Guys help ! Im torn between playing Rock (Led Zeppelin, Guns n Roses, Rush...) and Metal (Metallica, Black Sabbath, Maiden...). Thats messed up i know i really appreciate both genres but i want to get a new guitar about 1000$ thats why im asking what guitar is versatile enough for both genres ( i considered Gibson and Ibanez .... So pls advise me )

My current guitar is a beginner Les Paul. Metal on a Les Paul isnt really good since the fat tone and the heavy wood.

Waiting for a reply
In terms of equipment, you can play rock and metal with the same gear. You're way overthinking this. Just get a solid body guitar with a humbucker in the bridge position and you practically can't go wrong
Quote by Jet Penguin
Theory: Not rules, just tools.

Quote by Hail
*note that by fan i mean that guy who wants his friends to know he knows this totally obscure hip band that only he knows about with 236 views on youtube. lookin' at Kev here
The amp is going to be the bigger factor in this equation.

Plenty of artists play metal on a LP. The guitar is just a piece of the sundae.

Sounds like we might need more info to help you. I might be wrong but I am assuming that you are a beginner?
Gibson LP traditional and DC standard, PRS S2 Custom 24, MIA Standard Strat, Charvel So Cal Pro Mod, Schecter Banshee 7
EVH 5153, Mesa DR Tremoverb combo 2-2x12's
Line 6 M13
Lots of guys have used and do use LP's for metal.

What amp do you have?
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
As above, the amp is going to be a much more influential component in the "can it do both metal and rock" department. Pretty much any guitar with a humbucker will do the bands you've mentioned as long as you've got the right amp and an OD to tighten it, and yes lots of folks play metal on LPs.

For $1000 and under I would be looking at used Prestige Ibanez guitars, new or used Schecters, ESP/LTDs, Agiles, Carvins, and Jacksons to cover the territory you're interested in.
Quote by EMegatallicAM
Metal on a Les Paul isnt really good since the fat tone and the heavy wood.

Metal is just fine on a Les Paul.

FWIW, there are even longer-scale Les Paul type guitars (even Gibson itself has this year introduced a 25.5" scale LP, and Agile has 27", 28.65" and 30" LP-alikes) if you really get into downtuning, etc.
I know what metal guitars are supposed to be. But I don't what a rock guitar is supposed to be. There's not much use in classifying guitars like this. You should be able to play pretty much everything with every guitar. Go with one you like best.
a guitar is a guitar they can play both and honestly what you have listed isn't that far apart . as already mentioned it will come down more to your amp than anything. i play both just fine. i play blues with a BC Rich (eagle) not exactly the first thing you think of when it comes to blues but it works for me. don't get caught up in the "metal" guitar thing.
there are definitely guitars which kind of straddly the rock/metal bounday- e.g. a lot of superstrats with not too hot (but not too low output) humbuckers.

it's all well and good saying you can use any guitar for any genre, but if you know what genre (or genres) you want to play, unless you really know what you're doing and know the rules well enough to consider breaking them, it makes sense (IMO) to look at the stuff which is known to work well.

ditto for amps.

what's your budget? and what's your current amp?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Some sort of Ltd super strat guitar with a thin u neck would be the best of both worlds. Not too thick for fast metal licks and not too thin for nice classic rock chording. With the right amp and pedals, you don't really need a super high gain pickup. I'd get a Seymour Duncan SH-4 pickup. Super nice and balanced for metal or classic rock.
Either guitar can do either genre well. It depends on the amp far, far more than the guitar. Worry about the amp if you want both good rock and metal tones.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
Quote by !..!_Rock_!..!
Some sort of Ltd super strat guitar with a thin u neck would be the best of both worlds. Not too thick for fast metal licks and not too thin for nice classic rock chording. With the right amp and pedals, you don't really need a super high gain pickup. I'd get a Seymour Duncan SH-4 pickup. Super nice and balanced for metal or classic rock.

