Page 1 of 10
http://www.thecollegefix.com/post/25748/

Black college students across the country have demanded that they be segregated from white peers, calling for “safe spaces” on campuses meant only for so-called students of color.

The requests for segregated spaces are found among some of the demand lists put forth by students who took part in protests this fall alleging their campuses are oppressive, discriminatory, and represent institutionalized racism.

At UCLA, the Afrikan Student Union is insisting upon an “Afrikan Diaspora floor” as well as an “Afro-house.”

“Black students lack spaces where they feel safe and comfortable,” the UCLA demands state. “The Afrikan Diaspora floor is a way for us to connect more to other Black students, the Afrikan Student Union, and the Afro-Am department. The floor should be branded as a safe space for all Black students.”

lol just lol
thoughts?
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

not racist though because they're black

if white students did this then #blacklivesmatter riots
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

White people don't need safe spaces because there is not a racism problem with white people, black people might want a safe place so crackers like you don't come in when they're tryna discuss racism and start being like "omg u so racist"

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
I mean... This is not the way to achieve a happy, harmonious campus where race is not an issue, is it?
Nice to see the regressives are taking over college campuses. I thought debate was the way forward not segregation
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
tbf afro-house sounds chill af

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
uboga gmajna, le vpup, le vkup,
le vkup, le vkup z menoj,
staro pravdo v mrak tulimo,
da se pretulimo skozi to zimo
I don't blame them. I wish I could be safe from white people.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
Are you sure the people proposing this aren't some South Africans in blackface?
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
Say something against it and you are racist.
Welcome pseudo-developed society.
Quote by James Hetfield
Justice is lost, Justice is raped, Justice is GONE.

http://www.youtube.com/intwernet
Guitar and acoustic bass covers with creative editing
Hello, 2016? It's 1953, can we have segregation back?

Thanks 2016, you're a good egg say.
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
‘Cause there's nothing here for you my dear
And everything must pass
lol white people

"why don't all black people do exactly what i think they should do all the time without question? oh and if i say that I'M the racist????"
Quote by tateandlyle
lol white people

"why don't all black people do exactly what i think they should do all the time without question? oh and if i say that I'M the racist????"

It's more that to me, when the ideal situation seems to be educating and attempting to eradicate discriminitory behaviour such as racism, locking yourself away and saying 'la la la I can't hear you' is silly, immature, and will only perpetuate the shitty situation the world is in for generations to come.
It's very much the sort of response Tumblr would think is appropriate.

Which means it's utterly the wrong way to handle it.
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
And everything must pass
nah yeah that seems reasonable

black people at universities getting together in a room without white people for a change, discussing and exploring their experiences of whiteness and racism for like 20 minutes...

seems like the only likely outcome of such a silly, immature idea is that they will perpetuate racism. Silly black people, they just won't stop making people racist will they?
That's not the point,

By locking themselves away in a room to decompress and complain about racism, they do far less than empowering themselves. The world isn't a pretty place, but no problem has ever been solved by locking yourself in a room and sulking about it.
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
And everything must pass
Quote by tateandlyle
nah yeah that seems reasonable

black people at universities getting together in a room without white people for a change, discussing and exploring their experiences of whiteness and racism for like 20 minutes...

seems like the only likely outcome of such a silly, immature idea is that they will perpetuate racism. Silly black people, they just won't stop making people racist will they?

They aren't making people racist. They are on the other hand making it easy for people to continue to be racist and are doing a great job of leaving themselves utterly unprepared for the real world.
yeah exactly

i mean if black people don't solve racism, who will? frankly i think they shouldn't be allowed to take any breaks from it and should be forced to confront it 24/7. i'm 100% sure every black person wants to spend all their time trying to bring down racism, what else are they doing with their time?
Rab, if not confronting racism at any given second is the standard, how often do you make it easy for people to be racist?
I don't like where this is discussion is headed, I'm off to my safe space.

Bye.
Are you dense?

