Page 1 of 2
I'm making a meal plan for myself as I'm too much of an idiot to feed myself properly* and I've realised that my lunches consist of sandwiches, and toasted sandwiches. What are some other things I can eat in the middle of the day that aren't too fulling/heavy, and aren't a fucking sandwich

seriously, I love sandwiches but all seven days?

*Its actually because I don't feel hungry when I'm stressed/anxious/depressed, so I don't eat, which then makes everything worse. I realised its one of the reason I will so often spiral right back down after doing well for a few weeks/months. So I'm trying to change that, as well as sorting out my sleeping pattern
Eat your pheasant
Drink your wine
Your days are numbered, bourgeois swine!
scrambled or fried eggs with toast, salad, soup, fruit, light sandwiches, etc. I don't like eating anything heavy for lunch because I need to be able to snack around 4 pm.

also I try to avoid eating meat for lunch because it's way too filling and I'll have real bad stomach problems if I eat it in the middle of the day.
cat
Last edited by guitarxo at Jan 27, 2016,
I don't normally eat lunch, but today I had pulled pork that I made and some coleslaw from Frisch's
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
Quote by guitarxo at #33800248
scrambled or fried eggs with toast, salad, soup, fruit, light sandwiches, etc. I don't like eating anything heavy for lunch because I need to be able to snack around 4 pm.

also I try to avoid eating meat for lunch because it's way too filling and I'll have real bad stomach problems if I eat it in the middle of the day.

last year I lived off fried egg and bacon sandwiches, so I've kind of gone of eggs. I do love fruit and was going to have that on the side anyway

what kind of salads? and do you find they actually fill you up? I always find that I get hungry again about 20 minutes after eating a salad, I dunno why because the stomach can't tell the difference between foods. A belly full of grass will make you feel as full as a belly full of potatoes

Quote by slipknot5678 at #33800254
I am terrible at food and I feel guilty if I spend $20 a week on groceries lol. usually skip lunch.

I actually feel the same way, I dunno why. I need to start actually buying proper food for myself though as I get hungry at uni and will just go to subway or get a sandwich from the canteen which gets expensive. It probably costs me more in the long run
Eat your pheasant
Drink your wine
Popeye's, Chipotle, peruvian chicken, Sweet Greens (salad place), Whole Foods hot bar, Boston Market chicken pot pie etc... lots of options.

imo don't try to do something drastically different from your usual habits, it's hard to make it stick.

You could try making a big batch on Sunday night and space it out between that on some days and and some salads on others. Try Thai fried rice or something. Then grill a chicken breast for your salads. Easy and quick and healthy. Bring a yogurt along too.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Last edited by Xiaoxi at Jan 27, 2016,
Quote by Bladez22
last year I lived off fried egg and bacon sandwiches, so I've kind of gone of eggs. I do love fruit and was going to have that on the side anyway

what kind of salads? and do you find they actually fill you up? I always find that I get hungry again about 20 minutes after eating a salad, I dunno why because the stomach can't tell the difference between foods. A belly full of grass will make you feel as full as a belly full of potatoes

Cool, so things like pears/melons/bananas/oranges will be more filling than berries, pomegranates, cherries, etc if that helps.

I just throw whatever I have into salads when I make them. Some type of green leafy thing, cherry tomatoes, corn, dried cranberries, walnuts, salad onions, sliced radish, etc. They fill me up just fine but I have a small stomach. If you need something more filling, add rice/quinoa/beans that suit the rest of your ingredients.
cat
I've been making soups lately because I can make a big pot of whatever that will last me like 5 days and costs less than $20

My lunch is usually more like dinner, because I wake up at about 1pm every day. So I usually cook something and have the same thing for lunch and dinner.

I eat a banana or apple shortly after I wake up. That's about it.
Last edited by MeGaDeth2314 at Jan 27, 2016,
They got these things at my local market/store, box lunches. Not bad, but after 2 weeks of the same flavor straight? It starts tasting nasty.

