Wow, I come here a lot.

Anyway, I have an assessment coming up for my online music course at school. The exact wording for the assignment is:

1. Perform TWO selections near the end of your General Music course to demonstrate the skills and knowledge you have gained.

2. Please complete a self-reflection Performance rubric to accompany your performance.

Performance rubric for instruments you tune
Performance rubric for non-tuned instruments (piano, etc.)

What types of songs/pieces should I perform? Perform songs that you have learned in your lessons. It is better if the songs are ones that are very secure (in other words, not ones that you just started the week before. :-) ) It is preferable if the pieces are of an artistic nature, meaning that there are expressive elements in them. The pieces should contrast in style.

Is it all right to use popular music? If this is the music that you have been learning, then yes. However, I have found that a lot of these songs don't have any dynamic or articulation markings. Since expression is important, I am expecting students to include dynamics and articulations into their performances.

My teacher knows I'm a metalhead, so she's cool with me doing metal songs . She says that depending on the technicality of the solo, I could use a solo as one piece (she has some guitar education herself). So, one of my pieces will be the second solo in Victim by Avenged Sevenfold.

My question is this: can you recommend some intermediate metal songs in Drop D, Drop C#, or Drop C?

Please, no metalcore songs, I'm not a fan of metalcore, despite the fact that I love Drop C tuning.

I like Avenged Sevenfold, Black Veil Brides, Disturbed, Breaking Benjamin, Red, Five Finger Death Punch, some Slipknot, some Slash (his solo stuff).

That's just to give you an idea of something that I'd enjoy playing. The song doesn't HAVE to be these bands; it's just to give you a style of metal to keep in mind.

A lot of my music is full of shred, so finding something reasonable has been pretty difficult
I find it weird you're looking for something in a certain tuning and not just adapting the tuning to something you want to play. I mean, I could tell you I love to play Oblivion or Crack The Skye by Mastodon, but if you have to play them and you've never heard those songs, what good are they?
Stupid thread is stupid.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
You say you don't like metalcore but you said you like A7X? They are the definition of a girly metalcore band lol.

Anyway I would recommend Like Light to Flies by Trivium, Take This Oath by Killswitch Engage and Idols and Anchors by Parkway Drive.
My Gear:
Ibanez Jet King 2
Ibanez RGDIX7 MPB
Ibanez GRG 7221
OLP John Petrucci
Epiphone Les Paul Custom Pro
Squier Stratocaster (modified)
Harley Benton CLD-41S (Acoustic)

Peavey Vypyr 30.

Boss CH-1 Super Chorus
Boss DD-3 Digital Delay
Boss FRV-1 '63 Fender Reverb
Why does it need to be in a dropped tuning, is it "heavier" to you?
Baby Joel's rabbit profile picture is kinda cute. #TeamJOEL
Quote by PiercedBand
Why does it need to be in a dropped tuning, is it "heavier" to you?

Judging by the choice of music and the fact it is for school, I think he is young and going through the drop tune and chug on open strings phase.

Didn't you know that repetitive palm muted zeroes to he drum beat is the most brutal and heavy way to play guitar?
My Gear:
Ibanez Jet King 2
Ibanez RGDIX7 MPB
Ibanez GRG 7221
OLP John Petrucci
Epiphone Les Paul Custom Pro
Squier Stratocaster (modified)
Harley Benton CLD-41S (Acoustic)

Peavey Vypyr 30.

Boss CH-1 Super Chorus
Boss DD-3 Digital Delay
Boss FRV-1 '63 Fender Reverb
Mastodon's Oblivion is the perfect choice in drop C. It has a nice and very pleasant modal interchange between C aeolian and C phrygian, and the verse riff is a lovely demonstration of 3/4 meter (done in 16ths). The solo is very tasteful too, it's a tasteful homage to classic prog with a very unique modern twist. The track a beautiful opener to one of the greatest progressive albums of the '00s, and anyone would be very impressed with a playthrough of it.
Quote by N1ghtmar3C1n3ma
Judging by the choice of music and the fact it is for school, I think he is young and going through the drop tune and chug on open strings phase.

Didn't you know that repetitive palm muted zeroes to he drum beat is the most brutal and heavy way to play guitar?

I'm 15, the assessment is for Grade 10. I'm not in a 'drop and chug' phase. No, I do not like djent (palm muted zeroes to he drum beat).

*THE drum beat (if you are going to insult me, try to be grammatically correct, otherwise you greatly weaken your argument)

What is wrong with me liking Drop C? It's the perfect tuning for guitar, imo. You get the easy power chords, and the heavy lows, but you're not sacrificing too much high for melodic playing/soloing. Drop C doesn't HAVE to be for metalcore.

I'm not into 'br00t4l' metal and shit. Death, Grind, Black whatever it's called, idc. It's just...bad.

I like to keep my Satanism and my music separate lol jk

Why is the Internet full of assholes?
Quote by toateridax2010

I'm 15, the assessment is for Grade 10. I'm not in a 'drop and chug' phase. No, I do not like djent (palm muted zeroes to he drum beat).

*THE drum beat (if you are going to insult me, try to be grammatically correct, otherwise you greatly weaken your argument)

What is wrong with me liking Drop C? It's the perfect tuning for guitar, imo. You get the easy power chords, and the heavy lows, but you're not sacrificing too much high for melodic playing/soloing. Drop C doesn't HAVE to be for metalcore.

I'm not into 'br00t4l' metal and shit. Death, Grind, Black whatever it's called, idc. It's just...bad.

I like to keep my Satanism and my music separate lol jk

Why is the Internet full of assholes?
That's a typo, not a grammatical error. And the only people who regard that as a weakened argument are those who have no other means to refute it.

Also, 7 or 8 string > drop C.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
Since you "come here a lot" and are happy to dismiss others for grammar mistakes, maybe you could at least post in the right section?