I really want to play this song https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7r1WfR_NBwE on acoustic guitar, but I can't figure out the strumming pattern!

Intro : Am C C/B (6x)

Am Y'a une pierre au C/B fond du lac ou mon amour est en Am dormi

C Il y a un lac en bas C/B du pont ou il a Am pleuré

C Mais si un jour il C/B décide de remonter à la Am surface

C Peut-être bien que C/B j'vais pouvoir le Am consoler.

C C/B Am
Le ciel était si beau avant que tu emmènes la pluie
C C/B Am
Mais on s'habitue à être inondé
C C/B Am
Les fleurs et le soleil me manquent le long de la journée
C C/B Am
Redonnes-moi tout ce que tu m'as prit.

Instrumental : C C/B Am C/B Am (10x)

ENDING: C Qu'est-ce que je vais C/B faire pour Am oublier ?

Rest of the chords can be found here: http://www.boiteachansons.net/Partitions/Feufollet/Au-fond-du-lac.php#Accords

What is the strumming pattern? I don't know a lot of music terminology but what is the speed or the "UDU?" Thanks!

P.S. New here, so I hope this is the right place to post.
Last edited by JSWDavidson at Jan 25, 2016,
Quote by JSWDavidson
P.S. New here, so I hope this is the right place to post.

Unfortunately, (IMHO), there is no correct place to post this question.

I'm sort of a hard nose, believing that if you have a picture and recording of a song, part of being a guitar player, is simply being able to mimic what you hear.

From a historical, (and technical), standpoint, I really wouldn't be able to write, "D,U, D, D, U" for songs built on purely rhythm patterns such as, "Pinball Wizard", or "I Fought the Law. It has been done, but then even the tab requires you to be able to read music, if only from the standpoint of note, (or rather "strum") length.

You have to feel it, and you have to practice it. Here you're involving the question of whether or not you're trying to sing it at the same time. In which case, it takes even more practice.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help.
I Can relate alot to what captain said, you shouldn't, and no one should worry about when to downstroke vs upstroke when transcribing a song. So this is how i would transcribe the strumming pattern, you want to hear what he/she's doing, and this what you do, i'm about to sound like a weirdo, but i can bet that's what everyone did before music came in videos.

First : Decide what the time signature is, if that's too difficult you can get away with it if you know the song very well. Best way to do that is, have the song playing and tap the tempo as you feel it, to me it sounds like 4/4 100bpm ( Don't quote me on this )

Strumming pattern : " TA tata TA tata TA tata tatatata" that's how it feels to me at the very beginning, and yes i either sing it this way either in my head or out loud. the TA is the longer one, quarter note , tata is the subdivided one ( probably down up ) as an eighth note . no count what i just sound, that fills 2 measures, and so on, i only heard the very beginning so i don't know how it changes, but if it were me i'd play
"down downup down downup down downupdownup "

Good luck