Let's discuss what our favourites are.
1. Favourite Acoustic Strumming Song
2. Favourite Fingerpicking Song
3. Favourite Electric Lead Guitar
4. Favourite Solo Piece
5. Overall Favourite Song to Play

Mine would be:
1. Not really into strumming, but it would be
2. Thinking Out Loud (arranged by Gareth Evans) / My Immortal (arranged by Sungha Jung)
3. Dire Straits - Sultans of Swing
4. Guns 'n Roses - November Rain (Still learning it though)
5. Sultans of Swing / Come Together - Beatles
Um, okay. Something different for a change.

I like playing Porcupine Tree songs on an acoustic. Trains and Time Flies are great songs and fun to play. I don't think I have a favorite fingerpicking song, I don't usually use a plectrum with the acoustic so I guess everything I play is fingerpicked in a way.

Electric lead guitar... um, probably Guthrie's stuff from Raven that Refused to Sing. I can't really play most of that stuff though, since I'm not Guthrie.

Solo piece? You said November Rain so you clearly don't mean a literal solo guitar song, so what's the difference between 3 and 4?

Favorite song to play. Can't really tell you since I'm not sure.
Quote by Jet Penguin
Theory: Not rules, just tools.

Quote by Hail
*note that by fan i mean that guy who wants his friends to know he knows this totally obscure hip band that only he knows about with 236 views on youtube. lookin' at Kev here
I guess you mean to play, not just to listen to .

Mine change all the time but, at this moment, probably

1. John Martyn, Bless the Weather (in his C tuning)
2. Bert Jansch, Reynardine
3. I improvise my solos, so this would have to be an instrumental - probably some old Shadows or Duane Eddy tune. Otherwise the lead on Folsom Prison Blues is probably the most fun - I don't need it difficult! (I like Sultans too, btw.)
4. Bert Jansch, Alice's Wonderland
5. impossible to say, too many to choose from.

Next week- maybe even tomorrow - the list will be different.
Quote by Kevätuhri
Solo piece? You said November Rain so you clearly don't mean a literal solo guitar song, so what's the difference between 3 and 4?

Yea the solo piece is more just the favourite, actual solo piece that you play, whereas number 3 would be the favourite whole song
Quote by kennethkotze
Yea the solo piece is more just the favourite, actual solo piece that you play, whereas number 3 would be the favourite whole song
What I understand by "solo piece" is a complete instrumental composition for one instrument - guitar in this case.
Not the solo (lead guitar) section from a song. That's what I assumed #3 - "Favourite Electric Lead Guitar" - was asking.

If you're talking about "favourite lead solo" in a song, then my answer for #4 would be different. Probably Amos Garrett's solo in "Midnight at the Oasis"; or Buddy Guy's playing throughout the 1970 live version of "First Time I Met the Blues" (from the TV doc). (I can't exactly play either one perfectly, but I have transcribed them.)

Not that it matters a whole lot either way, of course...