sounds like a good idea
Eat your pheasant
Drink your wine
Your days are numbered, bourgeois swine!
foolproof

don't know why people hadn't thought of this before
superman is killing himself tonight

dna drama coming up

Quote by Aeolian Harmony
plot twist - He was actually French.

And the horses ate each other.
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
who is the unknown solider?
Eat your pheasant
Drink your wine
Your days are numbered, bourgeois swine!
Quote by mattedbird
and match it to who?

The NSA probably has everyone's DNA already.

On a more serious note, The Unknown Soldier is a symbol that should be kept "alive".
Although there are probably a lot of families who's loved ones never returned from war wondering if that could be their son/brother/husband.
That may give them some form of closure, albeit maybe a minimal one.
Last edited by CodeMonk at Jan 24, 2016,
Quote by CodeMonk
The NSA probably has everyone's DNA already.

On a more serious note, The Unknown Soldier is a symbol that should be kept "alive".
Although there are probably a lot of families who's loved ones never returned from war wondering if that could be their son/brother/husband.
That may give them some form of closure, albeit maybe a minimal one.

ww 1 , twas a nice idea but everybody he knew is dead.w/ dna test and a little work?.... ,he deserves to be known .They can still have the tomb w/ him in it Bill Riley,the unknown soldier
What if it's actually been Jimmy Hoffa's body this whole time.
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
Quote by yope
ww 1 , twas a nice idea but everybody he knew is dead.w/ dna test and a little work?.... ,he deserves to be known .They can still have the tomb w/ him in it Bill Riley,the unknown soldier

How does the world's knowing benefit? From a name in a wikipedia article cementing his good deed? For successive generation's family to gain book deals?
Novel idea but identifying the soldier sort of undermines the symbolism
Quote by Fat Lard
How does the world's knowing benefit? From a name in a wikipedia article cementing his good deed? For successive generation's family to gain book deals?

just for him , you should not trivialize dead soldiers , or even just the dead .muster a little respect maybe
The anonymity is key, and the symbolism should remain. With our Tomb of the Unknown Warrior, Elizabeth, the Queen Mother laid down her wedding bouquet upon it. Her brother was listed as one of the missing during WWI. How many families have offered similar acts of respect to their loved ones? And even those without relatives who were lost in war, who give respect to unknown soldiers? By identifying the remains, all of that is undermined.
Quote by Deliriumbassist
The anonymity is key, and the symbolism should remain. With our Tomb of the Unknown Warrior, Elizabeth, the Queen Mother laid down her wedding bouquet upon it. Her brother was listed as one of the missing during WWI. How many families have offered similar acts of respect to their loved ones? And even those without relatives who were lost in war, who give respect to unknown soldiers? By identifying the remains, all of that is undermined.

I never thought of the tomb of the unknown soldier as a representation honoring all the unknown dead. I thought of it as glorifying one unknown soldier in his bravery. So you make a very good point.
Huh. The truth would undermine an illusion!
they're coming to take me away
ha-haaa
Quote by yope
I never thought of the tomb of the unknown soldier as a representation honoring all the unknown dead. I thought of it as glorifying one unknown soldier in his bravery. So you make a very good point.

Yeah, the overall idea of the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier is to represent the faceless service members who have died.

I thought this thread was a joke at first.
My God, it's full of stars!
That would ruin it. From Wikipedia: "The
anonymity of the entombed soldier is the key symbolism of
the monument; it could be the tomb of anyone who fell in
service of the nation, and therefore serves as a monument
symbolizing all of the sacrifices."
Quote by iwannabesedated at #33795133
At least one of them has already been identified.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Blassie

The Medal of Honor bestowed upon him as the Vietnam Unknown was not transferred to Blassie after his remains were identified

;|
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

You realise not just the UK or US has the Unknown Soldier right?

Most countries that participated in large scale warfare have them, as a symbol to those who were forever lost.

But great idea yope, can't believe no one thought about this before
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
‘Cause there's nothing here for you my dear
And everything must pass
hmm im not sure if we have this

Monument to the Unknown French Soldier, French Revolution Square in Ljubljana

oh right. best square

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
uboga gmajna, le vpup, le vkup,
le vkup, le vkup z menoj,
staro pravdo v mrak tulimo,
da se pretulimo skozi to zimo
Last edited by JamSessionFreak at Jan 25, 2016,
You know you play too much CoD when you wanna suggest making a steam name longer than 3 characters to prevent this problem.
Quote by Lord-O-Donuts
You know you play too much CoD when you play it at all.

ftfy
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'