Hey because the guitar solo will only come out of 1 ear do I pan it so that it goes in the center?
Is it wrong to record the guitar in stereo?
Just a creative choice with no wrong answers. Record in both mono and stereo and use the one you like... or both. Pan the mono track anywhere in the mix you like.
Guitar is a single source, so you should record it in mono.

After you recorded it, it's your choice to either let it rest in the centre or pan it somewhere.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
^ This.

Quote by Cajundaddy
Just a creative choice with no wrong answers. Record in both mono and stereo and use the one you like... or both. Pan the mono track anywhere in the mix you like.

There is a 'wrong' answer in this case, though - recording the mono guitar source in stereo gives absolutely no benefit but records the same data twice, using up double the space on your hard drive and requiring your computer to playback double the audio data.
Hey, look. Sigs are back.
The guitar shouldn't be coming out of "one ear" when recording in mono unless you've panned it hard left or hard right - your monitoring settings are not right if that's what's happening.