Theres this bass that has perfectly intonated frets or somrthing, the frets are all at diffrent angles. I dont have a picture, but does anyone know what im talking about? Can you tell me the name of this bass?

Thanks
Nick
You mean the bass has fanned frets, in other words it is multiscale??

I suppose there are lots of basses like that man
Last edited by DanyFS at Jan 27, 2016,
Yup, just looked up fannet frets and thats exactly what i was looking for. Thanks.
Digwall was the brand that pressed this.

Ibanez is making fanned fret basses now
Ibanez BTB 1006 Fretless and 405 (no Barts)
456 & 455(w/Barts)
Genz Benz NeoX400 112T & NeoX 112T cab.
Digitech BP-8 (x2)
Yamaha PB-1
Boss: SYB-5, PS-2, OD-20, EQ-20, PH-3,BF-3, CE-20, DD-20
Morely A/B
Fan-fret guitars aren't "perfectly intonated." For that you probably have to go to true tempermant frets (squiggly): http://www.truetemperament.com/ You can actually have BOTH fanned frets (multi-scale) and true-temperment, FWIW.

"Fanned Frets" is actually a trademark of Novax guitars. Novax had a patent on multi-scale guitars for a while, but it really wasn't valid (since multi-scale/fan fret instruments have been around since the 16th century and another guy held a patent on them in the early 1900's). It's since run out anyway (patents generally run out within 20 years).

And then there's this setup, which you don't really want to know about...

Quote by dspellman

Doesn't look like it would change much as long as your fingering was accurate. Would make bends interesting though...
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
^ Does that kind of setup have a name? Never seen anything like that. Looks interesting.
Quote by dspellman

-argyle-looking thing-

Are the bridge and nut angled?
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one
Quote by dspellman
Fan-fret guitars aren't "perfectly intonated." For that you probably have to go to true tempermant frets (squiggly): http://www.truetemperament.com/ You can actually have BOTH fanned frets (multi-scale) and true-temperment, FWIW.

Even looking at that for long enough would give me a conniption
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?