Let's look at some inspiring women, Amelia Earhart, Susan B. Anthony, Ruth Bader Ginsburg.....look at all the things they did and the things they acheived. None of it was done hiding in a room crying about how unfair the world is.
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
And everything must pass
Quote by tateandlyle
yeah exactly

i mean if black people don't solve racism, who will? frankly i think they shouldn't be allowed to take any breaks from it and should be forced to confront it 24/7. i'm 100% sure every black person wants to spend all their time trying to bring down racism, what else are they doing with their time?

Maybe people. Not black people or white people.

Just people.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
Quote by slapsymcdougal

Just people.

Nice
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
And everything must pass
Quote by slapsymcdougal

Just people.

The Asians are far too busy studying calculus to do anything about it.

But yeah. That is the sentiment I most agree with.
Quote by i_lovemetallica
Are you dense?

Let's look at some inspiring women, Amelia Earhart, Susan B. Anthony, Ruth Bader Ginsburg.....look at all the things they did and the things they acheived. None of it was done hiding in a room crying about how the world is unfair.

Every black person has to be MLK. You'd have to be a pathetic human being to not be able to deal with perpetual racism and want to have a fukn rest from it. Idk who these people think they are that they think they can sit on a sofa for a second with some people going through the same stuff and talk. Every black person must dedicate their lives to being anti-racist activists or frankly i think they're dumb.
Quote by tateandlyle
Every black person has to be MLK. You'd have to be a pathetic human being to not be able to deal with perpetual racism and want to have a fukn rest from it. Idk who these people think they are that they think they can sit on a sofa for a second with some people going through the same stuff and talk. Every black person must dedicate their lives to being anti-racist activists or frankly i think they're dumb.

I'm feeling oppressed, I'm going to my safe room where I can pretend the big, bad world doesn't exist.

At the end of the day, the problem isn't solved.
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
And everything must pass
Next time you have a shit day at work you have to bring down capitalism before you're allowed to go home, fair m8?
Again, not the point,

If I have a shit day at work, I tell my boss about it, we discuss ways in which it could be improved (if any) and go from there.

I don't lock myself in my office and whinge about how mean people are.

EDIT: My point isn't that people have to save the world with their actions, but by taking actions to "Pad themselves in cotton wool", it actually does nothing to diminish the real problem.
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
And everything must pass
This generation is deeply and irrevocably fucked.

I'm glad I'll be dead by the time these cunts become world leaders.
This idea of perpetual racism is idiotic. It just doesn't happen. There are racist instances and you don't deal with them by segregating. These students are being racist themselves.
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by i_lovemetallica
Again, not the point,

If I have a shit day at work, I tell my boss about it, we discuss ways in which it could be improved (if any) and go from there.

I don't lock myself in my office and whinge about how mean people are.

EDIT: My point isn't that people have to save the world with their actions, but by taking actions to "Pad themselves in cotton wool", it actually does nothing to diminish the real problem.

lol okay

so you have a problem with someone at work. you go see someone to devise a plan as to how to best deal with it, in private, away from the person who is causing you a problem.

wow nice safe space bro
Quote by tateandlyle
lol okay

so you have a problem with someone at work. you go see someone to devise a plan as to how to best deal with it, in private, away from the person who is causing you a problem.

wow nice safe space bro

What?

Who said I had a problem with any particular person? Maybe I think a work process is inadequate to our business needs? And who said the person I have a problem with is never involved? If I have a problem with a colleague, thankfully I've got the confidence to call them out on their crap.

The only safe space I need is in the breakroom, so I can devour my lunch without causing too much damage
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
And everything must pass
Quote by k.lainad
not racist though because they're black

if white students did this then #blacklivesmatter riots

But that is racist.
tfw u agree with will ffs

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
Quote by Jehannum
This generation is deeply and irrevocably fucked.

I'm glad I'll be dead by the time these cunts become world leaders.

Well, if people paid attention to Poland, they'd know that they elected an extreme right wing party in with a puppet 25 year old president who is currently dismantling the Polish constitution.

But no. nobody seems to be giving a toss about that.
o()o

Quote by JamSessionFreak
yes every night of my entire life i go to bed crying because i wasnt born american