If a tab is submitted as ukulele chords but doesn't have anything that pertains specifically to ukuleles, should it be approved? I believe they should instead be submitted as regular chord tabs or be rejected if there already exists a regular chord tab of the same song, but I can't find anything in the rubric or tab guide that I can use to justify a vote to reject.

There are many ukulele chord tabs that are exactly the same as existing regular chord tabs. Some are even blatant copies because they'll include guitar chord charts and other things that aren't even applicable to ukuleles. I think this is unfair to those of us who submit legitimate ukulele specific tabs.

I apologize if this has already been addressed somewhere else.
No problems with such as long as it's actually a uke submission (ie no 6-string fingerings).

Reason (credit carriep63):
Glad to cross paths with you on this adventure called life
Quote by Jet Penguin
lots of flirting with the other key without confirming. JUST LIKE THEIR LOVE IN THE MOVIE OH DAMN.
Quote by Hail
you're acting like you have perfect pitch or something
On the mobile app, you can toggle between guitar chord charts and ukulele chord charts. So it just seems a bit redundant to submit the same chord tab twice.
Not everyone has the mobile app - what does it look like? Does it stem from just one submission?
Quote by Jet Penguin
lots of flirting with the other key without confirming. JUST LIKE THEIR LOVE IN THE MOVIE OH DAMN.
Quote by Hail
Quote by infinyte2
There are many ukulele chord tabs that are exactly the same as existing regular chord tabs. Some are even blatant copies because they'll include guitar chord charts and other things that aren't even applicable to ukuleles.

When the Ukulele option was first introduced, ALL regular chord tabs were copied & added as Ukulele tabs, which is why a lot of them appear to be blatant copies - they ARE blatant copies.

There was a lot of discussion about it at the time because the submitter of the original version may have had good reviews for their regular chords, but had no control over the Ukulele version and was getting downvoted for it because of the information irrelevant to Uke players. In the end the issue was resolved by UG removing the connection between the Ukulele tab & the person who submitted the original version.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
EVH 5150 III LBXII
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Not everyone has the mobile app - what does it look like? Does it stem from just one submission?

Here are some screenshots of that chord chart toggling feature on mobile app.

In the end the issue was resolved by UG removing the connection between the Ukulele tab & the person who submitted the original version.

That explains why a lot of them aren't attributed to specific contributors. I'm a relatively new member, but after skimming through a few forum posts, I'm beginning to see that the introduction of ukulele tabs really seemed to have upset a lot people.
^ that's interesting, but it's also really mobile-specific. Like, non-app users are stuck with hard copies.

Also, that connection-removal was quite a few years back. Like probably 2012-13-ish.
Quote by Jet Penguin
Quote by Hail