I am a male and I have never worn make up
42 59%
I would like men to wear more make up
14 20%
I would never like to see men wear make up
18 25%
Voters: 71.
Page 1 of 4
Would you or have you ever worn make up as a male.

If so, then when and what situation?

If not, then why not

Would you like to see more men wearing make up, and what are your reasons for a yes or a no answer?

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
The only reason I would wear make-up would be for acting or if I was in a post-punk/new wave band.

So basically it's very unlikely to happen.
Only this one time at a party when some girls asked me to wear lipstick and I immediately said yes.

In my defense, I looked gorgeous
I for some reason constantly have red cheeks like I'm embarrassed 24/7 and I'd wear something to cover them in my skins tone but saying that I'm far too lazy for make up
You hit 'em and they get back up
I hit 'em and they stay down
- Frank Castle
I should note that my position on not wearing makeup is more in line with my general apathy about how I look in day-to-day life than any belief that men shouldn't do it or whatever
gay

men should wear the blood of their enemies
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
Last edited by Burgery at Jan 28, 2016,
What would be the point? It's not common or expected for men wear makeup like it is for women, so why go through the hassle of putting on makeup every day?
I have not, but why not, why not indeed!
WHAT A
HORRIBLE
NIGHT TO
HAVE A
CURSE.
Quote by MeTallIcA313
What would be the point? It's not common or expected for men wear makeup like it is for women, so why go through the hassle of putting on makeup every day?

so u can look FAB

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
Don't see why make-up would need to be gender specific.
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
I have not worn make up as such (I'm not counting face paint) however when I went through my emo phase when I was younger I used to colour my nails in black using a permanent marker because I was too masculine to use nail polish.
Men should only wear make up when they are acting. Any man who wears make up just to look nicer or whatever is no man at all and should be imprisoned for not being manly enough.

I have never worn make up and never will.
I have nothing important to say
Last edited by JackSaints at Jan 28, 2016,
I am a cross-dresser

guess
A poem.
Quote by yoman297
no girl, movember isnt for you. shave your stache pls

I can out-bore you any day
if I could enhance my fabulousnesss without it being noticeable then sure maybe I'd try it
like just mascara or smth

but really my skin is fine and there's no societal expectation for perfection so cba
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
Quote by ultimate-slash at #33800816
I bet your an all-natural beauty

nope
A poem.
Quote by yoman297
no girl, movember isnt for you. shave your stache pls

I can out-bore you any day
I had a spot on my nose at Year 11 prom and my mum wanted the photos to look nice so she put concealer on it thanks mom

i've used concealer a couple times before but i checked 'no' cause i figured that's not what you meant
wore eyeliner to a party once
i think any amount of make up is fine as long as the rest of your aesthetic matches

never again tho just because putting it on is just why
w h y
how do people do this every day jesus christ no ty
Despite being an emo I never wrote eyeliner or eyeshadow

i'm pr sure i have a slight allergic reaction to makeup cause the last time i wore it it wrecked my face
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
I do pretty regularly if I'm going out or need to look nice for an event at work or something. I don't wear tons of makeup though, just a bit of concealer around the eyes, matte powder to soften the way my face looks, sometimes a very small amount of blush to make it look more natural, and some lip balm to keep the lips hydrated.
Quote by Hal-Sephira

We all have the rights to be mad

So does you
Does lip balm count as make up?

Quote by StewieSwan
I think everyone should wear less makeup.

I agree.

I don't, and haven't worn it. (television appearances and Halloween parties excepted)

I don't think women should feel the need to either, it's unnecessary. If you're attractive you don't need to, if you're not makeup won't fix it.

Be who you are.
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
Quote by Arby911
I agree.

I don't, and haven't worn it. (television appearances and Halloween parties excepted)

I don't think women should feel the need to either, it's unnecessary. If you're attractive you don't need to, if you're not makeup won't fix it.

Be who you are.

Quote by Arby911
I agree.

Be who you are.

Women doing eyeshadow/liner/mascara etc. literally adds to much to their appearance though same with eyebrows / lips etc. which might not do a lot but a girl putting on some eyeshadow can really elevate her whole experience it's like bothering to brush your hair in the morning or put on a nice aftershave

Quote by EndTheRapture51
Women doing eyeshadow/liner/mascara etc. literally adds to much to their appearance though same with eyebrows / lips etc. which might not do a lot but a girl putting on some eyeshadow can really elevate her whole experience it's like bothering to brush your hair in the morning or put on a nice aftershave

I personally don't think so in most cases. People with makeup don't look better to me, they just look like a person with added makeup. Of course if they themselves think they look better with makeup, then they should feel free to wear the stuff. Their own thoughts on the matter are/should be most important.
Quote by EndTheRapture51

I don't agree, I prefer people as they are. Clean and neat isn't the same as artificially altered. I do agree with the above though, it's not up to me. I don't think less of a person because they choose to use makeup (unless they pile it on like spackle...), I just feel it's unnecessary.

Is it possible that you only think it "adds" to their appearance because you've grown up with certain expectations of beauty?
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
Last edited by Arby911 at Jan 28, 2016,
There are many cases in which I think a person with make up will look really good

and also the opposite case

It's all in the application really. A bit like clothes.

I don't have any problems with a man using makeup. Why not? Women cheat their asses off using makeup.

I wore makeup one time. Got clobbered by another kid and had a big bruise on my cheek. My sister put some "base", whatever the hell that is, on it to hide it. Worked pretty well.
Last edited by TobusRex at Jan 28, 2016,
Never wore makeup. Don't really intend to either.

Don't care if dudes want to use makeup. I'll just lol to myself a bit.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by Arby911
I don't agree, I prefer people as they are. Clean and neat isn't the same as artificially altered. I do agree with the above though, it's not up to me. I don't think less of a person because they choose to use makeup (unless they pile it on like spackle...), I just feel it's unnecessary.

Is it possible that you only think it "adds" to their appearance because you've grown up with certain expectations of beauty?

I definitely have a thing for the smokey dark eye look and some winged eyeliner but like…I wouldn't say I have been conditioned that way as an "expectation of beauty" and similarly if it's done badly then it's better not to have been done at all.

Page 1 of 4