I couldn't find anything on this so I thought I'd ask.
What guitar brands tend to use thick round necks(I.e. The opposite of an Ibanez neck) and also have JUMBO frets? I'm looking to get another guitar to have set up in another tuning, but I don't want to spend a lot(bout $200). I've heard Schecter's do, but I don't know anything about Dean, Jackson, BC Rich, or Epiphone(I've heard bad things about Epiphone, but that just makes me want to try them for myself).
I don't need any info on Fender or Gibson, and I also know that this may be model specific, so any suggestions would help. Oh and going to a store isn't an option, but that would be the smartest thing to do.
Schecters don't have huge necks, contrary to popular belief. Epiphone may do what you want but I'd do it with more than $200 invested.

$200 isn't really gonna get you what you're looking for.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by dthmtl3
Jacksons have thin necks. BC Rich have thick necks.

I wouldn't say BCR have thick necks.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
I see. I'm not looking for much, I plan on buying used and assume there'd be need for a pickup upgrade after. I was mainly looking for a guitar I could build on over time. I'll check out Epiphone, tho some say the have small frets, others say large…
My faded SG is like a baseball bat. Neck is nice cuz it's satin finish.
According to Guitar Center's website,

my ESP LTD MH-50 has Jumbo frets.

I dunno about fat necks though. Never really felt a difference. (I only own two guitars: a terrible kit guitar, and my better guitar: my MH-50)

As for drop tuning, I have my MH-50 set on Drop C (CGCFAD), its doing fine, even with all my dive attempts with the Floyd rose. Aside from a the C (the higher one) popping out every now and then (repairable), Its done a good job in playing in that tuning.
Last edited by Parac at Jan 25, 2016,
Never heard a bad thing about LTD's! I'm one of the few that like the forest body's 😀
I know a guy on eBay retrofits 7 strings to play like a classical 6 string.
My Soundcloud dudes
Recording gear:
Yahama Hs8
Saffire Pro 40
Shure Sm57
Shure Sm7b

Guitar gear :
Ebmm BFR7
Axe fx XL+
Walrus audio Janus
Ibanez Ergodyne
Black Market Custom cab
Quote by oneblackened
I wouldn't say BCR have thick necks.

my Eagle disagrees with you. the necks are certainly wider than usual and are on the thick side.
I immediately thought of the Brian may guitar. Supposed to have a big fat neck and I know has really short scale length shorter than the Gibson I believe, so there you go
Quote by Dead_Gardens
I see. I'm not looking for much, I plan on buying used and assume there'd be need for a pickup upgrade after. I was mainly looking for a guitar I could build on over time. I'll check out Epiphone, tho some say the have small frets, others say large…

Don't waste money putting aftermarket pickups in a $200 guitar. Pickups don't make an expensive guitar.

Now that we have that out of the way, you can buy a $300 guitar.
Gibson RD Silverburst w/ Lace Dissonant Aggressors (SOLD)
Electra Omega Prime Ceruse
Fender Franken-Jag Bass

Amps and the like:
Laney VH100R
Seismic Luke 2x12
Dunlop 105Q Wah
Gojira FX 808
Line 6 M9