Also there's a lot of restaurants nearby, so I just buy food from there, and bring it with me the next day.
^
I'm trying to make some stuff for myself, I probably should've mentioned that in the OP. I'm a little sick of buying food while I'm out, and its a little too expensive

Rice salad sounds amazing, I will have to try that. I eat a lot of the more filling fruits you mentioned already, and I have a real weakness for blueberries. Which isn't good as I'll demolish a whole small tub of them in one sitting and proceed to feel very, very sorry for myself in an hours time

also I do a soup dinner thing where I can any canned soup, add in a whole load of carrots, peas, sweetcorn, potatoes, and whatever else I feel like adding and cook it all up. Lasts for two or three days, and is amazing. I never really thought about soup for lunch, I'll give it a try
Eat your pheasant
Drink your wine
spicy zaatar and chicken lahmahjoun

i think thats how its spelled

Quote by Pastafarian96
I an evety characyer in this story
Quote by Bladez22

I actually feel the same way, I dunno why. I need to start actually buying proper food for myself though as I get hungry at uni and will just go to subway or get a sandwich from the canteen which gets expensive. It probably costs me more in the long run

usually I just don't eat anything lol. a couple weeks ago I spent $13 on groceries and all I can think is "too much lol". for fast food type stuff I get something for $2-3 once or twice a week. that's more to do with killing time in between things than wanting food. very rarely I will properly eat out. three weeks ago I dragged myself out to this place I live just around the corner from where it's socially acceptable to go alone (small place and I go at night and chat with the guy working there ) and I spent like $11 and at first it's like woah I enjoyed this I should do it more often but then it's like nah I deserve to die lol

which is a problem cause I want to gain weight and all that but mental barriers. been forcing myself to eat something everyday recently and i feel better but as a result i feel guilty about feeling good. also the stuff I make is bad. not cold beans and frozen fish sticks level bad but not good either. feel too weird spending money on things and I legit can't afford all the ingredients for something really complex and impressive. this post is way too long what am I doing.
Some nice filling soup and good bread to eat it with is one of my favorite meals, though I haven't had it in a while.

If you need salad inspo check out Pinterest. I don't like most of what I see there (mainly desserts) but lots of the salad recipes I've tried from there have been great. From there you can mix and match based on what ingredients you have and what flavors you want.
cat
dave i will fucking slap you

how do you make smoothies? do you need a proper blender thing?

I'll have a look guitarxo, ty

and slipknot you should probably try to eat a little more man. I know how awful I feel after doing the same for a few days, and its just not worth it. It really is amazing how much difference a little bit of food makes to my thought patterns and general well-being
Eat your pheasant
Drink your wine
I normally have sandwiches/rolls/cheese on toast (mostly just cheese on toast because it's GOAT)

But if you don't want bread-related stuff I would suggest having multiple pot noodles. Make sure you have several flavours to keep things interesting. You can get supermarket own brand pot noodles crazy cheap, but apparently they don't fill you up properly so you need to eat a bunch of them. There are no other options as far as I am concerned.
I have nothing important to say
Quote by Bladez22 at #33800303
dave i will fucking slap you

how do you make smoothies? do you need a proper blender thing?

I just have a regular blender at home that works just fine; I don't put that much in and everything in there is fairly soft so it blends pretty easy.

I also usually freeze them overnight so that A.) I don't inhale them after a workout, and B.) it tastes nice and fresh no matter when I have it
At work I'll have a TV dinner, probably something like "Stouffer's Meat Loaf". At home I don't eat lunch very often.
i don't have a blender, that's the problem

toasted cheese sandwiches are goat, I don't really like cheese that much, but melting it inbetween two slices of bread is amazing. Just butter the outside of the sandwich and put that shit in the frying pan
Eat your pheasant
Drink your wine
I have a pretty solid food schedule. I eat black and red bead burritos, chicken and roast beef sandwiches loaded with spinach and kale, with quality lunch meat because cheap lunch meat is bad for you, almond butter and jam sandwiches with quality jam because cheap jelly is bad for you, fruit smoothie consisting of bananas, mangoes, blueberries, pineapple, blackberries, strawberries, raspberries, usually a combination of 3, trail mix, made with walnuts, macadamia nuts, pistachios, pecans, various seeds like flax and black sesame, low fat yogurt but not the cheap yogurt and not the stuff that tricks you into thinking it's healthy because it's got no calories, real yogurt dawg, I drink green tea with turmeric, chicken turkey fish and sometimes beef, scrambled eggs cuz scrambled is best, and red potatoes and some tasty organic chips and salsa to go along with muh burritos and dont forget the rice, and I drink only water and I sip on coconut water throughout the day for happiness and extra vitamins and minerals, fuck vegetables, theyre gross, and when you eat nasty gross vegetables and get stressed out your body releases chemicals that contribute to inflammation and oxidative stress and you dont absorb them because you are convinced they are poison, because they are. Spinach and kale are enough veggies for my liking.

