last.
Quote by Roc8995
We'll also want to know the actual models, since buffering and interactions are not universal.

Line6 g30 wireless
Crybaby 535q
JOYO:
Vintage over drive
Rated boost
Time magic (delay)
Quattro (delay)
Flanger
Tuner
Future chorus

All JOYO are true bypass

And the looper is a plx 4 ( it's not a playback looper)
Gotcha, well, you'd have to read up how that thing works and decide what combinations of effects you want and program it all in.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
I mean, you can set it up however you want. We can't tell you what will work best for you. Obviously the wireless unit just goes into the input, no point in looping that. Probably same for the tuner.

For the loops, just group stuff together that you usually use together. I'd put the delays in separate loops, probably the same with the OD and the boost unless you use them together often. I like putting a wah in its own loop, or with a boost/buffer, to prevent the frequent 'is it on' issue. Basically this thing lets you turn on a bunch of pedals at once, so figure out which ones you turn on together and put them in a loop. Beyond that,
Quote by JazzyJaymes
I have a black star ht 50, and it does have a fx loop but I rather not use it.

Why?
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/