Any recommendations for pickups for a semi hollow epiphone LP? Looking for versatility for the most part. Play mostly metal/rock but cleans are very important as well. I keep my schecter with EMG's down a whole step so this one stays in standard and occasionally a half step down.

I'd like them to be affordable and easy to get. As much as Id love some BKP's in this, I don't think i can afford them.

One thing I want to try and fix is that I find that the stock pickups lack body and clarity. The neck is a little muddy and the bridge just doesn't really have the bite and clarity I'm looking for. They also give a decent amount of feedback (I assume this is somewhat normal because its hollow but I'm hoping a good set of pups will help a little).

Also, I'd prefer them to be able to be coil split as it came stock like that and I use it often with my schecter and the LP
What do you mean by affordable? Duncans or GFS?

Duncan SH-5, SH-11, SH-6 in the bridge and an SH-2 or SH-1 in the neck are worth considering. P-rails are cool too but a very different flavor.
I consider affordable to be duncan and dimarzio type range. maybe $150 ish max for a set?

Anyone have any experience with the jake bowen signatures titans from dimarzio?
Last edited by andrerist at Jan 24, 2016,
The Sentient/Pegasus combo will do that, and sound amazing with tuning really low (and extended range as well). The lows are nice and tight, while they are versatile enough to do clean, non-compressed stuff too.
Dave @ Seymour Duncan
For $200, you could get a set of RailHammers or Lace Alumitones.

There's a few pickups in the RailHammer family, with pickups that range from PAF style voice to high output passive, and roughly analogous HB-sized P90s.

In Alumitones, you basically have the standard ones and the Deathbuckers. And even the Deathbuckers are cleeeeean. Bonus: Alumitones are much lighter than traditional pickups.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Last edited by dannyalcatraz at Jan 25, 2016,
Quote by Tom 1.0
Emgz

Blackoutz.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
I like tge Gibson Burstbuckers. Get a 2 at the neck and 3 at the bridge. It's what I'm about to put in my epi. Pretty versatile and can do anything you want. I have no idea what they cost though.
Originally posted by Joshua Garcia
I just come here to dick around.
And maybe occasionally wave my dick around.

My D is major
Andrerist,

What year is your Epiphone semi-hollow LP?
What Amp(s) are you using it with?
Mustang v2 III/IV●EXP-1●FUSE●REMUDA●Yamaha THR10C
Epi LP Florentine Pro●LP Cstm Pros●LP PlusTop Pro●Sheraton-II Pro
Cstm Strat Vntg Noiseless●Guild D-55
So Creek Cables●BOSS RC-1●RS7500
D'Addario Strings●Vari-Grip●Planet Lock Straps
Quote by MusicLaw
Andrerist,

What year is your Epiphone semi-hollow LP?
What Amp(s) are you using it with?

guitar is about 6 months old. And I run everything through amplitube
Quote by andrerist
guitar is about 6 months old. And I run everything through amplitube
Are you referring to an Epiphone Les Paul Florentine? If so, what are the first four numbers of the serial number on the back of the headstock?
Quote by MusicLaw
Are you referring to an Epiphone Les Paul Florentine? If so, what are the first four numbers of the serial number on the back of the headstock?

yes, that is the guitar. I'm at school right now and don't have it with me. It was purchased in july so its not all that old
If your Florentine's S/N begins with 14 (or higher) it was built after Epi introduced the ProBucker pickups in 2013 and very likely has Probuckers in it. Other than actually checking the labeling on the back of each Pickup, the Serial Number is a good indicator.

Just as with many of Epi's LPs made before the ProBuckers were introduced, there are plenty of new ones from those manufacturing years still in the distribution channel being sold that do not have ProBuckers installed. The July time frame of your purchase last year, does not conclusively indicate if the actual pickups are ProBuckers.

If you replace them, and they indeed are ProBuckers, and want to sell them feel free to let me know. I have ProBuckers in all my Guitars (not the Strat) and they give me all the tones I need.
Last edited by MusicLaw at Feb 2, 2016,