I really do hope this was one of my more useful posts lol, I think a healthy brain is vital to creativity and focus.
Quote by Shotgunmerc at #33800343
I don't think they're too horribly expensive but I have no idea what prices are like over there in jolly ol' England

its not the price, its the effort involved
Eat your pheasant
Drink your wine
usually just make some easy casserole/pasta/or stir fry rice with chicken or beef.

just season the chicken/beef with whatever you want
boil some rice or stir fry some potatoes or veggies, or make some pasta
then pan fry the seasoned meat or grill it

i'll usually mix it all up in a baking pan (the cooked meat, potatoes, rice, veggies, etc), put a small layer of cheese on top, tin foil, and pop it in the oven for 30 min or less.

delicious, easy and quick, and very healthy if you use very little cooking oil/butter
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

Last edited by k.lainad at Jan 27, 2016,
Quote by chrismendiola at #33800386
ass

this is not contributing to the discussion
Eat your pheasant
Drink your wine
salad
rice bowls
other bowls
tonkatsu curry if i'm feeling frisky
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
Quote by Bladez22 at #33800419
this is not contributing to the discussion

You asked what I eat for lunch, and there's your answer.

Grilled chicken and some sort of side item has been a prevalent choice for me the past few weeks. But it's always been a huge meal with loads of flesh of animals.

I'm changing my nutrition plans very soon, though. I'm gonna try to eat better foods and eat less food for meals but eat more often. So I'll change my answer when I get around to figuring out how I'm gonna do that.
Quote by Bladez22 at #33800263
I dunno why because the stomach can't tell the difference between foods. A belly full of grass will make you feel as full as a belly full of potatoes

This isn't really true, by the way. Foods are different in satiating hunger.
Free Ali
Quote by chrismendiola at #33800466
You asked what I eat for lunch, and there's your answer.

Grilled chicken and some sort of side item has been a prevalent choice for me the past few weeks. But it's always been a huge meal with loads of flesh of animals.

I'm changing my nutrition plans very soon, though. I'm gonna try to eat better foods and eat less food for meals but eat more often. So I'll change my answer when I get around to figuring out how I'm gonna do that.

This isn't really true, by the way. Foods are different in satiating hunger.

that's better

and I read that the stomach can't really tell the difference between foods. Eating a high calorie meal doesn't make you more full than eating nothing but celery for example. But I could be wrong
Eat your pheasant
Drink your wine
Quote by Bladez22 at #33800481
that's better

and I read that the stomach can't really tell the difference between foods. Eating a high calorie meal doesn't make you more full than eating nothing but celery for example. But I could be wrong

Quite literally, maybe your stomach can't tell the difference, but your brain can. Studies show that proteins and complex carbohydrates help you stay full longer, fiber makes you more full, and fats facilitate messages between your brain and the rest of your body to let you know when it's time to stop eating.

Specifically, foods have different effects on the hormone leptin (and other hormones) that send messages of hunger, satiety, etc.
Free Ali
i don't, im usually still asleep
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Quote by vIsIbleNoIsE

tonkatsu curry if i'm feeling frisky

omg yes so good

mmmmmmm
superman is killing himself tonight
Just had a hotdog to finish off the rest of the vege-sausies I had for dinner last night (in a hot dog bun also). Top it with cheese, fried onions, american style mustard, NZ tomato sauce, sour cream and cayenne pepper hot sauce.
Today I had chicken.

We went to KFC and ordered three chicken breasts, they only gave us 2, but this was like about a week ago. So, today, I went back and told the story and they said they were sorry gave me a box I didn't bother to check what was in the box. When I got home there were three chicken breasts in the box. They are screwed up again or were being nice. Judging from the crew I'd say it was a screwup.

After the KFC I had a very small amount peanuts maybe about 20 peanuts, then I ate some cheese one slice. Then to fill in the chinks I had a doughnut. To do not buy doughnuts fried dough is about the worst thing you can put in your belly but my wife does and I can't resist. This is the end of my lunch tail.
Last edited by yope at Jan 28, 2016,
Page 1 of 2