Hi,

I'm looking to buy a new guitar with a budget around 850-900 USD max.
It has to be an acoustic with a pickup. I have been playing for 7 years and I would consider myself as an experienced player. Any ideas are much appreciated and I'm sorry if I forgot to mention anything important.

Regards
Nikolas
Taylor 100 and 200 series. I have liked them better than their more expensive series that I have tried, and any deterioration in the guitar's action due to string tension is very easily and cheaply fixed because of the bolt-on neck design.

Tone is a matter of personal taste. Taylors have a big, bright, open sound that can be mellowed a bit by choosing the right strings.
Thank you! I'll be looking around a bit more so I'll have an overview of all the posibilities. Any other suggestions are still appreciated. The more the better! Thanks again.
With that budget it's hard to go wrong. There are so many excellent quality guitars on the market these days that it is really a case of buying the one you like best in terms of sound, playability and looks.

And the best way to do that is to go along to a good store and play as many guitars as you can.
Quote by nik190198
Thank you! I'll be looking around a bit more so I'll have an overview of all the possibilities. Any other suggestions are still appreciated. The more the better! Thanks again.
Well, you have Epiphone's "Masterbilt: series to consider. These have stereo electronics by "Shadow", and are solid wood.

The "Seagull S-6 Original Q1" is another possibility. Any one of Godin's product lines has something to offer in the price range you seek. Unfortunately, I'm unfamiliar with them enough to not be able to make any specific recommendation.

"Recording King" and "Blueridge" are two other names which are often discussed.

Guild's import line, the "Westerly" (formerly "GAD"), series are also alleged to be very, very, nice.

That should you busy for quite a while.

Although I think it's good that you want, "as many suggestions as possible", the unfortunate consequence of that is, it sometimes makes the final decision a bit more difficult..
Quote by Captaincranky

Although I think it's good that you want, "as many suggestions as possible", the unfortunate consequence of that is, it sometimes makes the final decision a bit more difficult..

Yup, you are definitely right about that! I'll have a look around, thanks :-)
I second the Taylor 100 series. Great stuff! Plus after reading the neck reset thread it makes even more sense.