IIRC the Jackson Pro series hits that spot pretty well. My pro soloist came with and sh-4 in the bridge and a jazz in the neck.
Quote by EMegatallicAM

My current guitar is a beginner Les Paul. Metal on a Les Paul isnt really good since the fat tone and the heavy wood.

Wha? Why would you not want a fat tone for your metal? And I've seen countless metal and punk bands and all kinds of bands. They're an old standby in rock and guitar based music, generally. Anyways, it's really almost possible to do anything with anything. Those tones you're after aren't too far out of the way for any setup. It's really even possible to get a good metal tone out of a single coil pickup. Just get a decent solid body guitar and a decent all round amp, maybe a solid overdrive and a solid distortion and you should be well off.
Like others have said, your amp will probably limit you more then the guitar. I play a lot of classic rock-hard rock - metal (I play a wide variety of music actually ), and my LP's are my go to's for this stuff.

Honestly, anything solid body, with at least a humbucker in the bridge (that's a decent output) will do what you're asking. If you like the feel of LP, then buy a Les Paul. If you're thinking you're going to wanna get into using the trem more, then get something with a 2-pt trem, or Floyd Rose (like a PRS).

A good overdrive pedal could also go a long ways when trying to use the same axe for lighter, and heavier gain tones.

What amp are you using??
Guitars:
PRS Custom 24
Gibson Les Paul 60's Tribute
85' MIJ Strat
97' Snakepit Les Paul
LP Traditional 1960 Zebra
MIJ Tele
MIA Strat

Amps:
Silver Jubilee 2525
Peavey Ultra 112
Jet City JCA50H
66' Bassman
Pink Paisley Princeton RV
74' Vibro Champ
You'll probably want a 24-fret guitar for metal soloing.
Quote by apple_apple
oh my god! guitarViking is a genius... respect !!!

I'm GuitarViking! Don't you forget it!
Quote by bobafettacheese
The amp is going to be the bigger factor in this equation.

Plenty of artists play metal on a LP. The guitar is just a piece of the sundae.

Sounds like we might need more info to help you. I might be wrong but I am assuming that you are a beginner?

yes I agree,-the amplifier is more important as long as you have a decent guitar.
Quote by EMegatallicAM

Waiting for a reply

Matt Heafy seems to do fine with his Gibson and Epi Les Pauls. Just saying.
Amp and guitar are both very important on genre and playstyle. Metal and Rock can synchronize and effectively switch out on either. Hell, I do it a lot, and hardly anyone tells the difference in the matter Just play as you would wish to in either genre with any guitar that is applicable, and it just might work out ^_^
I have an SLSMG with EMGs and an ESP E-II with duncans. As time goes by, I realize just how versatile my trusty 92 les paul standard really is. Its got the 490 pickups and just kicks total posterior in the areas of rock and metal. Even better, it dominates both the SLSMG and ESP in the area of jazz in my opinion.

The amp does make a huge difference. I play through a Mesa tremoverb, which has a huge impact on the range of genres. Do not discount your Les Paul.
Zakk Wylde with his Les Paul and Mark Tremonti with his PRS singlecut are doing quite well

And my PRS singlecut loaded with Dimarzio Titans through my Mesas served me well in both genres and cover others just as well.

If you're worried about the weight, get a chambered les paul.
The amp and operator have more to do with weather you are playing metal or rock n roll......wait metal is rock n roll. Just do not try playing rock or metal on a Tele as the universe will implode.
Bhaok

The following statement is true. The proceeding statement is false.
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Either guitar can do either genre well. It depends on the amp far, far more than the guitar. Worry about the amp if you want both good rock and metal tones.

the amp's more important but that doesn't mean the guitar is unimportant (which is what you'd think to read a lot of the replies).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Cajundaddy
John 5 Tele. Now pick out a nice amp and you are set. #nospiderormg

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_DDsozgxnQ

I'm going to see,John 5 and the Creatures on March 5th I'm stoked!

If you get the right amp, as suggested by others you should have no problem playing both
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge

Guitar blows out and no others nearby, just have an amp. Amp blows out with no others nearby, but guitar still works, it's a weak acoustic guitar