Hi. I have a problem with a noise when im recording guitar with distortion. I got a new cable, and my rig is decent enough to get something better than this:

https://soundcloud.com/remstage/noise (if you can't hear it raise the volume)

I use a Jackson js22 7 and a Line6 pod studio gx. I already tried to reduce the input volume, tried with other presets and programs and i always have this f****** noise. When i play with some clean or crunchy preset it sounds good, but if i use some metal preset (or create it by myself, i have tried a lot of different stuff like guitar rig, bias, LePou..) the noise appears. Can this issue come from the interface? From the guitar electronics? Help please.
First, make sure your guitar is properly shielded/grounded. Since the JS series is the low end line of Jackson, it may have some problems with that... I dunno really. If the noise is gone when you touch the strings or other metal part of the guitar, then you have grounding issues.

But, you can always use a noise gate. Bias, Guitar Rig, etc, all have a built in noise gate which you can use. Alas, Lepou's amps don't, so you'll have to use an external noise gate VST.

I think that most DAWs have their own noise gate VSTs as well. I use ReaGate myself on Reaper, works very well.
Last edited by DanyFS at Jan 26, 2016,
I do not hear any noise. My volume is maxed out.

Distortion will make your guitar noisy. If you use single coil pickups, electro-magnetic interference will be amplified to silly levels with distortion. Your guitar has humbuckers, so there will be quite a bit less hum but it will still be apparent with a lot of distortion. But I do not really hear much of anything in that track.

If you want to make your playing tighter, put on a noise gate and learn how to use it. NG's can help with noise as well.
Oh yeah, just listened to the track now.

Will is right. There will always be some noise when playing with distortion. Proper muting technique and tight playing helps a lot with this issue.

If playing with distortion, a noise gate is a must.

Also, keep in mind that in recordings, you don't need as much distortion as when playing live or practicing. Do double tracking, keep the gain lower than usual and do some proper EQ. Less gain and good EQ makes the guitar tighter and less noisy.

If you're actually practicing with amp sims, then yeah, use a noise gate to keep the noise low while still having the gain a bit higher.
Last edited by DanyFS at Jan 26, 2016,
Thanks for the replies, but no one understood what noise i mean xD
I'm already using a noise gate, and the noise that i mean is that crackling sound which is MIXED with the guitar when you raise the volume like a half of your speakers maximum, like the sound that your speakers do when you're listening a 140p youtube video.
Sorry for my english.
Quote by remstage
I'm already using a noise gate, and the noise that i mean is that crackling sound which is MIXED with the guitar when you raise the volume like a half of your speakers maximum, like the sound that your speakers do when you're listening a 140p youtube video.
Sorry for my english.

You either recorded the track too loud, or you rendered the track too loud. It can be clipping.

Also, which kind of speakers? Like laptop speakers? If yes, it's normal for that to happen because they are usually shit, specially when you crank the volume too loud.

Do you have headphones or monitors? Can you hear that noise with them? I raised the volume on my headphones as high as I could without killing my ears and couldn't hear any noise...
Quote by remstage
Sorry for my english.
Yeah, it sounds like the speakers you are listening with are just not up to par. Or the track is clipped. Or both, really.

Get some proper studio headphones and try again. c: AKG K240 Studio are cheap on Amazon and seem pretty good to me.