I took apart an Epiphone SG to change the body color. When i did i just clipped the 3 wires (2 pickups and the ground) and kept all the other controls soldered together. I took the opportunity to paint the cavities with non-conductive paint since it was apart. After i was finished i put everything back together and the guitar is completely dead.
Now, i know all the wires are back to their correct spot so i am thinking the input jack is most likely the culprit but it seems very odd to me that it would go out. There was no excessive handling or abuse when it was taken out or put back in. Very strange to me as i have done this often and never run into it before. Has this happened to anyone else?
Quote by BlackVoid
Every guitar and bass forum I've visited has some people chasing some magical tone that will shoot jizzing unicorns riding on a rainbow out of their amp.
Quote by kabadi.man
conductive paint shorting something out?
like the input jack maybe ?
or terminals on the pots touching the painted surface ?

That would be my guess as well. When I shielded a strat I had I ended up putting tape on a lot of exposed contacts to eliminate shorting issues I was having.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
hmm, odd i had never run into the paint causing issue before. i will try that and see if it makes a difference. The guitar had the conductive shield paint in it from factory i just did the pickup cavities and a few more coats in the other chamber since it was open. But who knows, maybe something is touching somewhere. I used a multi-meter on the input last night and didn't get any reading from the jack. So much for my quick and easy build
Quote by BlackVoid
Every guitar and bass forum I've visited has some people chasing some magical tone that will shoot jizzing unicorns riding on a rainbow out of their amp.